It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigration: The fix everyone ignores, likely because it would obviously work..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, with all the immigration talk the last couple years. It seems to me everyone has forgotten that it is an issue everyone has known the fix for......

Make it no longer profitable to employ them..

All but the criminals go home tomorrow and any. Illegals you catch after that are probably here for nefarious reasons.

I bet there is not a person that will read this for who this is a new idea...

If it is a 20k fine per illegal, per offense, and you actually check up on people....

Boom... everyone with any business that can be tracked Instantly fires them all.

The fact you hear NO ONE suggesting going after the employers I think speaks volumes... I think they do not want it fixed..

They make too much money hyping up the sheeple to give donations and they want the cheap labor....
edit on 28-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The people voted to kick illegals out many moons ago. The politicians profit off them so they scoff at their promises. Biden, Obama, Pelosi, Hillary, Bill, Feinstein.

All of them were at one time staunch against illegal aliens and some, not that long ago. Many Democrats voted for over 700 miles of border barriers.

Their donors however said no funny no money. That is what happened.
edit on 28-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why don't the businesses sponsor the illegals to get legalized, they can make up a contract if they are decent employees to recover the costs. Or, why doesn't our government take the extensive profit out of lawyers pockets that charge so much for getting immigrants legal.

We need to fix the problem correctly, not fine businesses trying to keep prices of food for Americans lower so everyone can eat. Those fines go right to the consumer and the prices will rise everywhere because those places usually keep down the profits of other businesses by competing with them.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

If it is a 20k fine per illegal, per offense, and you actually check up on people....
Fines are substantially lower than that but repeat offenders are subject to criminal charges. If the Government were really serious about it they could probably use RICO statutes as well.

Are they serious about it? Any one know if anything happened to the employers here:

U.S. immigration authorities on Wednesday rounded up hundreds of undocumented workers in food processing plants during a sprawling operation in Mississippi that officials touted as the largest immigration enforcement sweep in a single state in U.S. history.
www.winknews.com...

edit on 10/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Just make it very easy for illegals to have a path to citizenship like get a four year degree or pay some amount of taxes for 4 years. Having a booming economy helps everyone.

edit on 28-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why don't the businesses sponsor the illegals to get legalized, they can make up a contract if they are decent employees to recover the costs. Or, why doesn't our government take the extensive profit out of lawyers pockets that charge so much for getting immigrants legal.

We need to fix the problem correctly, not fine businesses trying to keep prices of food for Americans lower so everyone can eat. Those fines go right to the consumer and the prices will rise everywhere because those places usually keep down the profits of other businesses by competing with them.

Because they are protected. The Bush family for example own a poggie bait facility in La. Poggie is fish guts for dog food, cat foot and larger fish bait. All illegals working there. Nobody is touching that joint I know that much.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think the "DACA kids" should have such a means to obtain citizenship, as should legitimate seekers of asylum. Other than that, it gets dicey.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yea .... don’t fine the people profiting off of them coming here...

If you want them to stop coming here for work. You have to remove the work..

It is like trying to stop drugs by ONLY busting street users.. lol

As far as businesses sponsoring them... how is a business gonna sponsor them before they get here?!?! Lol

Once they are here Trump conservatives have a zero tolerance policy that all must be prosecuted....

So are you suggesting businesses sign them up in Mexico and then wait the years for their applications to process?!?!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OBVIOUSLY not even remotely enough to stop it from being profitable..

The instant the fine is more expensive than the money illegals save them... it is done..

But any fine that leaves employing them profitable is useless.... that is just making your products cost more for no benefit.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Just make it very easy for illegals to have a path to citizenship like get a four year degree or pay some amount of taxes for 4 years. Having a booming economy helps everyone.

No. It should not be easy. It's easy now. Just show up. Can't speak English they get locked up for a year and deported. Do it again 2 years. Again 5 years. That is what needs to happen. We have large communities that can't speak English and they are voting legally in local elections. Totally screwed up situation and does not happen in any other country on the planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

But any fine that leaves employing them profitable is useless.... that is just making your products cost more for no benefit.
But, but...repeat offenders are subject to criminal charges.

Anyone know if anything happened to those Mississippi meat packers?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

For sure..

I am pointing out that if anyone actually wanted it fixed. The answer is simple.

No one wants it fixed.. that is why they ignore the very obvious answer that the US government actually can control and instead attempt to control the uncontrollable.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Totally screwed up situation and does not happen in any other country on the planet.

I didn't know the US wanted to be like any other country on the planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

We don't have any businesses like that that employ many illegals around here. So I can't comprehend what it is like in those areas very well. I see incidents of shops that employ illegals in TV shows but do not even know if that is close to accurate at all. I do understand how things work economically though. But on this subject I am only guessing. My son in law was illegal when he came here and his mother who brought him in thirty five years ago when he was very young still lives in Cali and worked for cash cleaning rich people's houses at a barely livable rate. She does not like fancy things and is content just making a living and living in a cheap immigrant area. She came from Guatamala and at least it was better here than there.

link   

The fact you hear NO ONE suggesting going after the employers I think speaks volumes... I think they do not want it fixed..

That's pretty much it. Everyone seems to gloss over the one simple fact behind it all..

No immigrant has ever taken a job from anyone. Someone gave them that job. If people really cared about stopping illegal immigration they'd go after the people who employ them. Without anyone hiring, border crossings would dry up.

It's always been easier and more profitable politically to demonize undocumented immigrants as a group because most of the time they lack the resources to fight back.

link   

Obviously not enough if they pay the fine and keep doing it...

Obviously the fines are low enough to be the “cost of doing business “..

The fines have to be prohibitive.. Where it is not worth it period..

link   

I am pointing out that if anyone actually wanted it fixed. The answer is simple.

No it isn't.

"Just say no." Easy peasy. Right?

The fines have to be prohibitive.. Where it is not worth it period..
Were the meat packers in Mississippi even fined?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Totally screwed up situation and does not happen in any other country on the planet.

I didn't know the US wanted to be like any other country on the planet.

It won't be the US if this continues. Same thing that happened to the Romans. Stopped caring about citizens, stopped protecting their borders. Eventually the ones that did care all left. There was nobody left to defend it. They tried recalling retired officers when it hit the fan and they all said screw it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Simple, as long as every employee filled out a "I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification" form, and the company submitted it to the US Citizen and Immigration Services. They are exempt from prosecution because they did their do diligence. Stopping one person doesn't make headlines, but waiting to arrest dozens makes headlines and guarantees federal funding.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Same thing that happened to the Romans.

No. Not really.
But at the time Rome fell it was an empire, no longer a republic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join