It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Lefties: Why Won't Nancy Vote On A Proper Impeachment Resolution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Ah. That's prudent.

Thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Dfairlite

You only had a memorandum of ten minutes of a thirty minute phone call.
Its in the public record what time the call began and what time it ended.

Conversations had to go through English-to-Ukrainian translators then Ukrainian-to-English translators.

Please, deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump doesn't speak Russian/Ukrainian?

Hmmmph.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hmmmph.

Bigly-inski

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hmmmph.

Bigly-inski

LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
why won't she hold a normal vote?

The simple answer... because she doesn't have to.

It's the same as Mitch not holding a vote on Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court. He didn't have to.

Both corrupt parties have thrown tradition out the window. They're two sides of the same dirty coin.
edit on 10/29/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Why is nancy not letting the floor vote on starting an impeachment inquiry?

I'm no expert. But it would seem that first they investigate. Then they vote to impeach. Not that they vote to investigate.

en.wikipedia.org...

Procedure

At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure.

First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.

Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".

Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds supermajority vote of those present. The result of conviction is removal from office.

edit on 29-10-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That's right people they need to 'investigate'.

Then prepare witness's like Ford to LIE their asses off in front of the nation.

Shame it's not gonna be PPV.

Really WHAT the eff are people expecting after the last three years of political hack monologues broadcast from Cspan to your preferred 'news' network?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
"To Lefties: Why Won't Nancy Vote On A Proper Impeachment Resolution?"

Because it isn't required.

It is required if they want to actually impeach the President.

And it doesn't really make sense to vote on articles of impeachment until the investigation is over with.

Agreed, but the formal investigation doesn't start until the vote to initiate it. This is the vote Nancy is supposedly going to hold on Thursday.

Once the investigation is over and they have all the information they want, then they'll vote. It's in their best interest to hold out as long as possible and gather as much information as they can to make the best case for when it goes before the Senate.

Agreed... except that the Rs will now be able to destroy all of the so-called witnesses in full public view. I personally think this is the beginning of the end of the impeachment process, and may actually end with no final vote on Articles of Impeachment.

That isn't spin, it's just how impeachment works. If this were some kind of criminal case you wouldn't charge the defendant before the investigation is finished..

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If there is no votes then the subpoenas are really not subpoenas, they are not back by any legal standing.

Plus, their is a rule book for the House, u can't change it every time it doesn't suit your party.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Republicans didn't screw around when they went after Clinton, and in the end they paid dearly for it.

So.

There won't be a real vote on it until November 2020. AFTER the election.

They'll keep peddling the LIES for another year.

The most you can expect is the typical bull crap politician.

Having a vote to have a vote, etc.
edit on 29-10-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Today's witness testimony has already fallen apart 😃

Democrats scrambling before the hearing is even done 😃

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh, please, tell us, what is the link to the stream of the hearing? Dont have one?? No one does? No cspan broadcasting it? No???
Well how about you at least enlighten us to how its falling apart?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'm no expert. But it would seem that first they investigate. Then they vote to impeach. Not that they vote to investigate.

There are problems with the investigative process. Here's how it's supposed to work...

How Congress Sets the Rules for Impeachment

Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate have the right to make their own rules governing their procedure, and to change those rules. Under current rules, the actual impeachment inquiry begins in the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives. That Committee holds hearings, takes evidence, and hears testimony of witnesses concerning matters relevant to the inquiry. Typically, as occurred in the case of President Nixon, there will also be a Minority Counsel who serves the interest of the party not controlling Congress.

Witnesses are interrogated by the Committee Counsel, the Minority Counsel, and each of the members of the House Judiciary Committee. The Committee formulates Articles of Impeachment which could contain multiple counts. The Committee votes on the Articles of Impeachment and the results of the vote are reported to the House as a whole. The matter is then referred to the whole House which debates the matter and votes on the Articles of Impeachment, which may or may not be changed. If the Articles of Impeachment are approved, the matter is sent to the Senate for trial.

litigation.findlaw.com...

For starters, most investigations take place through the Judiciary Committee. I can only assume that the current Democrats have changed this either because they didn't want it to look official or because Nadler is in bad health and about to stroke out due to his obvious past health issues. Has anyone heard from him lately? I wouldn't be surprised if he's laid up in a hospital somewhere.

Secondly, while Schiff is telling the press that Republicans from three of Congress' committees are allowed to sit in on depositions, other Republican committee members are claiming that Schiff won't allow them to sit in on them. Something is very wrong with how Schiff is guiding this investigation and it should be taken away from him.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Quick refresher:

1. Impeachment is the sole power of the House. US Constitution, Article I, Section 2, Item 5.

2. The House's procedures, committee structure and committee authorities to investigate matters under their purview and issue subpoenas to compel response is found in the Rules of the House of Representatives, 116th Congress, which is approved by majority at the beginning of every Congressional Seession. Jefferson's Manual is considered the core of the House's procedure except when the Rules apply specifically.

3. "In the past, House committees, under their general investigatory authority, have sometimes sought information and researched charges against officers prior to the adoption of a resolution to authorize an impeachment investigation." Library of Congress

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

If there is no votes then the subpoenas are really not subpoenas, they are not back by any legal standing.

What House rule can you cite that backs that assertion up?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

I don't agree completely with your assertions but I have to say, you have a way with words. I usually say the Dems are masters at seizing defeat from the jaws of victory but you said it so much better!

Thanks for an early morning chuckle. Honestly.

I have to admit that when I saw I had a reply from you I sighed like a petulant teenager being asked to clean their room, but I was pleasantly surprised by your post. I think the universe had to balance things out. Yesterday I refrained from responding to a post from you that certainly would have been my typical thinly-veiled insults to your intelligence and overt contempt for every political opinion you ever had. I had a rare flicker of restraint stir in my cold black heart.

It seems that in the absence of constant press coverage Clinton had saved up every last ounce of stupidity and unleashed it in one monstrous eruption of herp-derp against a candidate cruising along with all of 1-3% in the polls.

Universe is back in alignment. Parlay is over. If anyone sees me being nice they'll kick me out of the club.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

. Impeachment is the sole power of the House.

No.

Peas and Carrots.

House starts it.

Senate gets the final say.

Those checks and balances eh.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Congressional materials have cautioned that the grounds for impeachment "do not all fit neatly and logically into categories" because the remedy of impeachment is intended to "reach a broad variety of conduct by officers that is both serious and incompatible with the duties of the office".[6][1] Congress has identified three general types of conduct that constitute grounds for impeachment, although these categories should not be understood as exhaustive:

(1)improperly exceeding or abusing the powers of the office;
(2)behavior incompatible with the function and purpose of the office; and
(3)misusing the office for an improper purpose or for personal gain.[6][1]

Pelosi and every single person in her party should be impeached

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Conversely, not all criminal conduct is impeachable: in 1974, the Judiciary Committee rejected an article of impeachment against President Nixon alleging that he committed tax fraud,primarily because that "related to the President's private conduct, not to an abuse of his authority as President."[1]

From the Same link above.

Team left has alleged the same thing against Trump.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join