It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your playing semantics with three letters . Obsession, rage, intolerance, hate and vindictiveness are all present as underlying factors .

That is undeniable.

How much first-hand experience face-to-face have you had with Americans suffering from those symptoms?

Have you sat down for Thanksgiving knowing you can’t say the word Trump because half the family will have a hissy fit ?

Have you walked onto a American college campus only to be attacked for wearing a red hat ?

Have you tried to defend him only to instantly have people screaming at you ?

Have you had long time friends desert you because they know you support him ?

The phrase TDS might not be recognized as a mental condition .

But Donald Trump‘s election has affected people mentally .

Would you prefer we start calling people crazier than Jim Carrey on acid ?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: carewemust
I shook my head when I saw what Hillary did.

Now that I think about it Hillary is a classic example of TDS from her obsession .

Yes she is. Hillary's Trump derangement syndrome is so bad, President Trump's face is painted in the bottom of Hillary's toilet bowl.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Am not playing semantics.

There is no recognised medical condition called Trump Derangement Syndrome. Unless you have actual academic studies that say otherwise that remains a fact.

You see TDS is really a petty insult used to paint those who criticise Trump as having some kind of mental break from reality.

If TDS exists then so does Trump Blindness Syndrome, a debilitating affliction where individuals develop a unhealthy infatuation with Trump to the point that the defend him no matter what and fail to recognise any flaws he has.

Really I think if your resorting to using the Phase TDS you’re actually just saying that you have ran out of arguments so are resorting to childish name calling.

It’s pathetic.

Also what qualifies you to diagnose the mental health of those people.

Some folk are just pissed off at having him as POTUS that’s not a mental illness. Otherwise you also have to accept that Trump was mentally ill as a result of the Obama presidency.

Do you see now how utterly stupid these cries of TDS are?
edit on 27-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate somebody 😎

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You can show in a medical book that it's an insult right? 😎

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

There is no recognised medical condition called Trump Derangement Syndrome. Unless you have actual academic studies that say otherwise that remains a fact.

So you’re saying everything is normal this is how people always react to an election ?

You see TDS is really a petty insult used to paint those who criticise Trump as having some kind of mental break from reality.

So is calling people crazy what’s the difference ?

If TDS exists then so does Trump Blindness Syndrome, a debilitating affliction where individuals develop a unhealthy infatuation with Trump to the point that the defend him no matter what and fail to recognise any flaws he has.

So nobody’s allowed to have an opinion except you. That’s a sign of TDS .

Also what qualifies you to make diagnose the mental health of those people.

You didn’t even read the OP before you started commenting . I said I wasn’t qualified I just noticed the symptoms .

Some folk are just pissed off at having him as POTUS that’s not a mental illness. Otherwise you also have to accept that Trump was mentally ill as a result of the Obama presidency.

So it’s normal to be pissed off for three years ? Enraged about everything he does . Rage to the point of violence against anybody that supports him ? I’ve got 50 years of following politics closely in America and I’ve never seen anything like this .

But you think everything’s normal some people are just mad .

edit on 27-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate somebody 😎

And on the grounds that there is zero scientific proof that the condition of TDS extorts

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You keep saying that over and over.

I’ve acknowledged that the term TDS isn’t in the DSM-5 and talked about the underlying symptoms .

Your pretending like you know for a fact it will never be in there and there will never be studies .

People with down syndrome used to be called retards.

Is retards in the DSM-5 ?

You’re playing semantics

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

😃 supreme deluxe 😃

😃

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Ok so you acknowledge then that TDS as a medical condition does not exist.

This is not semantics and am starting to wonder if you even know what that word means.

Given then that TDS does not exist as a medical condition what do you think it is?

is it just simply a word to describe people who don’t like Trump?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He probably heard his position on the View.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yes I acknowledge TDS isn’t diagnosed. I can do that because I’m honesty.

No it’s not a term to describe people that don’t like trump.

The majority of Democrats are behaving rationally .

TDS is the generic term for the psychotic behavior exhibited by some on the left .

You are playing semantics by using the hasty generalization fallacy . ( condensing the entire argument the one position )

You’re concentrating on one word in a attempt to defeat a entire argument . While ignoring the symptoms some people exhibit. You won’t even address those symptoms which speaks to your honesty and motivation .

I’ve answered your questions . Now can you answer my question that I’ve asked three times ?

Do you think the rage exhibited by the radical left for three years is normal ?

“ there just a little pissed off and TDS it’s not a medical condition “

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I don't think it's any different than the rage expressed by the radical right when Obama was president.

I guess we could call that ODS? Maybe we can make up another fake phrase: Hillary Derangement Syndrome - whereby the reaction to any and all information pertaining to Hillary Clinton results in a sort of manic episode of 'whatabout-isms', straw-man arguments and repetitive mentions of email servers.

It makes itself very apparent on a weekly basis in these forums, any day now Hillary will be headed to prison or a 'bombshell' report puts her closer and closer to trial or something. All the while any and all 'bad news' for Trump is just 'deep-state' actors trying to hold him back from saving America from...everything?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you’re saying everything is normal this is how people always react to an election ?

So is calling people crazy what’s the difference ?

So nobody’s allowed to have an opinion except you. That’s a sign of TDS .

Also what qualifies you to make diagnose the mental health of those people.
You didn’t even read the OP before you started commenting . I said I wasn’t qualified I just noticed the symptoms .

So it’s normal to be pissed off for three years ? Enraged about everything he does . Rage to the point of violence against anybody that supports him ? I’ve got 50 years of following politics closely in America and I’ve never seen anything like this . But you think everything’s normal some people are just mad .

Excellent example. Those with TDS deny even having it, or that it even exists so they can keep on having TDS and feel justified having it and calling it a non issue for themselves. A perfect way to avoid any accountability on a personal level even though everyone else knows and tries to tell them what they are doing.
This is exactly how most all democrats including our officials have acted and been training each other to act like. No accountability and no remorse for this or anything else even. Total human behavioral anarchy.
This is definitely a neurosis, a bonafide mental illness.

edit on 28-10-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

So what you are saying then is that TDS is a term you use to describe those who you view as being enraged by Trump.

So it is entirely based on your opinion and not fact who does and does not have TDS?
edit on 28-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

I prefer Hiliarhea myself which led to TDS after it was not treated properly. Those who spout Hillary's lies arre the ones who are the most angry about Trump. Me I voted for Jill we need more options on the ballot than the 2 current ones. This time I might vote Libertarian or write someone I feel is worthy of being president. Heck if he keeps it up I might even vote for Trump the 2nd time in my 16 year voting history that I voted for a member of either branch of the party.

In a nutshell hilliarhea caused tds and no I am not a doctor but I am an ordained Dudist that matters since this is a battle for one's spirit not their mind. FTR no medical degree is required to be intelligent. When I go to the doctor I tell him what drugs I need to fix my issue and 95% of the time I walk out of there with a prescription (except when I told him to prescribe a legal treatment in my state but that is not a federal one as of yet. (too much hassle))

So Whoever keeps spouting about needing a medical degree in order to be observant how dare you question anyone's abilities? They have to do this in order for it to be real, no sorry those rules are only for the weal minded remember Beatlemania? Did any doctors research that? How many studies were done before Beatlemania became real? Not holding my breath......

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Derangement syndrome is a mental condition.

Does that also make it a medical condition?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: underwerks

TDS is it a condition ?

Is not tolerating idiocy and being lied to a condition?

If so, then possibly yes.

The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem..

Thanks for your concern. If I have a condition that gives me an aversion to being lied to by idiots, I'm not 100% sure I want to get rid of it.

LOL doesn't matter who's in office you are always getting lied to BTW.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I don't use the phrase.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Sorry was replying to the OP must have hit the wrong button but I changed the post so it make more sense

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join