It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Aliens? Makes Sense...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The notion of “little green men” and “small grays” may make logical sense and their small stature could lead them to being more technological advancement.

I say this for two reasons:
1. Less resource consumption
2. The law of large numbers.

I also make a few assumptions:
1. Life needs food (resources) to sustain and doesn’t live off electricity or is “Borg” like in nature.
2. Their species had to evolve and thus they have a promotional need for food to that of humans - their bodies can store energy tied to evolution and former scarcity of their food supply.
3. Having more people working to solve a problem or problems leads to more advancements, more quickly due to time being spent on the task and a diversity of thought/ideas/innovation.
4. Populations will naturally grow until they reach a point such that their resources can no longer support population growth.
5. Smaller beings require less fuel than larger beings.

Here’s my thought: if another planet had intelligent life on it and a “human-equivalent” but notably smaller - say 3-4 feet tall max - and lived on a planet the size of earth... the population could be materially larger for the same amount of total resource consumption if you assume that smaller beings require fewer resources to sustain.

So now there’s more of “them”. I’ll make an assumption that a population of human-like beings would have some smarter and some less intelligent beings amongst them. If those ratios held similar to that of humans - if “they” had a population double the size of the human population then they could have double the number of smart “beings” to help advance their technology.

Now, maybe they live on a planet that’s double the size of earth - now they have 4x the number of smart beings. Heck, maybe they had 50% smaller oceans and more land mass than earth. In any case As a result, they can advance more quickly. Law of large numbers, so to speak.

To me, this makes the possibility of another species being more advanced and being able to reach us more probable in my view. A 5x number of “smart” beings and a 10,000 year head start could mean they are way, way, way further along and living something akin to a Star Trek reality.

This doesn’t speak to why they would visit us but it does increase the probability that we have been or are being visited - particularly when it’s consistent with some reports of abductees or experiences speaking to the small stature of ETs they have encountered.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Seems humans got smarter as they got larger though, our brains in particular. Our predecessors were smaller than us. Not sure it applies to other planets, but there is precedent.

Heck, maybe they had 50% smaller oceans and more land mass than earth. In any case As a result, they can advance more quickly. Law of large numbers, so to speak.
I think technology (and the knowledge it is based upon) follows a geometric progression which is not dependent upon population, though an increasing population could require innovation in order for continued growth to occur. In order to overcome natural limits.

edit on 10/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Any million year old technologically advanced race worth its salt is not going to need to eat. This is because their body will have food generation technology engineered right into the body. And water will probably absorbed through skin. In other words, they would be self sustaining.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yeah. They'll probably do away with sex and other fun stuff too.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They would be insanely efficient. They would engineer themselves with no spectrum. No gay aliens, no fat ones, mental disorders. Probably an ideal height. Basically perfect for universal travel and commune living similar to ants.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I think technology (and the knowledge it is based upon) follows a geometric progression...

Would you be willing to expand?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Well, ok. Roughly geometric, as opposed to arithmetic.

The faster we invent things the more the rate of invention increases.

Probably not strictly geometric, but you get the point. Right?

edit on 10/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, exponential, roughly? I surmised as much but wanted to ask.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

More or less.

But parabolic functions can be scary.

edit on 10/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not inclined to disagree with you.

Have to admit, I thought for a moment we were all going to see a teaser of "Sacred Geometry Phage".

A man can hope.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Scary, not sacred.

Dyslexia?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Scary, not sacred.

Dyslexia?

Lol yes

Still tho

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
The notion of “little green men” and “small grays” may make logical sense and their small stature could lead them to being more technological advancement.

Thoughts?

You should read this short story, "This Crowded Earth by Robert Bloch," first published 1958. A fun read.... it doesn't workout so well for an over populated earth of little people.

www.goodreads.com...

edit on 29-10-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

No wonder they're doing all that probing...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

NOT if they always put the good stuff on the top shelf of there alien supermarkets.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Maybe aliens are small, so small we can't see them w/ naked eye. That would explain a lot.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

One word: Sex Robots.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Any planet they come from could have a heavy atmosphere, gravity meaning they only grow to their small height to suit their planets conditions.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Or, they have highly engineered pleasure organs.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Do Greys have a penis? ATS must be full of nuns because not one person will respond to my video question - are we looking at an alien penis?
edit on 29-10-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: can't spell worth spit

<<   2 >>

join