It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Fallingdown

trump support derangement syndrom

TSDS

What an original, well thought out, and highly intelligent reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Are you a clinical psychologist ?

The condition has been recognized, the right just calls it by a different name .

Which brings us back to one of my first post to you. Semantics it’s the game you’ve been playing the whole thread and I called it from the get go .

Here’s my second reply on page 2

You I think need to calm the beans, stop insulting fellow members and just move on to the next thread with out shouting TDS every time someone says something you disagree with.

Now that’s precious. The two of you been trying to pester me from the beginning . Using the same fallacy over and over despite any proof given .

Your reply to my OP on the first page .....

Here is my first reply to you .

That’s twice on the first two pages I clarified my statement. That I was comparing PTED to the symptoms . I never said TDS was diagnosed. I made a point of saying it wasn’t in the DSM . The title reads “TDS is it a condition ?”

What do you do with my honesty ? Of course you pretend I had that position and use my honesty against me .

Now we get to the part I’ve been saving .

You’re trolling was obvious you didn’t address the topic in the OP once through all 12 pages . You just continued to play the same game even asking about the title more than once when the intent was clear .

So I just decided to wait for the right reply. Here it is .

#1 You claimed there was no malady as a result of trumps election. * underlined in red

#2 You also claimed there was zero evidence of TDS . * underlined in gold

#1 you said no connection to the election . You’re wrong.

#2 you said zero evidence. You’re wrong .

A clinical psychiatrist gave her opinion on both parts. There might be counter opinions but your position of zero evidence is wrong.

You I think need to calm the beans,

I guess you thought you riled me up that was obviously your objective. But that hasn’t happened to me in years and I’ve hung out at places where everyone there would eat you alive.

i’m just stubborn and will defend my position as long as it takes as long as I’m right. I’ve admitted I was wrong on several threads here. It’s got nothing to do with ego .

stop insulting fellow members

Says the guy that’s been instigating since page 2

and just move on to the next thread with out shouting TDS every time someone says something you disagree with.

It’s my thread why haven’t you moved on in 12 pages or for that matter once addressed the OP .

You pretend to be the voice of reason. So why don’t you practice what you preach ?

Move on and it would all be over. The thing is that’s obviously not what you want .

At the source the malady has been referred to as Trump Hypertensive Unexplained Disorder", Trump anxiety disorder and Trump derangement syndrome . amygdala hijack

Now I expect your reply will once again be semantics.

I hope so because that will show I had you pegged from the second page .

Before you criticize anyone‘s actions look at the man in the mirror .

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why are you on my thread insulting members ?

You should chill your kippers .

Talk about instant hypocrite .

What happened to your sound advice to me ?
edit on 30-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Dude you're spending way to much time caring about my views on this, and I do not care enough to take that post point by point because honestly at this point its like kicking a dead puppy.

TDS does not exist, the only evidence you have provided so far is from some random source, what I am looking for is actual research that is peer reviewed and published that says TDS exists. You have one random, who could be just about anyone saying just about anything it proves nothing. I don't even need to really bother reading it to be quite honest because its just words, I am looking for the studies that prove its existence.

Also you claimed this was about PTED so all I was asking is why you wrote a title then with TDS in the title.

Again like I said, I kind of feel al little bit sorry for you right now and I don't mean to keep triggering you, I get your frustration, you wanted a bit of corroboration for your views and for the most part all you have had is members demonstrating to you how it doesn't exist. It's happened to me before, think you have written a good thread only for it to be shredded, it sucks, just learn form it and move on.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
MOAR PRINTS!

*giggles*

i’m just stubborn and will defend my position as long as it takes as long as I’m right.

Yeah. It's a good thing to have your political opponents neatly collected in a little box with the label "mental health issues", right?
At least this way you don't have to deal with their arguments in detail, fcking pieces of work! You've asked for fallacies already, right? There you have it: a good example for the ad hominem fallacy.

(This is how a hidden reply looks like)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why are you on my thread insulting members ?

Who am I insulting?

If I am feel free to report me to the mods.

I am only replying to that member asking for proof to support her assertions.
edit on 30-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

TLDR

Let’s clear this hurdle then we can discuss the rest .

You said there was zero evidence.

I showed you there was evidence.

Can you admit you were wrong ?

Self worth, high self-esteem and character is all you need .

If not you should probably take your own advice and move along .

Because I’m not budging off this question until you answer honestly .

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That’s not evidence. That’s words online

I am liking for a peer reviews article in a established journal that provides a evidence base for TDS?

Even that source acknowledges that there is no official diagnosis it’s basically saying Trump makes some people anxious, am pretty sure brexit does the same. That is not TDS, because TDS only exists in the insult vocabulary of the far right

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Fallingdown, I'm LOL now. First they claim the Right uses TDS as a way of shutting down discussion ... and then they attempt to shut down the discussion here. Hmm.

You stand your ground very well.

Cheers
edit on 30-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Anyway am done, 12-13 pages in all we have established is that the OP got the title to her thread wrong and nobody has been able to provide evidence TDS exists.

OP

Of you do find the evidence feel free to write a new thread on that topic (apparently this is about PTED) and we can have a look and I would hope a more constructive conversation.

Am off out,

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Downloaded that, deleted it and went back to my notepad.

Sorry, but I can't stop myself right now. You're cracking me up.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This thread is honestly getting embarrassing for you.

TDS does not exist.

Its just a way to insult those whose politics you disagree with.

You I think need to calm the beans, stop insulting fellow members and just move on to the next thread with out shouting TDS every time someone says something you disagree with.

Im betting Trump causes alot of anxiety around people. I know if i worked with him id be a nervous wreck.

As for TDS well if you take into account the people that deal with anxiety because Trump is president its very real. Anxiety can cause people to lose it.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Lol

In the last three years I’ve only met four liberals that would be honest on a topic concerning Donald Trump.

You’re definitely not one of them .

By that rationale if I linked you to a peer reviewed study it would just be words online

Jennifer Contarino Panning, Psy.D. One of the authors of the dangerous mind of Donald Trump. Which diagnosed him as a narcissistic psychopath. But obviously you don’t think Trump is a narcissistic sociopath because there isn’t a peer review paper on it .

Her contribution to that book was .....

Although "Trump Anxiety Disorder" is not an official diagnosis, the symptoms include a lack of sleep, a feeling of losing of control and helplessness in an unpredictable sociopolitical climate, along with endless negative headlines, and excessive time spent on social media. This has also been theorized in a 2017 essay written by clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning for a book co-edited by Harvard and Yale psychologists.

Source

When a woman with a doctorate in psychology write’s a essay that is approved for a book containing 27 psychiatrist and is edited by PHD’s from Yale and Harvard theorizing her hypothesis . It’s not just words on paper it’s her credibility

What are psychological theories .....

In science, a theory is not merely a guess. A theory is based on a hypothesis that is backed by evidence. A theory is a fact-based framework for describing a phenomenon.

Psychiatric theory

You said zero evidence of a disorder . That’s evidence .

Now go ahead and make another excuse .

The disorder is recognized .

I’ll call it whatever the hell I want .

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thank you I’ve been enjoying myself.

They set the pins up and I knock them over .

This is from OSOTC . It’s my favorite example of liberal hypocrisy in this entire thread .

Every time I read it I chuckle .

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
TDS is as real as "burnout" and "nervous breakdown"... While not officially recognized in medical journals, it does exist.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Cool can you prove that it is a actual mental illness and not just some buz word used against those who disagree with your politics.

Sure I'll take a shot at this. I'm a social worker in the mental health field, so I see crazy every single day. For those of you that don't know, this field is one of the most liberal left leaning groups there is.

I have had seemingly educated people tell me that our missile defense system isn't as good as it could be because of Trump. I have had people get up and yell in my face in meetings about " not their President". Climate change blamed on Trump. You name it and they've blamed him for it.

Anyway I see some of the same traits and actions we use to diagnose people with a mental illness in my coworkers.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Ironclad1964

The original meaning from the Greeks is different than it's modern adaptation, which would be a self-serving person with a rather narrow mindset.

If you can't see how that might be relevant for the Trumpian Dissonance Syndrome of our constantly winning OP, you're essentially an entrenched idiot as well. Congrats!

Trumpian Dissonance Syndrome..?

Is that a title you just made up..?

No, that's a serious question... Really, I'm seriously asking.

Man, the level of arrogance in your postings is truly astounding.

The overuse of words meant to send most readers to the Oxford for clarity and using other words in their pre-Columbian context, fully expecting everyone to pick up on that.

The overbearing need to come across as someone with superior intellect and understanding indeed reminds me of my university days, sitting in the cafeteria, listening to the intellectual bullies from the Social Arts department talking down at every person who dared to pass them by with any semblance of an opinion that flew against the grain of their own bloated ideologies.

It really never did matter to them if you had multiple associate or full degrees, diplomas, etc... They were never a match for that one, single Social Arts degree !! The end result of a conversation with that group always ended the same way.... A wave of the hand to show how intolerable lesser humans were to their intellectual superiority..lol

Your posts really do remind me of those guys n' girls from the Social Arts department.. Intellectual Bullies, using complicated or contextual wording to confuse and intimidate others into submission, when in actual fact, your level of sophistication is a mere smokescreen for your actual inability to put forward a logical argument.
edit on 31-10-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Think about it as a specific type of cognitive dissonance, which builds up over time on a strong emotional connection to a saint of sorts. It's similar to other effects of lobotomy, and it mirrors the one our OP theorizes.

Here's more on the science:

How Not To Be Brilliant Every Single Day

We don't need a fcking degree to catch the drift, or do we?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join