It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigration: The fix everyone ignores, likely because it would obviously work..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Simple, as long as every employee filled out a "I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification" form, and the company submitted it to the US Citizen and Immigration Services.

I-9s are not submitted to anywhere. They are retained on file by the employer and require certain documentation. If the documentation provided is fraudulent, that is one thing. If the employer did not require the documentation be shown, that is something else entirely. And, part of the due diligence required by the employer is to follow up if fraud may be suspected.

foleyhoag.com...
edit on 10/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your right, I misremembered. But according to this www.uscis.gov... They still wouldn't be prosecuted.

5. Q. What happens if I properly complete and retain a Form I-9 and DHS discovers that my employee is not actually authorized to work?

A. You cannot be charged with a verification violation. You will also have a good faith defense against the imposition of employer sanctions penalties for knowingly hiring an unauthorized individual, unless the government can show you had knowledge of the unauthorized status of the employee.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Same thing that happened to the Romans.

No. Not really.
But at the time Rome fell it was an empire, no longer a republic.

Yes. That is what happened. It slowly degraded due to the political climate of treating their military mainly and citizens like garbage. Nobody cared anymore. The military had enough. Nobody was left to defend it. That is what happened. Political turmoil, not taking care of military and the citizens.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

That's what I said. If documentation is presented but is fraudulent, it is not the employers responsibility. Unless...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: rickymouse

Yea .... don’t fine the people profiting off of them coming here...

If you want them to stop coming here for work. You have to remove the work..

It is like trying to stop drugs by ONLY busting street users.. lol

As far as businesses sponsoring them... how is a business gonna sponsor them before they get here?!?! Lol

Once they are here Trump conservatives have a zero tolerance policy that all must be prosecuted....

So are you suggesting businesses sign them up in Mexico and then wait the years for their applications to process?!?!

Here is the problem, an illegal can have a social security number, they can have legitimate looking ID. It asks on the job application if the applicant is a citizen, if they say yes, and they have a realistic looking license or paperwork, then an employer does not ask anymore, he actually can't because that is profiling a minority.

I had my son in law working for me, he had a social security number, a drivers license, and on his application he did not check that he was not a citizen. That was many years back, about twenty years or more ago, nobody checked back then around here. It wasn't even required for employers to verify if someone was a citizen back then.

Now it is different, but if the person puts that he is a citizen and he has a social security number, An employer is still not allowed to check him out. If they tell you they are an immigrant, yes, you need to check in with a certain agency.

Most of those workers you hear about have legitimate looking IDs showing they are citizens. The social security numbers are not even given to the government till tax time yet I believe. So, they claim three and there is little tax taken out and they have to move on after the employer files the taxes in their name at the end of the year. I paid my quarterly taxes in estimates, their specific earnings tied to social security number went in in January in the form of W2s

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It slowly degraded due to the political climate of treating their military mainly and citizens like garbage.

No. The republic disappeared all at once when the Senate gave Octavian the powers of emperor. Put him above the law. One man making the rules. It took a while for the empire to fall but superior enemy armies, bad emperors and over extended borders were the reason for that.

It wasn't people sneaking across the border and the US is not an empire. No matter what the Administration might wish.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Be careful, even trump hires illegals to work in his hotels and golf courses.

www.rollingstone.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Do you think the contractors building "the wall" hire illegals?

edit on 28-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We don't have any businesses like that that employ many illegals around here. So I can't comprehend what it is like in those areas very well. I see incidents of shops that employ illegals in TV shows but do not even know if that is close to accurate at all. I do understand how things work economically though. But on this subject I am only guessing. My son in law was illegal when he came here and his mother who brought him in thirty five years ago when he was very young still lives in Cali and worked for cash cleaning rich people's houses at a barely livable rate. She does not like fancy things and is content just making a living and living in a cheap immigrant area. She came from Guatamala and at least it was better here than there.

Go to TX and CA. Get out from under your shell and check it out. Whole communities and towns do not speak English. I know. I lived in both. Go ask your Guatamala friend who serves jury duty for her, and for her friends just like her. That would be be and my friends. We do this over and over. I got called up for jury duty 3 times in the past 5 year. All for illegal aliens.

Does her and her friends lose any money. No. They do not. Do me and my friends lose income. Yes. We lose income.
Think I got paid 7 dollars for an entire day dealing with an illegal alien who, did in fact commit a crime and was convicted,

It's wrong. Go apply for legal citizenship. Nonsense being here 20 plus years and never applying. No other country allows this scoffing at our legal system. What is her name. I will report her for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I got called up for jury duty 3 times in the past 5 year.

Have you considered buying a lottery ticket? You seem extraordinarily lucky.

Last notice I got was 6 or 7 years ago and they said never mind before I showed up.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why don't the businesses sponsor the illegals to get legalized, they can make up a contract if they are decent employees to recover the costs.

Because:

-The main reason illegal labor is a benefit to US corporations:
a. Illegals cannot file a worker's compensation claim. That alone makes them worthwhile.
b. illegals cannot unionize
c. illegals cannot sue for wrongful termination
d. they will work for less than a legal worker, given the same cost-of-living; because they will not pay taxes. That right there is a 12-25% raise for the illegal.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

a. Depends on the state. But most states which require that employers carry worker's comp, make no distinction.

b. Unless the union requires it there is no requirement for legal documentation. Again, depending upon state laws and if you are not a federal employee.

c. Totally incorrect. Every person in the US is afforded equal protection under the law.

d. If they are being payed under the table, the employee is in violation of federal law.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Simple? I don't think so!
Because hiring illegals isn't a crime if the employer can show that
legal documentation was used by the illegal to show proof of eligibility
to work in the united states. Thereby committing a fraud on top of the
other illegalities committed by ILLEGALS!. Hello!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Because hiring illegals isn't a crime if the employer can show that legal documentation was used by the illegal to show proof of eligibility to work in the united states.

If the documentation is legal, what's the problem?

Oxymoron much?

edit on 10/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ah but legal documents can be filled out fraudulently to save the
employer a very big problem no doubt.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's been tried, fines for business that employ illegal migrant's.

IT just does not work as they are too many and there are too many business willing to pay someone pay in hand off the book's to get it done for less than they would have to pay a legitimate employee.
Of course I say it has been done but I am talking about over here.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Just out of curiosity, with all the immigration talk the last couple years. It seems to me everyone has forgotten that it is an issue everyone has known the fix for......

Make it no longer profitable to employ them..

All but the criminals go home tomorrow and any. Illegals you catch after that are probably here for nefarious reasons.

I bet there is not a person that will read this for who this is a new idea...

If it is a 20k fine per illegal, per offense, and you actually check up on people....

Boom... everyone with any business that can be tracked Instantly fires them all.

The fact you hear NO ONE suggesting going after the employers I think speaks volumes... I think they do not want it fixed..

They make too much money hyping up the sheeple to give donations and they want the cheap labor....

People have been calling for E-verify and other methods to make it next to impossible for an illegal to work. However, BOTH parties want illegal immigration.

The left / Democrats see illegals as a voting block. The right (RINOs) have business interest that wants the cheap labor.

Everyone in the middle with more than two functioning brain cells knows illegal immigration is a huge problem. This is why Trump became a force because he was the only Republican to speak out on it. If you recall, all the other Republican candidates were for amnesty and other illegal immigration schemes until Trump made it an issue.

Democrats were all against illegal immigration until Trump came along and they decided illegals would be a new voting block.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yes. Fraudulent documents can be presented. In which case they are not legal documents. This does not mean the employer has no responsibility.

The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee and record the document information on the Form I-9. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form. Employers must retain Form I-9 for a designated period and make it available for inspection by authorized government officers.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Democrats were all against illegal immigration until Trump came along and they decided illegals would be a new voting block.

Non-citizens cannot vote in federal elections.

But sure, divert from the fact that US employers illegally hire undocumented aliens. Leave them alone. They're just entrepreneurs.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I agree the employer has responsibility. But trying to build a
case against an employer based on whether or not he met his
responsibility? When presented with fraudulent legal documentation?
Is that worth prosecuting? IDK but I doubt it. They are legal documents
until they are filled out fraudulently are they not?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

But trying to build a case against an employer based on whether or not he met his responsibility?
Right. "Just say no", right? Easy peasy.

They are legal documents until they are filled out fraudulently are they not?

A fake green card is fake. As a 'merican employer, I'm gonna be 'spicous of anyone who don't talk English. I'm gonna scrutinize them documents. Damn right I am. But I can't find no citizens who want to work as meat cutters. Dammit, what's a body to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join