It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It's not a condition that's recognized as a mental health issue. Nor is Beatlemania.

Your condition is well known tho, a special form of cognitive dissonance I'd say. Can't be true, thus you keep running into problems with the simple truth, that your Trumpet in chief delivers disturbing remarks all the time.

Many have argued that some people have been seriously disturbed and distressed by the policies, speech, behavior, and tweets of President Trump, so much so that it has affected their cognitive, affective, and behavioral functioning. Such people may need mental health support.

Another Mr. Presents and a break from the news would do the trick as well.

"Very fine people on both sides"

Very ignorant people on both sides as well, amirite?

edit on 28-10-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I guess I just didn't catch the joke, but my point is that the number is way off... And you've been talking about other people in the thread playing semantics and or generalizing themselves

I’ll tell you what I want to end this discussion . I was wrong I shouldn’t have generalized . Can we move on now ?

You’re only need was to correct me.

Why?

You completely ignored the OP .

From our previous discussions that surprised me .

The same argument could be made for a minority on the right though.

Name them . I’ll tell you to stop when you get to 600 .

Of course both sides have nuts. But the quantity on the left far out numbers our idiots .

Do you have pictures of conservative actors holding up Hillary‘s decapitated head ? While people cheered .

How about Charlie Daniels doing a video about assassinating Maxine Watters. While people defended him .

Maybe you can find a recording of James Woods threatening to blow up Nancy Pelosi‘s house ? While people cheered .

I’d like to see the video of conservatives kicking down the door at joy Behar’s house. And then trying to get her fired ?

How about a neighbor of Adam Schiff’s tackling him in the front yard and breaking his ribs ? That people justified .

There’s a big difference and I know you’re smart enough to know it .

There have been some who have used dangerous hyperbole in relation to what their intent is if Trump gets impeached.

Did we start doing that immediately after the election ? And I made the point earlier I’m fine with words .

Have psychiatrist started to recognize the disorder on the left ?

Did you read my links ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Have psychiatrist started to recognize the disorder on the left ?

Short answer: nope.

Long answer: it's not a disorder by any stretch, but some people need professional help to learn how they shouldn't act on their emotions. And so do you.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Fallingdown, PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'll just leave this here.

americasvoice.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

No you keep believing the news without independent thought .

I counted the KKK in the tiki march their were around 100 of them . They were a couple hundred white supremacist there along with some other idiots .

There were a couple thousand other people there protesting the left’s Taliban like tactics of tearing down statues .

People on the left showed up to break up the rally. But there were thousands of people on the left there who weren’t looking for trouble . ( see what I did there I was honest )

There were good people on both sides .

Your justification is going to be that anyone on the right was a white supremacist because those assholes were there .

So by that rationale it must mean every person that walks in a pro-choice rally is OK with partial birth abortion. Because there are people there that believe in cutting babies up when they’re in the birth canal.

Did you actually believe that narrative on Charlottesville without question ?

Here black lives matter came to a Trump rally. Look what happened ?

How do you think that would turn out the other way around ?
edit on 28-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The first link I clicked on was a hate report because somebody offered $100 to anyone that reported illegal aliens .

edit on 28-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

No you keep believing the news without independent thought .

You're in my head as well now? My condolences! And please refrain from using anecdotal Trumpet-tubes when you reply to my posts, it's hard enough to keep a straight face already.

Try to focus on the topic, you're being all over the place again. His fallacy of equivocation doesn't have to be yours, there's a difference between murderous scumbags and peaceful protest. I can't help you breaking though your cognitive dissonance when you decide to ignore the reasons why his comment disturbed many people. You could at least try to put in some effort to understand the perspective.

What's so independent about your thoughts regarding TDS now, would that be the amount of ignorance you'd need to keep up the delusion it's a disorder by definition?

edit on 28-10-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Kbye 🙋‍♂️

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

*waves*

You think I will leave you alone with this? Not on my watch! It's a rather sad condition after all, and I'm a healer. How do we start, magic mushrooms or cognitive behavior therapy?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good to see this utter nonsense has been so thoroughly rebukes.

To summarise.

The OP has acknowledged that TDS does not exist as a recognised mental illness.

The OP also accepts that there isn't actually any kind of definition of TDS outside of his own opinion.

TDS seems to be in the eye of the beholder, rather than any kind of meaningful label.

It is basically an insult hurled at those who disagree with Trump politically.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I guess I just didn't catch the joke, but my point is that the number is way off... And you've been talking about other people in the thread playing semantics and or generalizing themselves

I’ll tell you what I want to end this discussion . I was wrong I shouldn’t have generalized . Can we move on now ?

You were NOT wrong, by any means. there is indeed a problem with how many of the people against Trump are behaving, and diagnosed, in a book or not, it is a valid thing.

The level of .. there is no other word, derangement, that comes from a person so afflicted with the fact a single man became president, is akin to middle eastern countries where people kill themselves over such things.

This is not something to dismiss, as some would have it. They are blanketing the entire thing to encompass all criticism, when it is not. We all have criticised Trump for one thing or another, this is not an attack against criticism. Some would have you think that, because they feel scrutinised. But that rests on them. They refuse to see the blatant idiocracy unfolding before them.. Don't let those who do, make you lose your arguments based on nothing but antagonistic arrogant ignorance.

There are people on both sides, to be sure, who will reeeee.. but by far, I've never seen it as incessant on the world as it is right now, as it is against Trump. They will lie, use dishonesty and then scream in the face of logic to win.

You should not retract your thread by any means. The fact you've sustained such outrageous insult, shines light on the truth that you were actually right.

You completely ignored the OP .

Point in fact.

Don't let them whittle you down with their incessant needless incriminations. it's all they have, and they use it like a bulldozer for even the slightest of things.

TDS is a condition.

edit on 28-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Beat that drum.. no one is dancing except people who cannot tolerate discussion of actual fact.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

*waves*

You think I will leave you alone with this? Not on my watch! It's a rather sad condition after all, and I'm a healer. How do we start, magic mushrooms or cognitive behavior therapy?

OP, you see now what I mean by arrogant ignorance...

Don't let them beat you with it.. it's a fallacy. pissing in the ocean.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Beat that drum.. no one is dancing except people who cannot tolerate discussion of actual fact.

Ok lets discuss actual facts.

Show me the actual scientific proof firstly that TDS exists and we can take the discussion form there

Ohhh...wait...whats that...no proof?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Boy I wish it wasn’t against TOS to say the word for what you’re doing .

You aren’t very good at it by the way .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I’m not gonna let them beat me down I know what they’re up to. They don’t care about the discussion they’re not used to seeing someone defend their position and they think they’re getting emotional reaction .

Pfffft

I’m just going to ignore them and talk to people that actually want to discuss the issue .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why are you so blind? It's been shown to you time and time again. Oh you prefer to just dismiss it.

I'm not going to go and post countless videos of left wing folk losing their minds, incapable of a single logical though for you. They are abundant. And I've already shown you the difference between mere criticism and TDS.

What you're trying to do is argue that as there is no diagnosis for it, it doesn't exist. Well that's your opinion.

So would you just have it said that People who cannot argue facts and prefer to blow whistles, bang drums, or beat people whilst wearing face masks appear to be the majority of most left wing, democratit protests?

Or can we just call them deranged over the fact that Trump was elected, and is your President?

Your call, I don't care... You can whistle dixie.. Oh wait.. probably not.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: gallop

Ok lets discuss actual facts.

Show me the actual scientific proof firstly that TDS exists and we can take the discussion form there

Ohhh...wait...whats that...no proof?

You are being disingenuous. Even those who are not professionally qualified to diagnose such disorders realize there is a time lag between the point at which such behavior is recognized as abnormal by ordinary members of society, and the point at which the medical profession comes to a consensus that a new condition exists. And for such a process, three years is not a particularly long period of time for the medical profession's consideration, decision making, and taking of action to document that a new disorder exists.

There are various arguments one could make for or against the existence of TDS, but this "show it to me in a medical textbook" approach is absurd.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Boy I wish it wasn’t against TOS to say the word for what you’re doing .

You aren’t very good at it by the way .

What am I doing, if even saying the word is against T&S then report it.

You wrote this thread "TDS is it a condition?", all I am saying is that there is zero scientific to support any assertion that it any kind of illness. Even you have acknowledged that it does not exist as an actual mental illness.

You also seem unable to provide any kind of recognised definition and it seems to be very much a case that when you say someone has "TDS" its basically just based on your perception of that individual rather than any kind of factual basis of them actually having some kind of "condition". So if you were to say any individual has TDS that is just your opinion, it is not a factual statement.

In other words, saying someone has TDS is like saying someone is "nuts" its just a synonym for saying "I think you must be crazy to believe that". it's a slur, a insult and its pathetic, I needs to stop because its divisive and gets in the way of civil discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join