It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Which of these causes:symptoms can you apply to the left and which of them can you apply to the right .

In general, and in more normal political times, I would say both factions ... but said behavior was far less common then, than it is now. I've seen conservatives do the 0 to 100 thing as well ... but they were few and far between, and not the ones who got listened to by others. People who calmly argued their points usually got a lot further with their listeners.

But the 2016 election was different. By establishing the notion of a "resistance", the Dem leadership sent an unmistakable signal to their followers: scorched earth and no quarter. This was in blinding contrast to the usual path in American politics; the one in which the defeated party became the loyal opposition who organized for the next election in which they expected to return to power.

The hyper-emotional behavior now seen may not be fully a product of the policy of the Dems, but was likely stimulated to greater expression because of it.

Cheers

edit on 28-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: +

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Am I starring replies now? Sounds paranoid af, you seem to need a little therapy as well. The doctor is here now, relax!

have at it, the only way is sideways from here. I can't provide more than I have, and you refuse to listen.

Sideways would be fun, but you guys can't even be bothered to double-check your myths. What exactly was it that you provided? More anecdotal evidence from your ... errr... "studies"?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
TDS is REEEEEEEEEEEEEal.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

BUT! You've gotta scream into the sky for the data to materialize, not at your flatscreens.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder didn't exist until such time as the Medical Community decided to recognize a certain group of behaviours and name it. Those behaviors certainly manifested and were recognized as irrational long before the name however. Some behaviours alone could fall under multiple diagnoses.

Yes, TDS isn't a medical diagnoses but that doesn't mean that certain behaviors assigned to the label don't exist.

Look around. Are you saying there are not some people behaving irrationally and out of character while admitting it is all because Trump is President and others voted for him?

I don't believe TDS is a specific mental illness but the Trump election has certainly brought out some strange behaviors. This isn't me diagnosing; this is the very people doing it using Trump as the reason. Add social media, MSM and the wide acceptance of doing things in the name of being Anti-Trump, and it has led to some very irrational behavior.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Sounds like you share the same sort of hatred as those you constantly complain about. See how easy it was for the media and their sprawling network of connections to sow hate among the people? Their intentional bias against Trump played some impressive reverse psychology on certain people.
edit on 10/28/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I didn’t think about resist fanning the flames that’s a good point .

For me the marker that identified a possible connection between PTED and the hysteria .

Was the first point which is the trigger for the entire syndrome and there could be no doubt what it is .

(1) a single exceptional negative life event precipitates the onset of the illness;

^^^^ that’s what set the whole thing off and every other symptom falls in line .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I don't believe TDS is a specific mental illness but the Trump election has certainly brought out some strange behaviors. This isn't me diagnosing; this is the very people doing it using Trump as the reason. Add social media, MSM and the wide acceptance of doing things in the name of being Anti-Trump, and it has led to some very irrational behavior.

Do you see the cult like behavior of trump supporters as "irrational behavior"? Almost a religious fervor for a political figure?

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 28-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Irrational behavior is irrational behavior regardless of the supposed reason behind it.

This thread wasn't about Trump worship however.

I do believe the Anti-Trump irrational behavior is leading to more blind Trump-worship.

Heck, Trump is speaking in Chicago right now whipping up the worshippers by reminding everyone Smollett used Trump Country as his excuse.

Everyone needs to dial back the group think IMO.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I guess I'll say it again.

If it is a thing..clearly both sides suffer, one side see's nothing ever wrong, he is in fact appointed by god!

The other side see's every little thing wrong!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

This thread wasn't about Trump worship however.

Why not? worshipping any politician seems like a mental illness/obsession.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do you see the cult like behavior of trump supporters as "irrational behavior"? Almost a religious fervor for a political figure?

Do you see the cult of behavior when one feverishly worships "The Guardian" ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If the cease-fire in Syria holds for the next month.

Are you going to honor the conditions of our bet?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well i hate to tell you but it is real its called “Trump Anxiety Disorder” (TAD).

TAD pathology was first described in a report last year from psychiatrists at Harvard Medical School and Yale School of Medicine, in which Jennifer Panning distinguished between general anxiety disorders and TAD because “symptoms were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate.”

Liberals tend to be dependents while conservatives tend to be self-reliant. Meaning leftists tend to be far more insecure than conservatives, and thus, when constantly infused with Leftmedia negatives, act out. We see it all the time i was watching the world series and people felt it was an appropriate time to act out.

According to therapist Elisabeth LaMotte of the Washington, DC-based Counseling and Psychotherapy Center, says that among her clients there is a “collective anxiety” that has been elevating since Trump’s election. According to LaMotte, “There is a fear of the world ending. It’s very disorienting and constantly unsettling.”

So what we see is people acting out do to anxiety caused by Trump being president. And now on a personal note i also had it and had to take a break from politics. I was angry all the time i didnt act out other than some very heated arguments.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

After I made the thread I read about that. There are other terms besides TDS Trump hypertensity unexplained disorder for one. Other studies have linked it to PTSD.

The New England Journal of Medicine has documented elevated cortisol levels which effect’s the prefrontal cortex . One paper summed that up eloquently as “the area of the brain that keeps you from doing stupid stuff “. Lol

The prefrontal cortex (PFC) is the cerebral cortex covering the front part of the frontal lobe. This brain region has been implicated in planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behaviour. The basic activity of this brain region is considered to be orchestration of thoughts and actions in accordance with internal goals. The most typical psychological term for functions carried out by the prefrontal cortex area is executive function. Executive function relates to abilities to differentiate among conflicting thoughts, determine good and bad, better and best, same and different, future consequences of current activities, working toward a defined goal, prediction of outcomes, expectation based on actions, and social “control” (the ability to suppress urges that, if not suppressed, could lead to socially unacceptable outcomes). The frontal cortex supports concrete rule learning, while more anterior regions along the rostro-caudal axis of the frontal cortex support rule learning at higher levels of abstraction. (adapted from Wikipedia – see below for a more complete explanation

Link

Regardless of the name every diagnosis is based on mental trauma .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'd love to read the study ... do you have a link?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'd love to read the study ... do you have a link?

I read about it from a book. In the book it explained anxiety and also went in to Trump tendency to abuse others.

books.google.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I liked some earlier you must’ve skipped over them .

Here’s a good article from a social justice warrior magazine that hates Trump. It includes Links to everything they say.

Link

The best article isn’t allowed to be shared third-party. Google “this is your brain on Trump”.

If you’re really want to look into it. Search for Trump derangement syndrome “studies” or trump anxiety syndrome “studies” .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh this is beautiful. Armchair shrinks diagnosing over half the country with a clinical condition because... "I read an article" Sort of typical for the ATS echo chamber. Have you tried diagnosing Trump's disorder? No? You can start with pathological liar and just go up from there... or rather, down.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Did you read the OP or the title?

Did you see where I said I wasn’t qualified to diagnose or did you notice the question mark In the title ?

You do realize your statement wasn’t original it’s probably the sixth or seventh time I’ve heard it . (Yawn)

Now bring something to the table besides the same old disruption half the people have .

Edit;

This is from my OP that apparently nobody read .

I’m not gonna pretend to be able to diagnose psychological conditions. I just found this and wanted to throw it out on the table for discussion. Embitterment sure seems to fit the billing against Trump.

I specifically said I wasn’t qualified to diagnose anything. I also made it clear that I was throwing this out on the table for discussion .

If you don’t agree with the OP discredit it instead of more whataboutism.
edit on 28-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join