It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi sends 'Dear Colleague' letter about voting on impeachment resolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Impeachment can and will be stopped in the Senate.
Nothing can stop Barr and Durham.
There is no more discussion about all of that.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Lumenari

No, you are right. Trying to impeach Trump will most like turn out to be bad political calculus. I'm pretty sure Pelosi was very much against the idea until her colleagues kind of forced her to do it.

The thing is Trump is his own worse enemy. He really brought this on himself by making self-incriminating evidence. As I said baiting the Democrats to try to impeach may be his 3D chess move. And if this all turns out to be nothing but hay then Trump is pretty much guaranteed a 2020 win.

All you Republicans may be right.

Or, maybe there is real evidence of crime and you guys should be lot more worried than you actually are.

So far his crime appears to be that the Democrats don't like the job he's doing because it's going to get him elected again.

Your FEC violation that you keep posting, btw?

I've pointed out in other threads that it is the stance of the FEC that information is NOT a thing of value.

So it doesn't apply.

However.

I found a meme for you because I know you like her...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dear Nancy Pelosi and Collegues:

Please remember your commitment to following the Constitution and the Rule of Law when the issue turns to infringing on the Right of American Citizens to keep and bear arms. This Right is reserved to the People and not to federal, state, or local governments.

Also, please consider the many brave men and women who sacrificed life and limb to secure and preserve those rights. If you truly support our troops, please do not dishonor their memory and their sacrifices by trying to take away the legacy they have left us.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trump can't get impeached for the same actions the democrats undertook to prove Trump was 'corrupt'..
Trump is given more credit than he deserves. The dems never needed a fake dossier and everything they got caught doing.

That doesn't matter if the enquiry is partially made up of and includes Republican members, roughly half I am told, plus other Republicans who have access to the documentations in a greater number.

The ,"Dear Colleague" address is a general address, I presume Ms Pelosi would acknowledge a Republican member of the team as, "Dear Republican colleague" if any distinction is made.

As for the dossier, you will surely know it was a Republican who instigated the investigation in the first place, and I presume he wasn't coerced to hand over the documents, but did so willingly, so your right.

edit on 28-10-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: dfnj2015
Yep
Its a fine
Obama got one 600k
Its in no way a high crime
Lol
Nice try stupid dems

If Obama committed a crime I expect you Republicans NOT to be so incompetent and just sit back and let him get away with it. I don't want a dictatorship from either side of the aisle. Politicians MUST be held accountable to the law of the land.

Like Clinton was with all the chicom donations?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Your FEC violation that you keep posting, btw?

For over a month now. Cross posting into other threads too.For over a month now. Cross posting into other threads too.

"Your FEC violation that you keep posting, btw?"

Highlighting for Effect...

edit on 28-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Trump can't get impeached for the same actions the democrats undertook to prove Trump was 'corrupt'..
Trump is given more credit than he deserves. The dems never needed a fake dossier and everything they got caught doing.

As for the dossier, you will surely know it was a Republican who instigated the investigation in the first place, and I presume he wasn't coerced to hand over the documents, but did so willingly, so your right.

Are you speaking of McCain?
He was so entrenched in the Deep State only his eyeballs were sticking out.
He had as much to lose as the Dems if Trump was elected that he would help them with their fake, paid for by Hillary dossier.
Anyone that still believes in the dossier is so far gone, there is no hope of coming back to reality.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Nickn3
I’m a little lost, for what reason is the house trying to impeach the President? What law has he broken?

He stole the crown from Hillary.

At the end of the day, that is his crime.

But that’s not illegal, just good for the people of not only America, but the entire world.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I’m a little lost, for what reason is the house trying to impeach the President? What law has he broken?

The Law of Unintended Consequences. AKA they don’t like him.

Again, not illegal.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 (FECA, Pub.L. 92–225, 86 Stat. 3, enacted February 7, 1972, 52 U.S.C. § 30101 et seq.) is the primary United States federal law regulating political campaign spending and fundraising. The law originally focused on increased disclosure of contributions for federal campaigns.

"Today, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden. The allegations were first published in The Wall Street Journal, and subsequently President Trump admitted that during a July 25th phone call he pressured President Zelensky to pursue the investigation of his political rival and his son.

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election. Federal law also prohibits a person from soliciting or providing substantial assistance in the solicitation of such a contribution from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”"

DOJ & FEC Complaints Filed Against President Trump, Rudy Giuliani and Others for Illegal Solicitation of Contribution from Ukrainian President

Key Takeaways From Ambassador William Taylor's Explosive Testimony on Ukraine and Trump

"And holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was 'crazy' as I had said in my text message"

You can cover your ears and close you eyes and sing LA, LA, LA, LA and ignore what is happening. But the evidence is pretty clear Trump broke election laws with quid pro quo conversation. As soon as the evidence is collected and distributed the House will come to a vote on whether to impeach Trump. The problem is Trump admitted on national television not once but twice he broke the law as if it has no consequence.

So the question for you as a loyal Trump cultist are you going to put your country first by supporting the rule of law. Or are you going to put your party first and allow Trump to create a dictatorship that is above any laws? You don't have to answer. I'll just assume you prefer to scrap the Constitution and have dictatorship.

I’m not an attorney, but openly asking another leader to look into corruption does not appear to be a violation of the US law to me. Just a good idea.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Trump couldn't even pay a couple of whores hush money smartly.. And yeah his book on how to make a deal has 4 chapter 11s...

The dems cant look at themselves in the mirror and say we're better than Trump... They'll do whatever it takes to be appear holier than thou, even if it means being worse than thou 'really quickly and cuz its for the greater good'...

This impeachment ordeal is the only way they can beat trumps fund raising records; this impeachment twaddle is the perfect counter advertisement to the Trump marketing force he's about to unleash

All of this makes sense.

🤷‍♂️

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Obstruction of justice. Misuse of Presidential privilege. Attempts to disrupt the Constitutional balance of power

All of which are breaking his oath of office.

It is the people’s house. Let the people decide on Election Day.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is Pelosi and the Dems... they have to impeach him before they can determine what law he's broken.

Using the same logic as passing the affordable healthcare act, pass it so you can read it later?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

He stole the crown from Hillary.

At the end of the day, that is his crime.

But that’s not illegal, just good for the people of not only America, but the entire world.

Yes.

So he must be destroyed.

After all, if everyone was happy, employed and not at war where are the Democrats going to get victims that they can use to keep in office?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Pelosi's "fail-yours" are piling up high 😎

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The title still disappoints me because when I saw it I was expecting a collective “Dear John” letter to the House.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

""October 28, 2019
Dear Democratic Colleague,
For weeks, the President, his Counsel in the White House, and his allies in Congress have made the baseless claim that the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry "lacks the necessary authorization for a valid impeachment proceeding." They argue that, because the House has not taken a vote, they may simply pretend the impeachment inquiry does not exist.

Of course, this argument has no merit. The Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment." Multiple past impeachments have gone forward without any authorizing resolutions. Just last week, a federal court confirmed that the House is not required to hold a vote and that imposing such a requirement would be "an impermissible intrusion on the House's constitutional authority." More than 300 legal scholars have also refuted this argument, concluding that "the Constitution does not mandate the process for impeachment and there is no constitutional requirement that the House of Representatives authorize an impeachment inquiry before one begins."

The Trump Administration has made up this argument -- apparently out of whole cloth -- in order to justify its unprecedented cover-up, withhold key documents from multiple federal agencies, prevent critical witnesses from cooperating, and defy duly authorized subpoenas.

This week, we will bring a resolution to the Floor that affirms the ongoing, existing investigation that is currently being conducted by our committees as part of this impeachment inquiry, including all requests for documents, subpoenas for records and testimony, and any other investigative steps previously taken or to be taken as part of this investigation.

This resolution establishes the procedure for hearings that are open to the American people, authorizes the disclosure of deposition transcripts, outlines procedures to transfer evidence to the Judiciary Committee as it considers potential articles of impeachment, and sets forth due process rights for the President and his Counsel.

We are taking this step to eliminate any doubt as to whether the Trump Administration may withhold documents, prevent witness testimony, disregard duly authorized subpoenas, or continue obstructing the House of Representatives.

Nobody is above the law.

best regards,
Nancy""

Given all the hyperbole from the Republicans, I thought this part was interesting: "Just last week, a federal court confirmed that the House is not required to hold a vote and that imposing such a requirement would be "an impermissible intrusion on the House's constitutional authority." "

The resolution establishes the procedure for hearings that will be open to the American people. My favorite part of the letter is, "Nobody is above the law". The way I see it, either people are for the Constitution or they are for dictatorship. If Trump did not break any laws then let it come out in the hearings. Everyone gets due process. I think Speaker Pelosi is doing a good job handling this issue.

He won't be removed from office. You know it already but go ahead. Keep up the fake outrage like with Mulley's report. It went down a dead end and ran into a brick wall at 100 mph.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

The title still disappoints me because when I saw it I was expecting a collective “Dear John” letter to the House.

Dear Colleagues...

In regards to the impeachment thingey....

F### it, I'm out.

Signed, Nancy.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why would anyone listen to her?
She told us no vote was needed.
Now she wants a vote.

She is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Republicans hired Fusion GPS prior to Trump winning the nomination, at which point they stopped employing them. Fusion GPS then began shopping around for a new client. The DNC/Hillary campaign took them up on it. They gave the money to their attorneys, in an undisclosed transaction mind you, and their attorneys paid Fusion GPS. It was at this point that Fusion GPS hired Steele to compile the dossier, which he did by talking to russian intelligence officers and pulling info from cnn comment sections (look it up), among other equally ridiculous sources.
To say that republicans started the investigation may technically be true. The introduction of steele, russian intel and the dossier, however, is a product of Hillary and Fusion GPS's arrangement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join