It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Lefties: Why Won't Nancy Vote On A Proper Impeachment Resolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes, we all know they're going to vote on some procedure affirmation BS, but why won't she hold a normal vote? What's the harm she's trying to avoid? It's not hard to bring it to the floor for a vote. I've heard many explanations but none of them make much sense and I can't seem to find nancy explaining why she won't hold a regular vote. So what's your spin?

Here are some of the theories I've heard:
Theory 1: It gives republicans certain powers
Problem: the dems have a majority and can change the rules. Furthermore, with the compliant media there's no need to worry republicans would expose anything that couldn't be easily covered up.

Theory 2: She doesn't have the votes
Problem: This is a defacto vote she's doing on thursday. She has to have enough votes for it.

Theory 3: She doesn't want to make certain members go on record voting for impeachement
Problem: Thursday's vote will be just as damaging for them. To voters it's basically an impeachment resolution vote, just without the actual resolution. In fact she's trying to muddy the waters to make it seem like it's a legitimate floor vote on impeachment.

Theory 4: The public doesn't want impeachment
Problem: The media and dems are pushing this as a legitimate impeachment effort.

I'm sure there are others but the whole situation makes no sense. She's got the media pushing it as a legitimate impeachment. She's arguing that courts are saying it's a legitimate impeachment. She's holding a defacto impeachment resolution vote. So why not just vote on an impeachment resolution? Why give the right and trump the ammo to say this is illegitimate?

I don't get it. Left, right, I don't care. Someone help me out here please.

EDIT:
There seems to be a little confusion. To clear that up, below are the last three impeachment inquiry authorizations in the house. They were voted on by the whole floor and they authorized the judiciary committee to do an impeachment inquiry on these individuals. This has not been done with Trump. WHY?

H.Res 424 -Kent
H.Res 15 -Porteous
H.Res 581 -Clinton

EDIT2:
Yes it is a house rule to authorize an impeachment inquiry via full floor vote which authorizes the house judiciary to proceed. You can download the rules here. The relevant text:

B. Procedure in the House
Β§ 6. In General; Initiation and Referral of Charges Generally Under the modern practice, an impeachment is normally instituted by the House by the adoption of a resolution calling for a committee investigation of charges against the officer in question.

edit on 29-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

To Lefties: Why Won't Nancy Vote On A Proper Impeachment Resolution?

Because it isn't required. And it doesn't really make sense to vote on articles of impeachment until the investigation is over with.

Once the investigation is over and they have all the information they want, then they'll vote. It's in their best interest to hold out as long as possible and gather as much information as they can to make the best case for when it goes before the Senate.

That isn't spin, it's just how impeachment works. If this were some kind of criminal case you wouldn't charge the defendant before the investigation is finished..

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm not saying to vote on articles of impeachment. And required or not, it is customary and was done for both nixon and clinton.

Constitutionally required or not isn't the question I'm asking, I'm asking why she won't do such a simple thing? It's not hard. It's part of the house rules they adopted. Yet she hasn't changed the rules and she hasn't followed them either. So why?

Look, I don't care if she does or not, so don't focus on trying to convince me that what she's doing is legit or illegitimate. Focus on why she is not doing this simple step that takes ammo out of republicans belts? Not only is she not doing it, she's going to great lengths to pretend she is. Why???

Here, read the first 10 paragraphs of this article, or so.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This whole Nervous Nancy thing is new to me;

leaves me wondering if there's a GP kids card with her or somethin!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

And required or not, it is customary and was done for both nixon and clinton.
With both Nixon and Clinton a special prosecutor conducted the preliminary investigations. This investigation was initiated by a whistleblower complaint addressed to the Intelligence Committee as specified by law. Apples, meet oranges.

It's part of the house rules they adopted.
Please specify.

edit on 10/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Pelsoi is playing a losing game because she's trapped in 3 snares and can't squirm loose.

edit on Oct-29-2019 by xuenchen because: πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡ πŸ‡

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But?

Mueller !! πŸ˜ƒ

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abadon
This whole Nervous Nancy thing is new to me;

leaves me wondering if there's a GP kids card with her or somethin!

A complicated mind is difficult to analyze πŸ‡ 😎

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did Mueller investigate the actions of the president in regard to Ukraine? In seeking to find "dirt" on Biden?

Did I miss that part? Can you cite the pages I should refer to?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to find such specific house rules but I can point you to the prior resolutions that authorized an impeachment inquiry.
They are:
H.Res 424 -Kent
H.Res 15 -Porteous
H.Res 581 -Clinton

Again, the purpose of this thread is not to say it's illegitimate, it's to address the tactic pelosi is using. Why is she defying convention? All it does is give trump and republicans ammo to call it illegitimate. What else is she gaining from it? She's not an idiot and she's not unaware. She is very purposefully defying convention. WHY???

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I'm not sure where to find such specific house rules
Then why did you bring them up?

She is very purposefully defying convention.
So does our president. No?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Come back when you want to have a real discussion, not play in the weeds.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So, you have nothing to back up your claim about "rules? "

And yet you want to stick with "process."

Odd.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It's a moot point. It's not what the thread is about. Whether it's rules or customs matters not to the argument. Like I said, come back when you want to discuss the actual topic, not the weeds.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Who cares. If the Democrats happen to win the election there is a way anyone can win no matter what party they are in. Just invest in generic drugs for heart disease since this is where a lot of tax dollars will be going.

Illegal aliens, if they get free healthcare study the main diseases that afflict them. That would be heart disease. Invest in heart disease generic drugs. You will make a small fortune. Same goes for military vendors right now.

It's not that hard.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I do, that's why I posted it. If you don't, don't post.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It's a moot point.
Which you raised.

Like I said, come back when you want to discuss the actual topic, not the weeds.
I thought the topic was the "process."

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Oh that's the ticket!

A special prosecutor LOL!
Like a special counsel only different, because
Robert Mueller failed his "mission"?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I think Muellar did a good job, actually.

Don't you?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I thought the topic was the "process."

Then you didn't pay attention. The topic is why is nancy giving republicans fodder? She's not doing it how it's always been done. I provided plenty of evidence of that and if you go look at the edits in the OP you'll see I've linked the rules and the relevant text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join