It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Goes The Impeachment Inquiry?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

I would give a President Biden over/under odds of impeachment and removal by January 31, 2021 because his admission is on video for all the world to see.

“I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.“

Doesn’t take a whole lot of deliberation to figure out the proper vote there.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Extorris
were that the case mueller and others would have recommended impeachment

The Special Counsel was not permitted to make any impeachment referral to congress, or any referral to congress what-so-ever.

That was one of the principle differences between the expired "Special Prosecutor" statute and the new "Special Counsel" statute.

Next?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I would give a President Biden over/under odds of impeachment and removal by January 31, 2021 because his admission is on video for all the world to see.

“I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.“

If anything that action by VP Biden warrants praise.

Even the GOP in US Congress at the time was petitioning for Shoken to be fired.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
He could recommend whatever he liked.
Sorry for your confusion.

He chose not to.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

He chose not to.

To the contrary, the Special Counsel was operating under the Special Counsel statute and the Mandate as outlined by the Deputy AG.

He reported to DOJ, not congress, could not issue any report or referral to congress and could only pursue criminal indictments while adhering to the DOJ policy that sitting Presidents were not subject to indictment.

In Contrast, Ken Starr was tasked with making an impeachment recommendation to congress.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RudeMarine
This guy should be ashamed to call himself an officer in our Military.

What do you mean by "our" military?

The Lt. Colonel has served his entire life and still carries IED Shrapnel from Iraq in his body.

He is not alone in recognizing that Patriotism requires standing-up and speaking the truth.

Admiral William McRaven, the Navy Seal Commander that led the OBL raid.
Marine Core General James Mattis
Gen. John Allen, the former commander of American forces in Afghanistan
four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal
Gen. Joseph Votel, former commander of the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) who helped lead the fight against the Islamic State militant group
Marine Core General John Kelley

www.militarytimes.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 30-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Ahabstar

If anything that action by VP Biden warrants praise.

Even the GOP in US Congress at the time was petitioning for Shoken to be fired.

So, what you are saying is that quid pro quo is only OK if a democrat does it.

Thank you for clearing that up

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Ahabstar

The impeachment inquiry is proceeding, it was just acknowledged by a Federal court and provided with grist for the mill.

You've given fascinating recitations of opinions about House Democrats, but, I'm not sure how these accusations, whether true or not, really have any effect on the Impeachment of DJT.

Care to expand on that? or was the title merely a point of departure for a Dem slag fest?

Let me guess your source...CNN possibly?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

He chose not to.

To the contrary, the Special Counsel was operating under the Special Counsel statute and the Mandate as outlined by the Deputy AG.

He reported to DOJ, not congress, could not issue any report or referral to congress and could only pursue criminal indictments while adhering to the DOJ policy that sitting Presidents were not subject to indictment.

In Contrast, Ken Starr was tasked with making an impeachment recommendation to congress.

Like he didn't testify to congress
Dude could have recommended whatever he liked at that point
He chose not to
He could not find a crime trump committed.
Nice try tho.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What part of “it also does not exonerate him” don't you get?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm sure a bunch of Democrat and Republican politicians wanted Shokin fired since they were getting rich by dealing with corrupt Ukranian Oligarchs.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

If Trump had committed a crime, I'm sure Mueller would have said so.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

As per the scope of the investigation, it exonerates him.

what dont you understand?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenjanonFranklin

I'm sure a bunch of Democrat and Republican politicians wanted Shokin fired since they were getting rich by dealing with corrupt Ukranian Oligarchs.

Pssst...He was fired for NOT prosecuting Oligarchs and their companies.
It's not a mystery, it is actual history.

You should get off fox-news and do your own research once in a while.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Seeing Pelosi on Colbert tonight...she doesn’t look well. Very jittery. Stumbling over words rather than slurring them. I think she is cracking under the strain already. Poor old bird.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenjanonFranklin

Pssst...He was fired for NOT prosecuting Oligarchs and their companies.
It's not a mystery, it is actual history.

You should get off fox-news and do your own research once in a while.

Source please

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Its clear it was wrong for the democrats to select Pelosi as the house speaker. For three years and so forth the democrats had being pushing nothing but impeachments and hoping to take down Trump in a none violent coup because Trump is Orange Man bad and liberals cant stand Trump.

I don't see this impeachment going through the senate.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
Source please

V iktor Shokin: The inside story on Ukraine’s ‘very good’ prosecutor at centre of Trump scandal

Put simply, the chronology doesn’t work – the investigation into Burisma, where Hunter worked, was dormant by the time Shokin was pushed out. It would also represent a major historical anomaly. During Shokin’s 13 months in office, not one major figure was convicted. No oligarch. No politician. No ranking bureaucrat. It would appear unlikely he was in the middle of breaking the habit with the Bidens.

Why Was Ukraine's Top Prosecutor Fired? The Issue At The Heart Of The Dispute Gripping Washington

Activists say the case had been sabotaged by Shokin himself. As an example, they say two months before Hunter Biden joined Burisma's board, British authorities had requested information from Shokin's office as part of an investigation into alleged money laundering by Zlochevskiy. Shokin ignored them.

"Ironically, Joe Biden asked Shokin to leave because the prosecutor failed [to pursue] the Burisma investigation, not because Shokin was tough and active with this case," Kaleniuk said.

EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin

“There is still a lack of tangible results of investigations into serious cases . . . as well as investigations of high-level officials within the prosecutor general’s office,” he added.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join