It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Goes The Impeachment Inquiry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Trump is guilty of a crime that they haven't found yet.

Trump is guilty of a crime that they haven't found yet.

Yeah, I said it twice, still doesn't sound any better. . . . .

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: Gryphon66

Democrats say they will rely on polling data to gauge if they have the public on their side.

They are actually that foolish.

Foolish is as foolish does. Some folks only believe in the polls that reinforce their own failing beliefs.

You know how that is, right?

They should always look at the underlying polling data (if they can find it!), and weigh the poll results against what their common-sense tells them.

All but 2 or 3 of the 2016 Presidential polls all assumed Americans were stupid.

Nope. The 2016 polls were pretty much right on track as Clinton won the popular vote by 3 M.

Polls don't necessarily account for the EC.

But, hey ... some folks just pick the polls that say what they want and ignore the rest ... it's all good.

~sigh~

Quit just lying.

Clinton’s win will be substantial, but not overwhelming. The model projects that she’ll garner 323 electoral votes to Trump’s 215.

Huffington Post

I can't find a link that is more leftist for you than HuffPo.

link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
a reply to: Lumenari

You know what's coming next, I bet.

"Where does it say that in the Constitution?"

Around and around we go. I hate saying it, but Schiff and Pelosi can't be stopped. Let's get it on in the Senate. Shut 'em down with facts in public. Shame them. They will go down in flames.

Unless they just intend to drag it out, knowing it will go nowhere in the end.

Shut them down with facts? You mean like Mr. Trump calling on foreign powers IN PUBLIC to attack his political foes? The obstruction of justice we've all seen play out documented by the President on Twitter for the last 2.5 years?

LOL... McConnell and Crew may acquit as usual, but, I seriously doubt the President will fare well in the court of public opinion.

ETA: Removed extraneous.
edit on 27-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So, one poll is all you need? And you cherry pick the article that isn't referring to poll results?

Pfft. Swing and a miss, Lumi.

The only lies I see here are yours, unless I assume that you are really as uninformed as these claims seem to be.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Around and around we go. I hate saying it, but Schiff and Pelosi can't be stopped. Let's get it on in the Senate. Shut 'em down with facts in public. Shame them. They will go down in flames.

Shut them down with facts? You mean like Mr. Trump calling on foreign powers IN PUBLIC to attack his political foes? The obstruction of justice we've all seen play out documented by the President on Twitter for teh last 2.5 years?

LOL... McConnell and Crew may acquit as usual, but, I seriously doubt the President will fare well in the court of public opinion.

Americans don't like cheaters.

Twitter and that joke he made during the election?

Shockingly glib, coming from a poster of your stature. Maybe you just don't think I'm worth the effort.

So be it.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Shut them down with facts? You mean like Mr. Trump calling on foreign powers IN PUBLIC to attack his political foes? The obstruction of justice we've all seen play out documented by the President on Twitter for teh last 2.5 years?

Americans don't like cheaters.

Remember that when you try to piece together how 2020 made you scream at the sky again.

Try to parse this and I'll take the time to type it slowly and use small words.

If the top law official in the USA (Trump, currently) asks foreign nations to help him root out corruption that happened in their countries by American politicians, then he is DOING HIS JOB.

That you perceive them as "political rivals" doesn't make any difference, unless you are going to argue that investigations into political rivals should not happen because it might influence American elections.

In which case you may need to take a long hard look at the Mueller SC investigation, how it started, what it found and how it influenced the 2018 elections and has harmed Trump's presidency.

As well as the FBI investigation into Trump, the House investigation into Trump, the Senate investigation into Trump and the now 6 more investigations into Trump.

You are right.

Americans do not like cheaters.

They also really don't like sore losers.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So, one poll is all you need? And you cherry pick the article that isn't referring to poll results?

Pfft. Swing and a miss, Lumi.

The only lies I see here are yours, unless I assume that you are really as uninformed as these claims seem to be.

~yawn~

I picked the most leftist I could find because I thought then you wouldn't scream "THE SOURCE IS CRAP!!!"

Since you have so much time on your hands, google "Hillary 2106 election polls EC".

Then pick the one that is OK on your scale of how left being correct is.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are incorrect. There is no requirement for a vote to begin impeachment investigations.

You are only correct insofaras there will likely be a formal resolution passed in mid-November to follow the routine that you describe. That will be in public view after the particulars are established.

I know that you've had the opportunity several times to learn the difference between White House talking points and reality, yet you still repeat the same nonsense. Trump is not on trial yet and so those spurious claims about due process are pure hogwash, and you know that. I myself have explained it to you on more than one occasion.

The Senate is apparently controlled by Mitch McConnell now, and he's already announced along with Ms. Lindsey that they're going to acquit Trump no matter wahat.

Please point out to me anywhere the finding, ruling, legal statement or position that someone under investigation in the United States of America is denied due process.

I'll wait.

ETA... a citizen of the United States.

There is of course legal rulings where illegal aliens do not, in fact, have that right.

edit on 27-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

LOL ... it really doesn't matter to me who wins in 2020 ... Trump has already accomplished what needed to be accomplished.

It's so cute when posters try to sound all high-and-mighty like that. Your post above just demonstrated you don't know the difference between a poll and a model. LOL

Trump wanted to trade weapons for a non-existent server. The Biden's were Rudy's hang-up it appears. As far as the facts go, the Ukranians cleared Hunter Biden YEARS ago. That dog won't hunt.

We'll see what actions were taken in and around the phone call, but, I've said many times that on it's own that would make a very weak case for Impeachment.

Yeah, yeah, I've heard all the White House talking points from your posts before. Wasn't impressed then either.

Sore losers? LOL. They like bad winners even less. No Presdient has EVER had polls in the toilet like Mr. Trump.

Keep pretending that doesn't matter; believe the polls you like, or the models, or whatever maintains the delusions.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The impeachment inquiry is proceeding, it was just acknowledged by a Federal court and provided with grist for the mill.

One decision by one biased judge. If that decision makes it past a court of appeals, I will give it credence. If it makes it past the Supreme Court, I will find it credible. Not before.

These such decisions, where a single judge is establishing policy for the entire country, are beginning to call the entire Judicial system into question. I would be quite cautious applauding them, for the damage they do to our country is many times greater than what Trump could accomplish in the wildest dreams of his detractors.

You've given fascinating recitations of opinions about House Democrats, but, I'm not sure how these accusations, whether true or not, really have any effect on the Impeachment of DJT.

Conflicts of interest are normally, and should be now, reasons for recusal. Ethics violations are also just cause for doubt where great integrity is demanded, and I can think of no situation requiring greater integrity than for a few hundred people to overrule the mandate of 60 million+ citizens in a free and fair election.

Make no mistake; that is what the impeachment is about. Three years of the most intense investigations I have ever seen anyone subjected to have turned up nothing of consequence against Donald Trump, certainly nothing that would warrant removal from office. The House Intelligence Committee is holding closed-door hearings where the minority party is effectively shut out from participating in any meaningful way. Information gleaned from these hearings is suppressed if in favor of the President and leaked if not (or if it can be spun by the media as not). This is what we used to hear about from Russia during the early days of the Cold War: people accused and arrested without trial, disappearing somewhere in Siberia. Sure, no one here has disappeared into the Yukon... yet... but the tactics are the same.

And in the end, the inquiry is dead on arrival in the Senate. That has already been stated and there are many times enough questions about troublesome practices to allow the Senate to throw any impeachment out summarily. Were a criminal trial to be presented with an indictment as rife with allegations of wrongdoing as this impeachment fiasco is, there would be lawyers sitting in prison the following day while the accused walked free with prejudice!

Sorry, but integrity matters and procedure matters. We are talking about overturning the will of the electorate. Literally, we are talking about a coup against the very people of the United States of America. Whether one hates Trump or loves Trump, I cannot fathom how anyone who actually cares about the country could in any way support the present impeachment process. It is a personal vendetta against not just the President, but everyone in the country not within the circle that is running the inquiry.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You can keep waiting.

Impeachment is not a trial. The House has the power to investigate in each area the investigations are proceeding.

Trump supporters just keep wailing and gnashing teeth over this, and the funny part is that the Republicans facilitated all this a few years ago jumping through their butts to try to get Clinton.

Try to understand this ... due process is a judcial concept that applies in a court of law. The "trial" after impeachment is held in the Senate, and that is where there are applications of the form of due process.

Denying reality doesn't change it.
edit on 27-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Removed to prevent thread drift.
Commence 👍
edit on 27-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Exactly right. A House member pointed out the other day how Democrats have put forth more subpoenas this year, than they have legislation for improving Americans lives. PITIFUL.

It seems like a pattern of selfishness to me. I guess I could add bitterness and laziness to that as well

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Quite nicely but others may disagree.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Oh cool memes mean you win. *eye roll*

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

LOL ... it really doesn't matter to me who wins in 2020 ...

Quoted for you losing.

Since you can't just answer the simple question I posed to you...

Please point out to me anywhere the finding, ruling, legal statement or position that someone under investigation in the United States of America is denied due process.

No offense, but I guess I need to stop posting to you and find a better dance partner.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The decision by the judge that is the only individual designated by law to release material from the Mueller grand jury.

That said, Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e), which enshrines the traditional rule of grand jury secrecy, establishes exceptions that allow grand jury materials (such as transcripts of witness testimony) to be disclosed to certain outside parties in limited circumstances. Some of these exceptions allow for automatic disclosure—to necessary government personnel, for example—but many of the exceptions require that disclosure be authorized by the federal district court in the jurisdiction where the jury is convened, as the court ultimately has some degree of “supervisory authority” over the grand jury.

ETA: Oops, Source

I don't have any issue with Judge Howell's ruling, but I do believe that the real and present danger to our judicial system is exactly the kind of partisan nonsense you've apparently chosen to champion here, all due respect.

You can repeat the Republican talking point that she's biased if you want, but I haven't seen one piece of evidence for that claim aside from who appointed her. Since you've made that argument, I'll have to remind you in the future when Gorsuch or Kavannagh rule that they are biased because Trump. Or any of the other courts stacked by McConnell and company as Mitch likes to brag about.

Recusal is certainly underused in our judicial system, I agree. Judge Howell oversaw the grand jury in the Mueller probe. There isn't anyone else who could have heard the case due to secrecy requirements.

Oh my god, are you kidding about the investigations??? You don't remember the ten or twenty investigations of Clinton and Benghazi??? Come on Redneck.

I've seen Trump lie on a daily basis. I've seen him do so with the obvious intention to affect the world markets. I've seen him either stupified by drugs or in advanced stages of dementia on multiple occasions ... and so have the rest of America. IT'S A JOKE AROUND THE WORLD that Trump is a doddering fool.

No, we're not talking about overturning the will of the electorate, we're talking about the application of Constitutional powers given to the House to provide checks and balances against a President that either believes he's beyond the law or doen't really comprehend what the law says.

I cannot concieve of how many times I see highly intelligent people who are also loyal Americans who love liberty who have so fallen under the cult-of-personality around President Trump.

The process is functioning EXACTLY as the Founders intended which points to their genius well over 220 years later.

The House directly represents the will of the People, and the People's Representatives are about to speak.

edit on 27-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No offense taken. You're either intentionally or ignorantly ignoring the answer to your questions.

Please feel free to move on as repetition of basic points is getting boring.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It's in shambles. Donald Trump is a saint who would never be involved in anything unethical. The Moloch worshiping Democrats are holding satanic rituals to try and enlist dark powers to help them oust the real life version of Captain America. But thanks to Iran-Contra national hero Barr, they aren't going to get a chance.

He's spent the last month on a blues brothers inspired mission from god crossing the globe enlisting help from patriotic Russian oligarchs all in the name of the American way. With a bit of luck and a little help from Jesus, these wily Democrats will all be exposed as the monsters they are and Gods chosen one, Donald J. Trump will ascend to a second term on a golden throne of light.

Hallelujah and MAGA.

Checkmate libtards.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Wow, that must have been inspired by God.

LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join