It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The problem though is that you say this is just up for discussion but act like someone’s just killed your puppy whenever it’s pointed out that TDS has zero evidence to support its existence

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Did you read the OP or the title?

Did you see where I said I wasn’t qualified to diagnose or did you notice the question mark In the title ?

You do realize your statement wasn’t original it’s probably the sixth or seventh time I’ve heard it . (Yawn)

Now bring something to the table besides the same old disruption half the people have .

Edit;

This is from my OP that apparently nobody read .

I’m not gonna pretend to be able to diagnose psychological conditions. I just found this and wanted to throw it out on the table for discussion. Embitterment sure seems to fit the billing against Trump.

I specifically said I wasn’t qualified to diagnose anything. I also made it clear that I was throwing this out on the table for discussion .

If you don’t agree with the OP discredit it instead of more whataboutism.

Hahaha.... let me get this straight. You said you weren't going to pretend to diagnose psychological conditions yet in the very same paragraph you did just that. Diagnosed everyone who's mad about Trump with Embitterment.

I’m not gonna pretend to be able to diagnose psychological conditions. I just found this and wanted to throw it out on the table for discussion. Embitterment sure seems to fit the billing against Trump.

Did you read your own OP? lol...

And I did bring something to the table. Have you actually read what mental health professionals have said about Trump? Maybe that's why people are angry about him and not your theory of "Embitterment". Too effin funny man... and now you're bent out of shape because "whataboutisms".

Nah... you're just looking for some validation for your love of Trump by diagnosing everyone who opposes him with a mental disorder.... nice try bud. It's called confirmation bias.... Trump supporters and flat earthers...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Tds is right wing propaganda. Period.

You fell for it.

It's propaganda created to manipulate the right into seeing their fellow americans as less then they themselves are.
Making it easier to disregard how the left feel.

Hillary tried to do it when she called trump supporters deplorable. She was for the most part unsuccessful.
Whoever came up with the tds propaganda is just better at it then hillary was.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That’s nice but we aren’t talking about TDS the subject is post traumatic embitterment disorder.

Now do you want to get on topic ?

Or are you going to go for six more pages of whataboutism ?

The fear you show running away from my position in the OP.

Shows that you are terrified of engagement because have absolutely no defense . ( I win )

It makes me sad how unsure you are of your abilities .

Maybe you could call somebody you know and ask their opinion then pretend it’s your’s .

Hmmmmm?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That’s nice but we aren’t talking about TDS the subject is post traumatic embitterment disorder.

Shows that you are terrified of engagement because have absolutely no defense . ( I win )

Maybe you could call somebody you know and ask their opinion then pretend it’s your’s .

Hmmmmm?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hmmmmm?

So now this thread has degraded into personal attacks on members who disagree with your OP or take exception to your diagnosis....

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

errr....did you misread your own title "TDS is it a condition?"

Its the question at the very heart of your OP, I am anwaring it simply, in the absence of scientific proof we can only deduce that it does not exist.

Honestly that entire post, dude, chill, its like you've totally freaked out, forgetting what your own OP is about, claiming I am being off topic when I have been discussing nothing but TDS the claiming that I am using "whataboutism" before finally pretending that I am "terrified" of something.

Its like you have literally swallowed the entire online rage manual and regurgitated it.

if it wasn't so funny I wouldn't have replied.

Sad day when you basically wilfully ignore your own title
edit on 28-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You do know you’re in the mud pit don’t you ? 🤦‍♂️

It would help if you guys got on topic and quit trying to annoy me by repeating the same thing over and over and over .

Will you address the topic or are you are you going to continue with your whataboutism because you don’t have a leg to stand on ?

Post traumatic embitterment disorder

Sooooo back to the OP which nobody has addressed in the last 7 pages .

Which of these causes/symptoms don’t apply to the rage on the left.

Don’t say there is no rage to continue your circular argument fallacy.

Discredit my position.

I bet you can’t.

(1) a single exceptional negative life event precipitates the onset of the illness;

Trumps election

(2) the present negative state developped in the direct context of this event;

Deep resentment and anger over trumps election

3) the emotional response is embitterment and feelings of injustice;

Resentment is so deep it’s been held onto for three years

(4) repeated intrusive memories of the event;

Nazi, racist, xenophobia, misogynist, white supremacist , he made fun of a disabled reporter, he called all Mexicans rapists and murderers, grab them by the pu**y .....etc

(5) emotional modulation is unimpaired, patients can even smile when engaged in thoughts of revenge, and

^^^^ I want to see if you even know what that means .

6) no obvious other mental disorder that can explain the reaction.

You guys of all said it’s definitely not TDS . (Thanks for giving me that )

Additional symptoms are feelings of helplessness, self-blame, rejection of help, suicidal ideation, dysphoria, aggression, down-heartedness, seemingly melancholic depression, unspecific somatic complaints, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, pain, phobic symptoms in respect to the place or to persons related to the event, reduced drive. Duration is longer than 3 months. Performance in daily activities and roles is impaired.

Take your pick .

Now I brought evidence to the table. To refute these bring a source or you’re not worth my time .

Your turn

Go......

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I knew you weren’t up to the task . 😂

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I knew you weren’t up to the task . 😂

What task!

Let me try to make this simple and try to steer this conversation to a more civil and on topic discussion. A few questions if you would be so kind as to answer them without claiming I am "terrified" or being "off-topic"

1. Do you believe that TDS exists.

2.if so, what proof do you have of its existence.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You do know you’re in the mud pit don’t you ? 🤦‍♂️

It would help if you guys got on topic and quit trying to annoy me by repeating the same thing over and over and over .

Will you address the topic or are you are you going to continue with your whataboutism because you don’t have a leg to stand on ?

Discredit my position.

I bet you can’t.

(1) a single exceptional negative life event precipitates the onset of the illness;

Trumps election

Nazi, racist, xenophobia, misogynist, white supremacist , he made fun of a disabled reporter, he called all Mexicans rapists and murderers, grab them by the pu**y .....etc

(5) emotional modulation is unimpaired, patients can even smile when engaged in thoughts of revenge, and

Additional symptoms are feelings of helplessness, self-blame, rejection of help, suicidal ideation, dysphoria, aggression, down-heartedness, seemingly melancholic depression, unspecific somatic complaints, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, pain, phobic symptoms in respect to the place or to persons related to the event, reduced drive. Duration is longer than 3 months. Performance in daily activities and roles is impaired.

Take your pick .

Now I brought evidence to the table. To refute these bring a source or you’re not worth my time .

Your turn

Go......

Oh man... that's too funny.

Tell you what... I declare you the "winner" here's your participation trophy and I'll even star your last post. All better skippy?

This isn't my career so it's time to fight the traffic.... BTW... I have three legs to stand on....

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This task

Discredit my position.

I bet you can’t.

Trumps election

Take your pick .

Your turn

Go......

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I know what you're trying to say, your trying to say that PTED is actually TDS but that makes all kinds of crazy assumptions that means it jus doesn't work.

Because all you're really doing is now accusing people of having PTED because of Trumps elections which comes back to the problematic question of what qualifies you to say that anyone who is pissed at Daddy Trump has PTED/TDS.

Now you can pretend all you want but the title is TDS is it a Condion? thats set to topic, this thread is about TDS, if you want to make it about PTED then I think you need to go write another thread. Sometimes dude, its just that you don't articulate the argument very well that leads to frustration on both sides, if this really is a thread about PTED then you have failed to make that clear in my view and I think the view of a few others.

Honestly if you made a thread called "is PTED the same as TDS" then this becomes a totally different conversation.

With that said I would also appreciate it if you would stop with these stupid accusations of "whataboutism" just because your clearly struggling to argue against me and others who are calling you out on what is, I am afraid, a BS thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes, it looks like people are competing for what reality means. I guess lies don't matter.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No I’m saying the left suffers from these symptoms.

Can you refute them ?

Discredit my position.

I bet you can’t.

Trumps election

Take your pick .

Your turn

Go......

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Dude, you're being lazy now, copy pasting your previous replies rather than addressing the points I am making

You said....

No I’m saying the left suffers from these symptoms.

So what your saying is that "the left" suffer from those symptoms of PTED, says who?

I regard myself as politically left, let me tell you right now, Trumps election for me was in no way a "exceptional negative life event"

What qualifies you to say that "the left" (which implies all of us) are suffering form this, sure you might find one or two folks for whom this applies but for the most part its just pissed of people talking politics, its not because they have PTED.

This is the problem with so many of hte arguments I see from the Right, you talk about "the left" like its one collective hive mind, that the videos of morons screaming at the sky represent that entire hive.

now I have been answering your questions please answer me this:

If this thread is about PTED then why is TDS in the title?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You’ve been repeating yourself for seven or eight pages and I’m being lazy ?

Just want to make sure I get the record straight here .

Your claim is there is no type of malady affecting a percentage of the left. That the current environment is the normal reaction to an election .

You also claim that there has been no psychiatric studies on TDS , TAD or any negative emotional/traumatic event that is out of the ordinary .

Correct ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Your claim is there is no type of malady affecting a percentage of the left. That the current environment is the normal reaction to an election .

At last not one that is as a result of the election of Trump. I do not think that the reaction of Trump opponents is normal I think it is the result of a unique political climate however and not mental illness.

You also claim that there has been no psychiatric studies on TDS , TAD or any negative emotional/traumatic event that is out of the ordinary .

I am claiming that there is zero evidence to prove the existence of TDS.

Now I asked you a question and you refused to answer it so am going to ask again.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
TDS does exist, and it's a symptom of a larger problem.

Republican derrangement Syndrome that is self inflicted by learning disabled persons.

Who want 'science' to disprove their political opinions.

In a nutshell in the WORLD of American politics.

Forget truth.

Forget facts.

Because ALL warfare is based on deception. A guy named Tsun Tzu said that.

Truth and FACT are the very first casualties of that war that began over 200 years ago, and really took a hit when Trump HATERS lost that war back in 2016.

And piled on the STUPID ever since.
edit on 28-10-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

At last not one that is as a result of the election of Trump. I do not think that the reaction of Trump opponents is normal I think it is the result of a unique political climate however and not mental illness.

Now I asked you a question and you refused to answer it so am going to ask again.

“ zero evidence “

Nope

This is from Pacific standard a left-leaning psychiatric source . This article cites multiple studies from reputable sources like . The American psychological Association , The New England Journal of Medicine and other clinical psychiatrist .

They even understand the mechanism which is elevated levels of adrenaline and cortisol . They affect the prefrontal cortex . Which is responsible for planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behaviour.

Here you go a small quote from the article pay attention to the bold .

And this stress has metastasized in an observable phenomenon: Clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning characterized the phenomenon as "Trump Anxiety Disorder," a specific type of anxiety in which symptoms "were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate." Others on the right side of the ideological spectrum have classified this anxiety as "Trump Derangement Syndrome," a label that the president himself embraced:

Nope and nope .

Source

Why do you keep saying zero evidence when there’s evidence ?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join