It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

ahhh that old stupid argument of "just because the proof doesn't exist doesn't mean it won't one day exist"

Fine in that case I am telepathic, the scientific evidence for this does not yet exist but one day it might so its still a fact.

Honestly its rubbish like this really makes me question the educational level of some posters. Do you have any idea how this works, if you're going to claim something exists as a fact then you need to show some evidence to prove its existence. Saying the evidence doesn't exist now but one day it might its such a stupid argument I can't even believe I need to rebuke you.

edit on 28-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I think that reply was actually meant to be mine. Thanks.

Also, your Team Trumpet Support said you can be bruised but will remain unbeaten by this increasingly arrogant hunt for fallacies. You've got to be strong now... they are wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

From the murky waters where such symptoms lay.. the problems seem so far away.

You need to open your eyes a bit more. What you don't see, will give you something to think about, when you see it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Dude its a really simple concept.

If you want to have a discussion about the existence of TDS then show me some scientific studies that demonstrate its existence then we can have a discussion about it.

How can we even pretend to have a meaningful discussion about something that you can't even demonstrate exists.

So put up or shut-up, show me actual evidence TDS exists.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

This is from my psychology today article. Actually they have a term on how to refer to things like this .

That said, medical anthropologists and critical sociologists have convincingly argued that DSM-5 is a flawed document. Indeed, social scientists have long recognized that there are numerous "folk categories" of mental disorders that are considered real conditions by the general public, even though they are not recognized as such in the DSM. These include categories such as "burnout" or "nervous breakdown."

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Can I ask you a simple question.

You see left wing, anti-Trump protests.
You see right wing, pro-Trump protests.

Do you see a difference? in large?

yay or nay.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Weak. Absolutely weak.

Do you see a difference between the two sides, in how 'deranged' people are, yes or no.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

This is from my psychology today article. Actually they have a term on how to refer to things like this .

That said, medical anthropologists and critical sociologists have convincingly argued that DSM-5 is a flawed document. Indeed, social scientists have long recognized that there are numerous "folk categories" of mental disorders that are considered real conditions by the general public, even though they are not recognized as such in the DSM. These include categories such as "burnout" or "nervous breakdown."

That is true. When I studied mental health, even then it was considered as a changing diagnosis book. What wasn't there yesterday is there today, what was there, is gone. Or included in another diagnosis.

I don't really trust the DSM-IV to be a book that can entertain the entire pathological entirety of human behaviour. It's a guide, at best. Updated all the time. Everything has a scale.

For this guy to completely deny TDS over it not being a diagnosis, is utterly disingenuous.

He either knows there is an issue, and ignores it, or .. is a liar.

edit on 28-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Am going to ask you two questions am going to make them very clear and I would like an actual answer.

1. Do you believe that Trump Derangement Syndrome is a actual mental illness, yes or no?

2. If yes can you prove this to be a fact by showing me a peer reviewed study in a reputable journal that supports your assertion.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

ahhh that old stupid argument of "just because the proof doesn't exist doesn't mean it won't one day exist"

So instead of acknowledging that there is a lag between the emergence of new forms of mental illness and the documentation of such by the medical profession, you immediately resort to mockery and insult, even though you don't know me from Adam.

Have you any idea of how that makes YOU look?

Not to mention that I stated one might argue for or against the existence of TDS -- was it REALLY so very hard to read the full content of my comment and give a measured reply?

Come on, Briton. Try once more and try harder.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OtherSideOfTheCoin, these are your people you defend.

TDS all the way. deranged. sick. mentally unwell. And not a single shred of trying to criticise anything.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Am going to ask you two questions am going to make them very clear and I would like an actual answer.

1. Do you believe that Trump Derangement Syndrome is a actual mental illness, yes or no?

2. If yes can you prove this to be a fact by showing me a peer reviewed study in a reputable journal that supports your assertion.

Not how it works, son.

I said

Can I ask you a simple question.

You see left wing, anti-Trump protests.
You see right wing, pro-Trump protests.

Do you see a difference? in large?

yay or nay.

If your only answer is to ignore it and try to parrot your way out, it says it all.

Can you even legitimately answer a question put to you? Or is it too hard?

Don't bother, I know the answer... it's REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I’ll tell you what I want to end this discussion . I was wrong I shouldn’t have generalized . Can we move on now ?

Absolutely, and I wasn't trying to dunk on you... To be honest, I actually agree that there is a portion of America that struggles with their emotional intelligence, and this is a problem for our political system. I just think if we're seeking honest discussion at the scope of the problem, and how we can address it, we shouldn't use language that starts the debate off by ruffling their feathers.

Of course both sides have nuts. But the quantity on the left far out numbers our idiots .

Here I can agree with you given the time. The right has power, so less feel a need to do anything stupid. Society gives the left more leeway, and they get away with more of their antics under the false pretense of morality of sorts.

Do you have pictures of conservative actors holding up Hillary‘s decapitated head ? While people cheered .

Going back to the above, you see less of it because the right is in power. When Obama was president, we didn't see as much (IMO) blatant political disruptions in society. But that doesn't mean there weren't memes of him with a noose, or shooting range targets sold with his image.

The problem is the loonier ones are the ones who define the discussion, people focus on that too much, and use them to paint everyone else with the same stroke.

Most people were moderate in their criticism of Obama, like my self. I left it at words and facts, and still maintain he was the worst president in my lifetime. Many of the same reasons I disliked him are carrying over for my view on the Trump admin.

Have psychiatrist started to recognize the disorder on the left ?

I take medical opinions with a grain of salt if they're not peer reviewed and studied. Though it would be my personal opinion that a measurable amount of Americans are letting politics effect their day to day life, and in this moment of time would be more on the left due to the right having power... That doesn't mean the right is absolved or have the same problems, they just don't feel the need to lash out in the current moment.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Who even starred his side stepping bollocks.. lmfao.

Another bike lock wielder, I bet... hahaha

I'm out, this is sick. I do not wish to know the depravity of your ilk.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
End of the story goes...

"...and a skunk cannot smell it's own stench, that's why."

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Had all my Trump gear on traveling from Cleveland to Albuquerque and had my first encounter with a triggered lib. I noticed this guy was staring me down on the plane, I wasn't positive so I basically ignored it. After we got off the plane, I kind of forgot about it and was walking to the baggage claim. He got off ahead of me and was kind of slow walking waiting for me to catch up to him. As I was passing him, he muttered something that I wasn't sure I heard correctly (most people either say nice hat, go Trump, or even strike up a conversation), so I wasn't sure what he said and I said "what?". He then started saying "you #ing Trump supporter, # you you Trump supporter, #ing Trump supporter and etc". He kept on for a good minute or so. I just replied get ready for 4 more buddy. He was sweating and obviously very triggered. I was waiting for him to touch me, because that would have been a really bad day for him. But I just loudly replied 4 more, hope you like it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Who even starred his side stepping bollocks.. lmfao.

Another bike lock wielder, I bet... hahaha

I'm out, this is sick. I do not wish to know the depravity of your ilk.

Lots of depravity at the world series. chanting boo and Lock him up!!!

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

For this guy to completely deny TDS over it not being a diagnosis, is utterly disingenuous.

No. That's just silly you and your labels.

He either knows there is an issue, and ignores it, or .. is a liar.

Yeah. Except that he disputes the claim from the OP with facts, or with a lack of facts to be more precise. And people screaming "liar!" over a rather objective conclusion are obviously full of crap.

Oh, the arrogance!

What did you say? Those evil libturds stole the brand new TDS shovel you used to hit other kids on the head with? It was such a fine tool for quick adhoms, wasn't it?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
While the left might have TDS, both sides have basic DS for even subscribing to the show.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Or included in another diagnosis.

If I were to take a WAG, it would be that such a case will eventually hold for TDS.

So, to get this out of the way: everyone who doesn't like Trump is not emotionally unstable; I get that. Honestly don't care who likes him and who does not. Every political personality has their fans and those who dislike them.

But the behavior of people who go from 0 to 100 in a second because of a Trump-related trigger ... that is something else, and it is not normal expression of emotion.

It would be easy to throw out some ideas on the specifics of this dysfunction, but it would serve no purpose as I am in no way a medical professional. That said, however, I can certainly spot instances of behavior that are abnormal and dysfunctional.

Cheers

And, to Fallingdown for having the willingness to open this discussion and weather the projectiles of discontent ...
edit on 28-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: +

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join