It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDS is it a condition ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Fallingdown

Your claim is there is no type of malady affecting a percentage of the left. That the current environment is the normal reaction to an election .

At last not one that is as a result of the election of Trump. I do not think that the reaction of Trump opponents is normal I think it is the result of a unique political climate however and not mental illness.

You also claim that there has been no psychiatric studies on TDS , TAD or any negative emotional/traumatic event that is out of the ordinary .

I am claiming that there is zero evidence to prove the existence of TDS.

Now I asked you a question and you refused to answer it so am going to ask again.

If this thread is about PTED then why is TDS in the title?

I am claiming that there is zero evidence to prove the existence of TDS.

“ zero evidence “

Nope

This is from Pacific standard a left-leaning psychiatric source . This article cites multiple studies from reputable sources like . The American psychological Association , The New England Journal of Medicine and other clinical psychiatrist .

They even understand the mechanism which is elevated levels of adrenaline and cortisol . They affect the prefrontal cortex . Which is responsible for planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behaviour.

Here you go a small quote from the article pay attention to the bold .

And this stress has metastasized in an observable phenomenon: Clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning characterized the phenomenon as "Trump Anxiety Disorder," a specific type of anxiety in which symptoms "were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate." Others on the right side of the ideological spectrum have classified this anxiety as "Trump Derangement Syndrome," a label that the president himself embraced:

At last not one that is as a result of the election of Trump. I do not think that the reaction of Trump opponents is normal I think it is the result of a unique political climate however and not mental illness.

Nope and nope .

Source

Why do you keep saying zero evidence when there’s evidence ?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The American Psychological Association's 2016 "Stress in America" survey, conducted online among some 3,400 American adults and published in February of 2017, found that 63 percent of respondents regard the future of the country as "a significant source of stress"; some 56 percent "say that they are stressed by the current political climate." The 2018 edition of the survey showed that the number of Americans who view the future of the country as a significant stressor had jumped to 69 percent; those who saw the political climate as a source of stress had jumped to 62 percent.

That's about stress, not your TDS.

Can we even think for ourselves for a brief moment? Why is this stress not the result of the War on Terror with it's neoliberal decline into barbarism? 56% say it's about the political climate, and that's a different way to say what I just posted. With all this austerity and 1984 going on, I don't get why only 62% would be stressed, either.

Clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning characterized the phenomenon as "Trump Anxiety Disorder,"

Her statement was taken from another piece that's linked in the article. Why didn't you read it?

'Trump Anxiety Disorder' may not be an official diagnosis, but therapists know the symptoms

In a divided U.S., therapists treating anxiety are hearing the same name over and over: Donald Trump

I see.

We have a political/ sociological/ economical/ ecological disaster of a (worldwide) climate that's essentially suicidal, but those evil libturds who have the audacity to realize the issues can be marginalized by ignoring the reasons for their stress. Everything is OK cuz Trump, and legitimate stress is nothing but TDS.

That's pretty much the gist of your ignorant framing. There's so much nuance in those articles, but we can find none of that in this moronic piece of spin you call a thread with evidence. Wanna play? Have at it!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Wrong

There is evidence . It’s quoted and sourced in the article. Your position seems to be that TDS isn’t TDS because it’s TAD . Which tells me you think a fishing pole isn’t a fishing pole if someone calls it a fishing rod .

Her statement was taken from another piece that's linked in the article.

That’s called a source please try to keep up .

This is from your first source ......

Trump Anxiety Disorder' may not be an official diagnosis, but therapists know the symptoms

Yeah that’s what my OP is about describing the symptoms . A OP by that you have it addressed in 10 pages BTW.

This is also from your source .......

Trump and his supporters, for their part, have their own term for a malady they see as afflicting only reactionary, anti-Trump progressives: "Trump Derangement Syndrome.")

Like I’ve said you’re wrong and are still subscribing to my fishing pole analogy .

I apologize I hurt your feelings by using a generalized term that cut you so deeply to the bone .

I apologize for using a mean word that triggered you so badly . A small slight taken so personally and denounced so relentlessly is a sign of TDS in my opinion .

I also apologize for making a comparison in the symptoms in the OP that you are incapable of addressing .

You know.... I came here to get away from trolling.

But that’s all the three of you have tried to do this whole thread.

edit on 29-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Only #in donald trump with his inflated ego could believe this to be real , and then use that tool to denounce any criticism as TDS

same with the whole fake news bit , Criticism of trump and his regime, Oh thats fake news

absolute #in bull#

the evidence suggests that its stress because of trump and his policies and the uncertainty that this can make people feel about their future.

Not different to any other stress related thing , trust donald to co-opt Stress

Parents can say they have "infant child derangement syndrome"

other ATS members can say they have "sapien82 derangement syndrome"

maybe TDS is just stress at having to deal with an asshole in charge
like you boss being a total #

much like having boris johnson as PM

OH so the UK has "boris johnson syndrome"

Sorry "Brexit Derangement Syndrome"

this morning I had "huge # derangement syndrome"

I mean if you hear reports that over 63% of those in the study are stressed about their government and the future of their country, doesnt that just tell you something ?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have "Trump ATS thread derangement Syndrome"

Absolutely fed up of hearing about that #

same with the previous admin I had " Bush ATS thread derangement Syndrome"

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You're actually pretty good with ignoring content for your thread, are we stressed out already?

You know.... I came here to get away from trolling.

Well. We can see you pointing fingers in the OP already like the good troll you are, and now you misrepresented a study on stress for your little spin of a political provocation.

Looks like mud in the pit if you ask me. How's that for evidence?

Do you want to try me I know a place we can go ?

We're here already. Enjoy the music!

You could be sitting in your office feelin' testy
Spilling coffee on a spreadsheet
Thinking "Jesus Christ, my life is dismal"
Two seconds later, you could stare into a portal
That reminds you there is more
Than what your awful nine-to-five permits you

edit on 29-10-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Only #in donald trump with his inflated ego could believe this to be real , and then use that tool to denounce any criticism as TDS

I'd be glad if it was about Orange Zero only...

the evidence suggests that its stress because of trump and his policies and the uncertainty that this can make people feel about their future.

Same mistake, different result. There's other things at play that made Trump happen in the first place, and we would be utter idiots to ignore all those simple reasons (beyond Trump) for said stress.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yeh never mind the stress of financial uncertainty caused by the global financial crash we are still feeling the effects of
nothing to do with that , or the stress of constant war not that at all . The stress of being killed by gun violence , nothing to do with that !

if anything , he can just take credit for the cherry on the top or the straw that broke the camels back

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Cmon man , quit complaining and whining , with your "troll derangement syndrome "

sorry I mean your "liberal left politics derangement syndrome"

Just joking

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You're actually pretty good with ignoring content for your thread, are we stressed out already?

Says the guy that is ignore the OP the entire thread .

Well. We can see you pointing fingers in the OP already like the good troll you are, and now you misrepresented a study on stress for your little spin of a political provocation.

Now you’re mad I finally responded to your bull# and proved that something is going on . Your first instinctual response for protection was to attempt semantics. Didn’t work out so well did it ?

Now I have you so hopelessly pinned into the corner you’ve got to lie. 🤦‍♂️

How desperate are you ?

This was in the source .....

And this stress has metastasized in an observable phenomenon: Clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning characterized the phenomenon as "Trump Anxiety Disorder," a specific type of anxiety in which symptoms "were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate." Others on the right side of the ideological spectrum have classified this anxiety as "Trump Derangement Syndrome,"
a label that the president himself embraced:

TDS and TAD are the same thing the only difference is terminology . Buy a book and look this up .

“ A rose by any other name is still a rose “

Your title sounds like a bubblegum rock song . I’ll pass .

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So they took brain scans of people who suffer this "trump derangement syndrome" during the election results announcement and then compared them to people who suffer general anxiety disorder in order to differentiate between the two .

As surely a brain scan would show different areas of the brain being activated or same areas but in different ways if "trump" is somehow specific to their anxiety

How can they tell its different ?

Is there any physiological evidence , and not just chatting with those who suffer to determine the level of their anxiety through patient verbal diagnosis ?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I have "Trump ATS thread derangement Syndrome"

Absolutely fed up of hearing about that #

same with the previous admin I had " Bush ATS thread derangement Syndrome"

If you criticized Bush, you were anti-American, unpatriotic, and didn't support our troops or the war on terror.

If you criticized Obama, you were racist, against progression, and a conspiracy theorist.

If you criticize Trump, you simply have TDS, are easily triggered, and need a safe space.

To me, they're all pretty much the same, and their policies are hard to tell apart. They somehow manage to re-brand, same great flavor, bold new packaging.

Bush poured the foundation to nullify any personal rights granted by the constitution via the patriot act ✅

His predecessors continue to build on that by weaponizing the espionage act and increasing surveillance ✅

Executive powers have been able to circumvent congress in waging new "conflicts" ✅

Federal debt continues to balloon ✅

But above all, don't criticize any of them until after they're gone, and we all are granted 20/20 hindsight ✅✅✅✅

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Now I have you so hopelessly pinned into the corner you’ve got to lie.

But what if we were cutting through your lies like a knife going through butter?

This was in the source .....

That's the paragraph you cherry-picked in order to make your condition stick. And you failed miserably in doing so, the linked piece actually rebuked the hypothesis of a special condition again (again).

a label that the president himself embraced

Now I get it, that's your evidence: a red flag of authority. You win.

Sieg!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The ironic part about "TDS" is that when "TDS" claims are made they usually have little-to-nothing to do with Trump himself. Instead Trump is simply being used as a scapegoat by pricks who have no sense of personal responsibility for their own obnoxious behavior. Instead of personal accountability they push the blame on Trump.

I see it time and time again. Someone posts a seemingly innocuous thread, then they spin it in their opening post to actively seek to "trigger" others. They're so blatant about it that they often even end their opening posts with nonsense like a "triggered" meme. So we have people intentionally being obnoxious, obtuse, and/or rude, trying to piss people off, and if someone dares to reply in disagreement the OP disavows all personal responsibility with cries of "TDS!!! TDS!!!!" pushing the blame on Trump.

I get it, we have the 1st amendment, and I fully support it. Wise conservatives often used to say "People don't have the right to not be offended", and sometimes with the 1st amendment people are going to say things that others do find offensive, but things have changed a bit. Trump's manchild/playground-bully behavior seems to have normalized such for a subset of his supporters. Trump didn't invent internet trolling, but he certainly kicked open the door for it to go mainstream in political discourse. Again, Trump is often simply being used as a scapegoat by those who have no sense of personal responsibility for their own obnoxious behavior. Instead of personal accountability they use claims of "TDS" to push the blame off themselves and onto Trump.
edit on 10/29/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Totally mate

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Projection is the defining characteristic of Trump Supporters.

TDS is real, it is what makes an otherwise rational person defend the worst President in our nations history.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

right so those who support him are deranged and not those who criticise him

yes I can see this !

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The truth is that TDS is just a slur used by Trump supporters to defend him from any and all criticisms. It's a tactic used by delusional morons who have no ability to think critically or rationally and have no real defense for trump and his actions.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Extorris

right so those who support him are deranged and not those who criticise him

yes I can see this !

Equally as deranged would be fair..I despise Trump but some of the criticisms are laughable..two scoops of ice cream stuff.
edit on 29-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So blocking Traffic and Beat old ladies and retire vets Is not tolerating idiocy? Look in the mirror.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join