It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: gallop

For this guy to completely deny TDS over it not being a diagnosis, is utterly disingenuous.

No. That's just silly you and your labels.

Nope.. TDS is a thing. you know it, or you're lying. There are people so legitimtely opposed to trump that all sense of rational goes out the window. And not just in a simple way.. in violent and absolute ways.

Some people on the left are far far worse than the most extreme right wing nutjobs.

But I guess you disagree, and they're both the same. Except... well.. the world.

He either knows there is an issue, and ignores it, or .. is a liar.

Yeah. Except that he disputes the claim from the OP with facts, or with a lack of facts to be more precise. And people screaming "liar!" over a rather objective conclusion are obviously full of crap.

Facts?? Repeating ad nauseum "Show me where it's listed!!!!!! Or I am right and there is no such thing." is a fact?

All the while ignoring everything that shows there is a complete mind bending difference between people merely criticising Trump, and those who appear to have developed - or succumbed to - an obvious inability to exist within modern society? Cannot speak a single sentence without glazing over and closing off, are inept enough to attend rallies yet incapable of uttering a coherent sentence? Who prefer violence over discussion? Who would hound every day people for nothing more than appearance? Sounds awfully like they have something wrong upstairs, but hey, lets ignore that and refer to a book for evidence.

Give me strength.

Oh, the arrogance!

What did you say? Those evil libturds stole the brand new TDS shovel you used to hit other kids on the head with? It was such a fine tool for quick adhoms, wasn't it?

I simply have no idea what the hell you're saying there. I said? Best left at that, since you're obviously losing your mind.

*woo loo loo*

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Most lucid reply yet!!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

He’s not being disingenuous he’s being an a-hole. Lol

He knows there is a underlying problem .

He just keeps repeating the same position over and over. While ignoring everything else .

Childish and unimaginative .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Or included in another diagnosis.

If I were to take a WAG, it would be that such a case will eventually hold for TDS.

So, to get this out of the way: everyone who doesn't like Trump is not emotionally unstable; I get that. Honestly don't care who likes him and who does not. Every political personality has their fans and those who dislike them.

But the behavior of people who go from 0 to 100 in a second because of a Trump-related trigger ... that is something else, and it is not normal expression of emotion.

It would be easy to throw out some ideas on the specifics of this dysfunction, but it would serve no purpose as I am in no way a medical professional. That said, however, I can certainly spot instances of behavior that are abnormal and dysfunctional.

Cheers

And, to Fallingdown for having the willingness to open this discussion and weather the projectiles of discontent ...

Exactly. It doesn't need to be documented, we're documenting it as we speak. This 0 to 100 in a nanosecond is the reason it's noticed.

And those arguing till they're blue in the face, KNOW IT.

Why they argue it, is beyond me... I can only surmise that they don't want to admit it... which is a shame, because it's not even really a topic for discussion as to it's reality, more why it's a thing at all...

eh...

it's just scary that it spreads so much and so fast.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are 2 kinds of TDS!! The cult hive mind where the leader is the "chosen one" and cannot be questioned and will defend him even when he plays the fool.

and the TDS type that see's ole bonespurs as the devil incarnate.

edit on 28-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

He’s not being disingenuous he’s being an a-hole. Lol

He knows there is a underlying problem .

He just keeps repeating the same position over and over. While ignoring everything else .

Childish and unimaginative .

Well, it was my polite way of saying it.

Like I have said, they know it... or they're liars. Can't be both.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why they argue it, is beyond me... I can only surmise that they don't want to admit it... which is a shame, because it's not even really a topic for discussion as to it's reality, more why it's a thing at all...

And yet here you are doing exactly that, discussing the topic...see the irony?

two sides of the same coin...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And yet here you are doing exactly that, discussing the topic...see the irony?

No, I'm reiterating the point. They're the ones arguing the facts.

So... should we just shut up and let the TDS folk get on with making everything a sad place?

Not me... where they REEEEEEEE I will say.. No.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

OK back to the OP which nobody has addressed in the last five pages . 😁

Which of these causes:symptoms can you apply to the left and which of them can you apply to the right .

(1) a single exceptional negative life event precipitates the onset of the illness;

(2) the present negative state developped in the direct context of this event;

3) the emotional response is embitterment and feelings of injustice;

(4) repeated intrusive memories of the event;

(5) emotional modulation is unimpaired, patients can even smile when engaged in thoughts of revenge, and

6) no obvious other mental disorder that can explain the reaction.

Additional symptoms are feelings of helplessness, self-blame, rejection of help, suicidal ideation, dysphoria, aggression, down-heartedness, seemingly melancholic depression, unspecific somatic complaints, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, pain, phobic symptoms in respect to the place or to persons related to the event, reduced drive. Duration is longer than 3 months. Performance in daily activities and roles is impaired.

edit on 28-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

But you're probably a little bit right.. I am arguing..

And as such, as I already said, time to evict myself of such things, there is a wide world of things out there, like ... stuff and things... and I'd be better to go listen to some .. things.. or such.

adieu, mon fatale.. tu n'étais pas mon amour...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Why are we talking about TDS ?

My point was that it was post traumatic embitterment disorder . Lol

Takes the tool from the prevailing counter narrative . 😁

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Do you see the compulsion to protect trump at all costs a "TDS" ? It's just another form of RREEEEEEEEEEE!

TDS isn't a recognized psychological disorder but Obsessive/Compulsive is.

link   

The subject is PTED.

Take the test .

link   

I simply have no idea what the hell you're saying there.

Mental health student,

your empathy is lacking. Which is why I'd wager you do something with finances now. Or something with financing political campaigns maybe? Hillaryous!

However. Where is your actual science on TDS then, hidden in some alt-universe where nobody could find it?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The subject is PTED.

Take the test .

I did! The results are that I'm a stable genius.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude its a really simple concept.

If you want to have a discussion about the existence of TDS then show me some scientific studies that demonstrate its existence then we can have a discussion about it.

How can we even pretend to have a meaningful discussion about something that you can't even demonstrate exists.

So put up or shut-up, show me actual evidence TDS exists.

It says more about the mental faculties of people who think a Hannity talking point is an actual medical diagnosis than it does the people they try to insult in such a lame way.

All they're doing is telling on themselves.

link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I simply have no idea what the hell you're saying there.

Mental health student,

your empathy is lacking. Which is why I'd wager you do something with finances now. Or something with financing political campaigns maybe? Hillaryous!

However. Where is your actual science on TDS then, hidden in some alt-universe where nobody could find it?

Finances? If you want to go mad, then yes. Short pay, arguments, go for it.

Let me ask you the same I did of OSOTC.

.. no lets not.. waste of time, you're the one who starred his reply. You think not answering is an answer. And then asking your own questions over it, is valid. *sigh*

have at it, the only way is sideways from here. I can't provide more than I have, and you refuse to listen. And if saying that people have become deranged over Trump, and it's not isolated, does not help you... you're a liar..

/fin

Sorry for taking your thread in a bung way, Fallingdown.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Are you afraid to address the OP ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Don’t worry about it.

I’m gonna try for one page to bring this mess back on topic.

So far that’s been about as productive as trying to poke a cat out from under a car with a rope .

I find it telling that no one will address premise of the OP .

I’m beginning to take it as confirmation on my position .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Are you afraid to address the OP ?

No not at all...I think you should write a "pape"

What do you guys think should I write a pape

Yes write a paper and submit it for peer review here....www.questia.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join