It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I think that's part of the problem here - people assuming half the country feels one way or the other based on one election and then placing everyone in a box according to the way they voted or the way you think they voted or would have voted if they could have voted.

First of all, 100 percent of the country didn't vote in the election. Only 61 percent of those of voting age voted in the 2016 Elections and they only represent roughly 55 percent of the total population.

Secondly, Neither Hillary nor Trump won more than 50 percent of the votes. Yes, you read that correctly - even Hillary didn't win more than 50 percent of all votes cast for President. So even had she won, more than half of those who voted would still be living under a President they didn't vote for.

Also, when it comes to the TDS label I don't think anyone is claims all Hillary voters are behaving a certain way or that all Trump supporters are behaving another. TDS refers to certain behaviours by certain people who are all too happy to explain they are doing this because Trump.

Then to cap it all off, the entire World Population is now labeled and placed in boxes based on absolutely no data.

Part of TDS is labeling everyone and placing them in a box and then diregarding all discourse because you believe the majority is with you and that makes you right and you don't have to understand the otherside because they are bad, they aren't the majority, they are stupid or racist or whatever.

We need a little less "this many people agree with me so I'm justified in my actions" and a lot more "why does this person not agree with me and what's the common ground?"
Followed by a ton of thinking for your darn self.

My use of the word YOU in this post is Universal and not specifically meant to represent any particular poster.

edit on 28-10-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Psychology today article on trump the rangement syndrome .

TDS

Here’s a psychologist’s opinion quoting surveys and documented evidence. While explaining the chemical imbalance that cause TDS and mentioning ongoing studies .

The link below can’t be shared by a third-party. If you want to search it here you go .

Medical News and Free CME Online

Psychiatry > General Psychiatry
This is Your Brain on Trump
— Is Trump Derangement Syndrome Real?

Robert H. Lustig, MD, MSL
July 26, 2018

TDS is real

American psychological Association on detrimental effects from trumps election .

TDS is being studied

It’s not just a slur to end a debate or minimize an argument . That’s another lie from the main stream media .

I honestly don’t think anybody that claimed it was believed what they were saying .
edit on 28-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Second URL didn't seem to work?

ETA: Looks like it should have been a quote, not a URL.

Cheers

edit on 28-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: +

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Lagomorphe

What the hell are you even trying to say ?

That makes absolutely no sense . 🤔

Never mind then.

Have a nice day👍

Lags

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The staff gave this thread a new lease on life .

Thank you

The reaction from Trump’s election has amazed me. Half of the country is nail spitting mad. The other half happy, relieved and looking forward to the future.

If I had to compare it to something. The best comparison I could think of would be a nasty divorce. One partner happy to move on and the other angry, mad with a feeling of betrayal.

I’d read an article a ways back where some researchers posed a connection between TDS and interpersonal hostility disorder.

So that’s where I started researching . For me it just didn’t fit right but while I was looking around I came across this.

Post traumatic embitterment disorder.

I’m not gonna pretend to be able to diagnose psychological conditions. I just found this and wanted to throw it out on the table for discussion. Embitterment sure seems to fit the billing against Trump.

Take this test...

RESULTS: Core criteria of PTED are:

(1) a single exceptional negative life event precipitates the onset of the illness;

(2) the present negative state developped in the direct context of this event;

(3) the emotional response is embitterment and feelings of injustice;

(4) repeated intrusive memories of the event;

(5) emotional modulation is unimpaired, patients can even smile when engaged in thoughts of revenge, and

(6) no obvious other mental disorder that can explain the reaction. Additional symptoms are feelings of helplessness, self-blame, rejection of help, suicidal ideation, dysphoria, aggression, down-heartedness, seemingly melancholic depression, unspecific somatic complaints, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, pain, phobic symptoms in respect to the place or to persons related to the event, reduced drive. Duration is longer than 3 months. Performance in daily activities and roles is impaired.

PTED

So basically when the country went through a divorce and Trump got the House. (Pun intended)

What do you guys think should I write a pape

Half of the country is stunned (and so is the rest of the world, except the nationalists and right-wings) and the other half is hoping for a civil war to come.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

and so is the rest of the world,

If the "rest of the world" is so "stunned", then they need decouple from their national preconceived notions about the USA -- and start examining the problems in their OWN governments instead.

All that happened in the USA was a legitimate election and a peaceful transfer of power. People who refuse to grasp that are not "stunned", they are drowning in ideology.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I support trump.

Are you calling me out right wing nationalist eagerly anticipating a Civil War ?

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Do you even read your own fcking sauces? No?

[...]
Mental illnesses are officially classified in a dense and dry book published by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) known as the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5). This book contains 947 pages and lists hundreds of mental disorders; TDS is nowhere to be seen. Similarly, a review of scholarly databases such as MEDLINE and Google Scholar reveal no academic papers on this alleged syndrome. Officially at least, TDS is not a real, diagnosable, or treatable mental disorder.
[...]

However. It's obviously real as fck that mentally ill Trumpets tend to ignore articles and diagnose jacksh!t whilst suffering from the well known "Trumpian Dissonance Syndrome".

Kids, this is what happens when you're running high on emotions and low on reason, it's called a lobotomy for a reason.

edit on 28-10-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Oh please.

Someone in the NFL takes a knee and conservatives lose their mind.

Do conservatives now have KNS?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Your whole post is dead on. But I want to focus on this-

I think that's part of the problem here - people assuming half the country feels one way or the other based on one election and then placing everyone in a box according to the way they voted or the way you think they voted or would have voted if they could have voted.

Half of America didn't show up to vote, many are independent, and many are moderate partisan. So in reality, it's a minority of America on the far right or far left.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I support trump.

Are you calling me out right wing nationalist eagerly anticipating a Civil War ?

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds ?

You don't see the irony in this?

In OP-

The reaction from Trump’s election has amazed me. Half of the country is nail spitting mad.

You made generalizations (which aren't true by the way) right off the bat. That set the tone for the thread IMO.

Now you're confused when someone is doing the inverse.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Not all of the conserved ones tho, TDS seems to affect the hardcore Trumpets only. And most of them share the delusion, that they are actual mental health experts with an opinion worth to ponder.

Trumpian Dissonance Syndrome. Told ya!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yeah I read all my sources. Apparently you quit reading when you see what you want .

You should’ve gone two more paragraphs unless you cherry picked on purpose .

Many have argued that some people have been seriously disturbed and distressed by the policies, speech, behavior, and tweets of President Trump, so much so that it has affected their cognitive, affective, and behavioral functioning. Such people may need mental health support. As such, further research is necessary to investigate the extreme reactions toward President Trump, in the same way that researchers investigate other extreme social phenomena, such as Beatlemania or the like. This will shed light on the reality of this emerging folk category that has been labelled by many as "Trump Derangement Syndrome."

I didn’t say it was diagnosed in case you didn’t read my post. I said it was recognized and being studied.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

When the players took a knee that we objected too.

Did we beat up the players and take their helmets ? Did we vandalize the players cars ? Did we egg NFL players leaving the stadium ?

Did we go up and punch a kid trying to recruit members to agree with them ?

I could go on .

Can you name somewhere around 624 attacks or hoaxes against Trump supporters ?

624 attacks/hoaxs

There’s a big difference .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: underwerks

TDS is it a condition ?

Is not tolerating idiocy and being lied to a condition?

If so, then possibly yes.

The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem..

Thanks for your concern. If I have a condition that gives me an aversion to being lied to by idiots, I'm not 100% sure I want to get rid of it.

Yep! I can hardly wait to find out who they are. When is the report due out? You know, the one that was just reclassified as criminal investigation.... Ill be interested to see where you stand after that

Yep. Those process violations ... OOooooohhh. Scawy.

I actually am rooting for you guys on that though. You've been hoping and praying for years to get something on a Democrat, any Democrat.

I spent several years caught int hat silly partisanship too. It's just too much work. Aren't yall tired?

All of us here at ATS respect, admire, and look up to you for being non partisan. Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So you’re going to take a generalized statement literally too?

It’s a silly rebuttal.

Do you actually think I was talking about 150 million people specifically ?

My statement was a generalization and an attempt at humor .

His statement is the same thing we see yelled in peoples faces along with racist, racist, racist nazi, Nazi, Nazi !!!

Do you see any exaggeration by you comparing the two ?

Do you think people on the left are acting normally and all elections go like this ?

Nobody will answer that question .

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Yeah you did take it literally . SMH

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

So you’re going to take a generalized statement literally too?

It’s a silly rebuttal.

Do you actually think I was talking about 150 million people specifically ?

My statement was a generalization and an attempt at humor .

I guess I just didn't catch the joke, but my point is that the number is way off... And you've been talking about other people in the thread playing semantics and or generalizing themselves. It just kind of sabotaged your own thread out the gate if you wanted people to discuss it without generalizing the inverse.

Do you think people on the left are acting normally and all elections go like this ?

I think there are quite a few on the left that are letting it affect them in an unhealthy way, even fewer are acting out these emotions in ways that disrupt communities like blocking off traffic and what not.

The same argument could be made for a minority on the right though. There have been some who have used dangerous hyperbole in relation to what their intent is if Trump gets impeached.

As I said earlier, half the country doesn't vote, and then about 30%~ (R) at any given time, 30%~ (D), the rest independent.

Most of those (R) and (D)'s are moderate, so I won't attempt to use a broad brush on either. Both have their fringe who wrongfully get equity on how their party is defined.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I think that you are leaning in the right direction.

We are a society that has accepted and embraced lies from birth to the grave. We have been conditioned to embrace the lies that help us live the lie with the most ease and benefit, and to despise the lie that doesn't.

Now that our society has shifted to the belief, that personal desires and happiness outweighs and takes precedence over any other's, the hostility, and vengefulness, has escalated.

Add to this the large influence of the internet, that spreads more lies at a rate, and more densely than kudzu, and you will start to see how our human condition has developed into a disease.

edit on 28-10-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yeah you did take it literally . SMH

You're welcome to have a playful satire thread...

But on one hand you're saying you were joking and not to take it seriously, on the other you're holding those critical of OP to a different standard and trying to split hairs with them.

From where I'm sitting, the thread looks like a loaded deck... I don't mean anything ill by that, it's the mudpit after all, so who really cares... Just pointing out my observations.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join