It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigration: The fix everyone ignores, likely because it would obviously work..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: butcherguy

Put the responsibility on the business and they will instantly figure it out... all they gotta do is run the ID....

Gas stations are still responsible for selling to minors with a fake.

I am just telling you what the ICE agent said when I asked him.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
The easiest way to fix this problem is to stop all immigration for several months, work through the back log, fire a ton of useless people at the USCIS, train everyone who remains to actually know the freaking laws, forms and other minutiae.

And anyone whining about how several months is a long time blah blah blah clearly has never gone through the US immigration process where everything is a mess and takes 3 times longer than it should.

The US immigration system is a flaming neon flag for why the government sucks at running anything.

There is already E Verify which was supposed to stop the hiring of illegal immigrants or immigrants who do not have a work permit. It has never worked because the government can't run crap. Walmart can track every freaking widget from distribution center to truck to store to register and then reorder it automatically but the US government can't keep track of immigrant numbers and stolen SSN and Tax numbers. It's a joke!

Nevermind that people want the government to take care of everything for them....

Employers are supposed to be fined but of course they claim the E Verify wasn't working properly or that the Illegal immigrant had stolen identity or that they filed the I-9 and so aren't to blame.

Admitting the system is broken, rebuilding it, and then actually following the laws already on the books will go a long way to fixing most of the illegal immigrant problem.

I agree with this entirely. I say shut down all immigration. Build a wall. Implement E-verify and other systems to ensure all employers and immigrants can be compliant. Once the system is up and running, then slowly start allowing additional immigration.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I enjoy these threads, knowing that each of you has done one or more of the following and knew (or should have known) that it involved employees who were in the country illegally:

1. had some landscaping work done
2. hired a lawn care service
3. ate at a sit down restaurant
4. had a roof replaced
5. had a house built
6. used a public highway/road
7. okay that last one was added to be snarky

If you've done one or more of the above and claim ignorance that you contributed to the illegal immigration problem, it might just be willful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
I enjoy these threads, knowing that each of you has done one or more of the following and knew (or should have known) that it involved employees who were in the country illegally:

4. had a roof replaced
5. had a house built

If you've done one or more of the above and claim ignorance that you contributed to the illegal immigration problem, it might just be willful ignorance.

Most people don't knowingly hire illegals. You hire a company to perform work. If that company is choosing to hire illegals, the consumer is unaware. We may suspect it, but I am not going to be verifying the individual employees of a company. That isn't my job...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

4. had a roof replaced
5. had a house built

How would I know if the restaurant that I ate at employed illegal aliens?
Are you stating that all restaurants hire illegal aliens?
Are you going on the assumption that if a business has a person that looks Hispanic working there, they have to be hiring illegals?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
...If you accept a fake ID as being valid when you do not know that it is fake, who is committing the crime? You, or the person presenting it as real?

------------------
In many states a bartender who accepts a fake ID from a minor and sells him alcohol is criminally negligent.
It is baffling to me how an employer can do the same and be held harmless? But I'm not doubting your word sir.
--------------
E-Verify needs to be enforced and the employee will not be working until the report is confirmed.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And I am telling you it is horse doo doo...

We check ids for cigarettes lol..

You wanna tell me it is impossible for employers to check a persons status?!?!

That is a play off for the sheeple.. Just like every other fix that isn’t actually fixing anything.. aka the wall..

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TomDonahugh

For sure...

Those very same business owners have lobbied to put those narratives in circulation..

They want it both ways.. cheap labor and a boogeyman to demonize to energize the gop base..

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I could care less about illegal immigration..

I actually think we could charge a 10,000 a year fee to work here and they all line up..

The cartel presently charges 8k anyway..

The OP is just pointing out that the situation is easily solvable if one considers it a problem..

It is just funny those who pretend they care about it don’t fix it..

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

They don't need citizenship when it's racist for polling stations to ask anyone for id. And it somehow places a nearly insurmountable barrier for minorities to even get a free id for reasons the far left hasn't explained yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

It is racist for polling stations to only and ask every person who lookS Mexican for IDs, though.. I

Which is the Actual complaint I think..

Republicans have been trying to prove voter fraud for decades to explain away the fact they keep losing popular votes , but still win elections.

Like the last 4 republican presidents have launched majorly investigations looking for it so they can shut down black voters..

They have nothing to show for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's what I said. If documentation is presented but is fraudulent, it is not the employers responsibility. Unless...

It's not what you said it's what the article you googled said. SMH

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

4. had a roof replaced
5. had a house built

This is highly racist. What makes you think that all of these listed are ONLY provided by illegals?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I could care less about illegal immigration..

I actually think we could charge a 10,000 a year fee to work here and they all line up..

The cartel presently charges 8k anyway..

The OP is just pointing out that the situation is easily solvable if one considers it a problem..

It is just funny those who pretend they care about it don’t fix it..

So you don't mind that they don't pay taxes but reap tax payer benefits? ok then.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It is racist for polling stations to only and ask every person who lookS Mexican for IDs, though.. I

Which is the Actual complaint I think..

Nope, laws apply to everyone. If you want to find the true racist look at you own party. Especially the New Black Panthers, Obama and his justice department loved them. It was probably their idea of requiring hospitals to euthanize all newborn white babies enamored them so much.
edit on 29-10-2019 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

WHAT?!?

When did laws start applying to everyone?!?!

When was this mythical time?!?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

WHAT?!?

When did laws start applying to everyone?!?!

When was this mythical time?!?

Considering Trump's people have be prosecuted and he's facing impeachment inquiries, you must be talking Hillarys illegal activities.

Anyways back on topic, What proof do you have that ID laws would only apply to uncertain races since you yourself made the claim.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They should make a system like IRS Whistleblower Informant Award for reporting any business that employee's illegals.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Yeah, I read it. I actually agree with you. The fines should be severe, and I would kike to see mandatory prison time for anyone who knowingly hired an illegal alien.

The key word in that is "knowingly."

Very few companies actually hire illegal aliens knowingly, though. The way it works is this: the coyotes get fake ID for their "customers" (illegal immigrants) and they then give a prospective employer these fake documents. The employer fills out the paperwork to verify citizenship, does a quick check to verify the documentation, and hires them. Now, a lot of these employers know that the documents are fake, but they also know that as long as they don't blurt out a confession there is no way to prove they knew they were fake. Occasionally someone will push the envelope too far and get hit with fines, but usually they can't be charged because there is no evidence that they knew they were hiring an illegal alien. The government verified the documentation; not their fault.

Another method is for a contractor to hire a skeleton crew, then drive by the local hardware retailer early in the morning and just stop and open the truck door. Several illegals will pile in and off they go to work. At the end of the day, the illegals get dropped back off at the same parking lot with a little cash in their pocket... no W-2, no 1099, no taxes, no reporting, just here, take your money and go home. The money goes on taxes as padding on the cost of materials or tools... it's low enough that it's almost impossible to find in an audit. How do you catch the contractors? Are you going to arrest them for having an illegal alien in their truck? That's not illegal. You'd have to show up at the job site, which changes week to week, and catch them in the act. Again, a few do get caught and fined, but not many.

So while I agree with you, it's not enough to fix the problem. That's why the wall is necessary. As a side benefit, that same wall will also be a barrier to the criminals you mention... why let them in, let them commit a crime, then spend money on law enforcement finding them after they commit the crime and deporting them? Just don't let them in... no crime and no law enforcement needed.

Oh, and one more thing... the fines are set by law. Only Congress can change the fine amounts, and at present I don't think the House of Representatives could manage to order a ham sandwich if they were starving to death.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join