It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying GIF's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
You can turn avatars off on the myATS settings section.

Not just avatars though, members also insert them into posts and it is very annoying, like someone trying o do mind control, if you look at them long enough

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No. I'm not bothered by it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Am I the only one here who finds those annoying flash 'gif's, well... annoying? Is there any way you could be so kind as to have the option to add gif's removed from the website completely or just to have them only for member's home pages?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here to find them very annoying on the eye and think they were invented to cause problem's relating to the brain and eyes!

If you don't want to remove them just because I want them removed, maybe we can take a vote on them in a thread?? A majority vote for or against wins and they are either removed or not.

Thanks very much in advance.

Are they ads or just random flashing gif's.

What do they look like?

Where are they in the page?

Some avatars are annoying and some are cool. Not as annoying as some of the words here on the site, for sure.

If you look on page 1, you'll find one flashing away

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Do you mean like my avatar OP ?

I don’t see what is so irritating about it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Actually, your one is alright, kind of less irritating and in your face!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Actually, your one is alright, kind of less irritating and in your face!

Depending on your browser, you can choose to block all images if you want to. Just look it up.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Am I the only one here who finds those annoying flash 'gif's, well... annoying? Is there any way you could be so kind as to have the option to add gif's removed from the website completely or just to have them only for member's home pages?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here to find them very annoying on the eye and think they were invented to cause problem's relating to the brain and eyes!

If you don't want to remove them just because I want them removed, maybe we can take a vote on them in a thread?? A majority vote for or against wins and they are either removed or not.

Thanks very much in advance.

This is a privately owned board, so no, moderation is not done by a poll or vote from members. If you have an issue with a flashing avatar use the alert or complaint feature to notify Staff of the issue. Some have been removed if they could cause issue's for some members, like in the case of epilepsy.

Staff actions are not discussed here on the open board. If you have an issue make sure and alert us via U2U or by alerting us with a complaint.

No Mini Profile Background should ever be animated and the combined size of the Avatar and the Mini Profile Background may not exceed 150k.

Please Review

Question answered, thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join