It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy audit finds $126M in parts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The hard part was remembering when you had to do it the right way, and when you could do it the "right" way. Heh

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Luckily, on the line, QA, was never really able to sneak up on you. And if you had the T.O. opened to the correct page, you were golden. Those same guys who taught us how to get the job done, also taught us how to appear correctly. We had some great leadership in our group, some really smart guys.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We had the "honor" of having McPeak as Wing King. Talk about a nightmare. Everything had to be done exactly right. It was less about getting things done and more about not making him look bad. Prettiest and cleanest base in the Air Force though. We used to joke that he would drive around housing with a ruler to measure the grass so he could send letters out that it was too long.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

the companies WANT you to buy extra parts they will never need. that is the scam.
they scumbags up top do this on purpose, to appease the inter-nationalist corporations.

in fact, i wish this is how they stole money.

the problem is, the inter-nationalists in charge also want people to kill each other
i wish all they did was make us buy 50 jet engines when we only need 2.

i would rather give the bastarrrds 10 trillion a year, no killing, then 5 trillion a year and war.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: charlyv

There used to be guys running around with $50,000 in parts in scrounge bags. They would do the same thing, only they'd carry them with them, because they'd travel with the aircraft. It was always really oddball crap, that was ridiculously expensive too.

I used to have to snag rides to keep my ejection seat qual. One time I was assigned as a courier from Jacksonville FL. to Rota Spain, riding in a TA-7. I had a box on my lap because it wouldn't fit in the little baggage compartment. The guy that handed me to box told me to be very careful with it because it was worth $30 million. When we got to Rota I handed it to a guy who got into an S-3 Viking and left. I later found out that there were a bad batch of circuit boards for the F-14's fire control system and I was carrying the replacements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join