It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU, Germany welcome 'continuity' on climate change with Liberal minority win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here we go again and of course the EU and leftist German would welcome the Canadian's election with Liberal minority win manily on the reasons of yes climate change...

EU, Germany welcome 'continuity' on climate change with Liberal minority win

The European Union and Germany say they appreciate the “continuity” in Canadian climate change policy that will result from the federal election result.

The Liberals won a minority mandate in Monday's vote after a campaign that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau framed as a fight over protecting the planet from the existential threat of climate change.

Trudeau portrayed his Conservative opponent Andrew Scheer as a climate change laggard

Once again even after the Liberal minority win leftists are going insane with their climate change narrative agenda. Dispute the fact that the only thing that the liberals in Canada and in Europe had done had being pushing Carbon taxes which have shown not to have an impact on reduction of fossil fuel consumption.

What them Carbon taxes do though is that they make life more difficult for the average normal person.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

...What them Carbon taxes do though is that they make life more difficult for the average normal person.

All a part of their big plan - Agenda 21: To eliminate private vehicle ownership.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I, too, like to have a planet with livable conditions. Like clean water, air, soils etc.

But you do your stuff. USofA is well known to be stubbornly stupid on Rolling Coal or whatever. *shrugs*

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I, too, like to have a planet with livable conditions. Like clean water, air, soils etc.

The irony of you posting your comment from an environmentally harmful device that was probably produced in China is too funny.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

www.dw.com...

EU takes Germany to court over air pollution

Germany and five other EU countries are facing fines for breaking the law on air pollution. The European Commission is taking them to court — which could get expensive.

Pot, meet Kettle.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But you do your stuff. USofA is well known to be stubbornly stupid on Rolling Coal or whatever. *shrugs*

Well if you like the outdoors, have you tried living off the grid? you know some of those climate change activists are actually hypocrites.

If you ask them about living off the grid with the nature in the wilds, they wont have a say or answer. Living off the grid is exactly what it sounds.

You live in nature without any modern day devices. Just off the gird.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And of Germany's increased imports of coal (from the USA among other countries) in the last few years? Is that supposed to be a smart way to do policy?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Lol
As europe pushed diesel vehicles the US was pushing hybrids and EV'S.

Thick is the Irony with this one...yes.

a reply to: ManFromEurope

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

...What them Carbon taxes do though is that they make life more difficult for the average normal person.

All a part of their big plan - Agenda 21: To eliminate private vehicle ownership.

The West is just too damn rich and affluent for the rest of the world. Rather than lifting up the rest, the EU's solution is to just make the West as Impoverished as the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

the EU and leftist German would welcome the Canadian's election with Liberal minority win manily on the reasons of yes climate change...

Does not matter

Please show me the small hand full of leftists in German parliament and Bundestag that influence here. We just discarded the 130km speed limit in favor of driving fast and "against the climate change", lately.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Hey Oleandra88!

What is your view of the election results in Thüringen? Will Merkel have to adjust or can she more or less ignore that election?

Danke!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Hey F2d5thCavv2,

I need to admit, have not yet looked at all the results and just got it from third sources. Current, my impression is that I am surprised by the LINKE party that they have such good results. The demographic is most old folks around 60+.

A radio moderator made a joke that they are so old they still remember Adolf and this is why they voted left. But as you know maybe, the AFD party came in second.

This could mean that most of the youth choose AFD, or the other way around, I did not look at the numbers. I was not really interested about it yet, I am honest.

I do not think she can allow herself to ignore anything anymore. She should not have in the first place. I am not her biggest fan, obviously. I was raised to question things and her questionable acts are what makes me suspicious of her. I inherited a book that is written by her, I just did not have the time to read it yet.

Know your "enemy". I was not that interested in politics when I was in my teenage age. Now I follow it more closer. What I want to say with it that I only really active looked into politics during her reign. I mean I lack compare possibilities and I am aware of it.

I know about the other governments before, I did follow politics but lacked oversight and interest.

Hope I could answer your questions

ciao

edit on 28-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They cut a lot of Lumber in Canada and export it all over the place. Cutting trees is bad for the world at the scale they are cutting them, it will increase CO2 in the air. So is Trudeau going to cut back on cutting vast forests and lower income coming in to the country from wood sales? Hell no, it is business as usual, maybe European countries will start buying more wood since they are boosting support for the climate agenda.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thank you Oleandra88!

Your view is "local" and therefore worth its weight in gold. Very interesting about the generation gap affecting party allegiances.

I hear you about Merkel. Maybe someday we can start a thread about her political career.

Cheers and schöne Abend

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is always a pleasure to talk to you
But please do not overrate my view, it is just one, very local view.

What do you think, will Merkel step down or do the Misstrauensvotum thing? They did it with Gerhard Schröder.
edit on 28-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yet strangely, it is a fact that every legal and illegal migrant who comes to Europe, or other northern regions requires heating in winter, or they will freeze to death.

And so far that heating is still largely fossil fuel and carbon emission based.

If these leftists were really concerned about the environment instead of being "watermelons" (green on the outside, but Marxist imperialists on the inside), they would encourage migration the other way - from Northern countries to the equator and other hot regions with negligible winters.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Heh heh. A promise to step down in, what, 2021? But she has already hesitated, stating she is disappointed in her supposed successor, Frau AKK.

Okay, I am an Auslander and don't pretend to understand German preferences regarding their political structure. But this long period of Merkel in office, as well as her tendency to ruin the careers of anyone who might be a rival for her, makes me wonder this --

Is anyone (in power) in Germany discussing a limitation on how many terms a person can hold the office of Chancellor?

Hey, don't downplay the value of your views. About topics German ... you rock!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Nobody says Ausländer (foreigner) here anymore. Because you are Ausländerfeindlich (hostile against foreigners) then.

What you observe about ruining rivals careers, even the ones in the same boat that could become dangerous to her, you are spot on with it.

Combine it with the non exist limitation of how many terms she can run, you are really poking in the dirt here...

Where are you from, if I may ask? I noticed your interest in German politics, it is where we meet most of the time on ATS.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am somewhat hopefully that the Youth of Germany would hopefully chose AFD in the near future, CDU and leftists in Germany have being a disaster for its people.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Oleandra88, PM for you.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join