It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Goes The Impeachment Inquiry?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Treaty 106-16 😎

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Treaty 106-16 😎

lol
as if anyone other than the potus gets to decide what is appropriate when conducting diplomacy?

lol
all the bluster about constitutional power and separation of powers here, but they dont want to let trump be president

fire the fbi director....special council
diplomacy with ukraine... impeachment

almost like some issues dont want to be uncovered......

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

They are voting on the inquiry so that the right will stop talking about it being an illegal inquiry.
They are not voting on articles of impeachment yet. They are just formalizing the inquiry.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
lol
so far behind they think they are in the lead

no vote
its "delayed"
(they dont really have the votes to pass it)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Extorris
please quote for me from the call where potus broke the law
i will wait

"can you look into "
is in no way a crime
no matter how badly you wish it to be

you are simply incorrect

I can't decide if your reality-disconnect is funny or sad.

"can you look into"
is NOWHERE in the call readout.
You actually just made that up to make your brain feel better.

There is however a "We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps" from Zelensky

Where Trump responds with several "I would like you to"(s)

followed by "it is very important that you do it"

* You should read the actual call read-out sometime!

edit on 29-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Treaty 106-16 😎

lol
as if anyone other than the potus gets to decide what is appropriate when conducting diplomacy?

Criminal acts are not diplomacy.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump’s call with Ukraine president manifests criminal and impeachable behavior
www.foxnews.com...

Federal law defines as criminal the solicitation of aid – anything of value – for a political campaign from a foreign national or foreign government, whether the thing of value arrives or not.

Federal law also prohibits bribery and attempted bribery, which is defined as withholding the performance of an official duty conditioned upon the personal receipt of a thing of value, whether the thing of value arrives or not.

edit on 29-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
oh I have read it
no where in it does potus break any law

please point out where he broke the law
it is really simple
what did he tell the ukraine president he would with hold?

also
when asked about the call what did the ukraine president say?
no pressure?

lol

you dont even have a 1st hand material witness

all smoke
no fire

now you dont even have enough support to take a vote

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
as if you get to decide that
lol
that is cute

potus' make deals all the time
sorry you dont like how the sausage is made
trump gets to decide

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: tanstaafl
They are voting on the inquiry so that the right will stop talking about it being an illegal inquiry.
They are not voting on articles of impeachment yet. They are just formalizing the inquiry.

Thanks for having my back, but I already know, silly gurl, I have pointed it out multiple times to others.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Treaty 106-16 😎

lol

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump’s call with Ukraine president manifests criminal and impeachable behavior
www.foxnews.com...

Federal law defines as criminal the solicitation of aid – anything of value – for a political campaign from a foreign national or foreign government, whether the thing of value arrives or not.

Federal law also prohibits bribery and attempted bribery, which is defined as withholding the performance of an official duty conditioned upon the personal receipt of a thing of value, whether the thing of value arrives or not.

I take anything written by Judge Nap with a grain of salt, especially the hit piece you posted. Nap hates Trump and that article is every bit as skewed as anything CNN or MSNBC would publish. If you take what he said as gospel I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment later. There’s no certainties there at all and very open to interpretation.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
We cannot accurately answer the question.

How can we know how the impeachment inquiry is going when we can't hear what is going on behind the closed doors?

The most accurate answer in thread to date. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Ironclad1964

If I were the POTUS right about now, I'd be bringing the hammer down, sending every last one of them off to Guantanamo and be damned with what the public thinks about that..!!

With the daily insanity coming from the WH, it is sometimes easy to believe that Trump is the biggest idiot in the USA.

Thank you for reminding me there are even bigger idiots.

Biggest idiot in the US aye..?

Tell me.. Which one out of the two of you have been both the POTUS and on more than one occasion, "a billionaire"..?

I'm pretty sure the answer is "not you"..!!

It actually takes some brains to become a billionaire and a great deal of skill and becoming POTUS in the first place, isn't something the average joe can do either.

Since you are most likely none of the above, I'd wager that you are in fact the one lacking in those prerequisite departments..!! lol

The only other idiots around here are the ones holding closed door hearings and openly stifling due process every step of the way throughout the current administration.

I stand by what I wrote..!!

People who have acted the way the current Democrat party have over the last 3 years, relentlessly pushing for a fight, constantly bordering on sedition and treason, should all be rounded up and locked away in a deep, dark place and forgotten about.

Right along with anyone supporting them..!!
edit on 29-10-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Diplomacy is not a criminal act either.

You seem to be assuming quite a bit. You earlier discounted the transcript as a "pseudo-transcript," completely destroying any argument that can be made concerning all alleged illegal quid pro quo with Ukraine or any charge of election interference. There is no hard evidence of what was said in the call except the transcript. If the transcript is deemed inaccurate, there is no evidence at all on either issue. Case dismissed.

You also assume that Trump's purpose for asking the Ukrainian President to investigate interference in the 2016 election was to discredit his opponent in 2020. Joe Biden is not his 2020 opponent. We don't know who that opponent is, because the Primaries have not been held yet.

You assume it is illegal to ask a foreign power for assistance investigating corruption. For an action to be illegal under Federal law, it must be codified or in direct violation of the Constitution. Therefore, I need to see Title and Statute or the Article and Section of the Constitution that is being violated. Both are online.

You assume Trump held back US military aid. That aid has been delivered, and the Ukrainian President himself has stated that he was not even aware there had been a delay in releasing the aid. He has also stated publicly on multiple occasions that he felt no pressure to perform any actions.

That's a lot of assumptions. I will add one myself though: I assume you know what you get when you ASS-U-ME.

By the way: Judge Napolitano is not overseeing the impeachment inquiry (that would be the Chair of the House Intelligence Community Adam Schiff), will not be overseeing the impeachment (he's not a member of the House), and will not be overseeing any Senate trial (that would be Chief Justice Roberts). Therefore he is expressing an opinion just like everyone on this board is doing. The fact that you agree with his opinion makes it no more or less valid.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This guy should be ashamed to call himself an officer in our Military. Just look at his embarrassed sniveling self. He probably had plenty of coaching from Shifty. Shifty probably promised him a real nice position in D.C. after they win lol. That shows you how dumb this clown is.

Colonel testifies he raised concerns about Ukraine, Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — Defying White House orders, an Army officer serving with President Donald Trump’s National Security Council testified to impeachment investigators Tuesday that he twice raised concerns over the administration’s push to have Ukraine investigate Democrats and Joe Biden.

“I was concerned by the call,” Vindman said, according to his testimony obtained by The Associated Press. “I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine.”

apnews.com...

This is what happens when you have chicken crap OFFICERS who don't even know the law or what Trump was referring to.

The US AND UKRAINE have a mutual Treaty in place that allows each nation to investigate anyone whether its us investigating someone there or them seeking information on an American.

Treaty Between the United States of America and Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with Annex, signed at Kiev on July 22, 1998, and with an Exchange of Notes signed on September 30, 1999, which provides for its provisional application

www.congress.gov...

Passed by Congress and signed by none other that slick Willey Bill Clinton himself.

This Treaty allows Trump and Rudy to seek whatever they want from Ukraine at any dam time........

I should remind everyone that Ukraine still to this day has not used one Javelin missile from the first time we kindly gave them some and they were in no position to buy any this time!!

Trump will end up staying in office and by time he is done most of Congress will be in jail. The indictments are going to be massive now.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ummm, quick question.

I thought that it was the president who set and determined foreign policy.

Was I wrong?

If not, then all of this is more along the lines of congress trying to impeach Trump because they disagree with his foreign policy stance.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Diplomacy is not a criminal act either.

You seem to be assuming quite a bit. You earlier discounted the transcript as a "pseudo-transcript," completely destroying any argument that can be made concerning all alleged illegal quid pro quo with Ukraine or any charge of election interference. There is no hard evidence of what was said in the call except the transcript. If the transcript is deemed inaccurate, there is no evidence at all on either issue. Case dismissed.

Yes and no.

The "Readout" is not a transcript, but Trump has claimed it is.
So Trump has made multiple public statements claiming the Readout is literally accurate, despite it not being that.

That leaves us with a "Readout" that is not complete, but rather a document that Trump has fully affirmed.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman testified that one example of his attempts to change the transcript was to include Trump telling Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky there were tapes of Biden, which The New York Times reported occurred where there's an ellipsis in the transcript that was released. The change was not made. The assertion that some portion of the conversation was replaced by an ellipsis contradicts the White House's statement in September that the ellipses in the transcript did not represent missing words or phrases.

www.cnn.com...

"I had a transcript done by very, very talented people -- word for word, comma for comma," said Trump at one point in that early October news conference.

"Done by people that do it for a living. We had an exact transcript." Later, he added that the document was "an exact transcript of my call, done by very talented people that do this -- exact, word for word."

"All gone because their so-called story didn't come even close to matching up with the exact transcript of the phone call."

"Democrat's game was foiled when we caught Schiff fraudulently making up my Ukraine conversation, when I released the exact conversation Transcript."

Which, well, never made any sense because stamped right at the bottom of the transcript -- which the White House released! -- was this warning:
"A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation.· (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty Officers and-NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A number of factors can affect the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation. The word "inaudible" is used to indicate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear."

www.cnn.com...

You also assume that Trump's purpose for asking the Ukrainian President to investigate interference in the 2016 election was to discredit his opponent in 2020. Joe Biden is not his 2020 opponent. We don't know who that opponent is, because the Primaries have not been held yet.

Biden is running for President in 2020. The fact that the DNC convention has not been held yet to select a nominee does not change that.

You assume it is illegal to ask a foreign power for assistance investigating corruption.

Not at all.
This was not a request to investigate "corruption". This was a request that Ukrainian Officials open and investigation and make a public statement announcing the investigation specifically into a Political Rival of President Trump based on a conspiracy theory. Ditto with the US Security firm that demonstrated that Russia was involved in the 2016 election meddling and cyber attacks.

You assume Trump held back US military aid.

This is not an assumption.

That aid has been delivered,

The fact that once the scheme was publicly exposed the aid was finally released makes the activity no less corrupt or illegal.

and the Ukrainian President himself has stated that he was not even aware there had been a delay in releasing the aid. He has also stated publicly on multiple occasions that he felt no pressure to perform any actions.

Multiple depositions have detailed the same meetings and talking points with Ukrainian Officials discussing the withholding of aid.
I do not fault the Ukrainian President for saying whatever he needs to in order to get what he so desperately needs from Trump to protect his people from an ongoing invasion.

By the way: Judge Napolitano is not overseeing the impeachment inquiry

Correct. His opinion has been oft cited by the right wing on these boards so I thought sharing his legal opinion that has been given so much credibility here in the past might be informative.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ummm, quick question.

I thought that it was the president who set and determined foreign policy.

Was I wrong?

Extorting Foreign Countries for help in domestic political campaigns is not foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RudeMarine
nice inclusion of the treaty many dismiss
funny how "they" dont want potus to be in charge of diplomacy anymore
it is his duty
too bad none of them get to parse or interject their plans

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Extorting Foreign Countries for help in domestic political campaigns is not foreign policy.

says who?
is it now illegal for trump to pressure mexico to stop illegals from crossing the southern border?
cause he did that
what about the trade discussions with china?

lol
none of diplomacy depends on anyones opinion but the potus

some day you will understand that

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RudeMarine

www.congress.gov...

Passed by Congress and signed by none other that slick Willey Bill Clinton himself.

This Treaty allows Trump and Rudy to seek whatever they want from Ukraine at any dam time........

From your link:

Article 1(4) states explicitly that the Treaty is not
intended to create rights in private parties to obtain,
suppress, or exclude any evidence, or to impede the execution
of a request.

Rudy is not covered which debunks that entire defense.

Also

Article 2 provides for the establishment of Central
Authorities and defines Central Authorities for purposes of the
Treaty. For the United States, the Central Authority shall be
the Attorney General or a person designated by the Attorney
General. For Ukraine, the Central Authority shall be the
Ministry of Justice and the Office of the Prosecutor General.
The article provides that the Central Authorities shall
communicate directly with one another for the purposes of the
Treaty.

Trump does mention AG Barr with regards to Crowdstrike, but Rudy was mentioned as Trump's point man on Biden.

Note that AG Barr has publicly stated he knew nothing about it.

"The article provides that the Central Authorities shall
communicate directly with one another for the purposes of the
Treaty."

The fact that Trump literally set up a secret-private channel with Rudy, plus 2 now indicted associates, and Ukraine outside the "Central Authorities" to hide the scheme form his own "Central Authorities" only highlights how illegal this was.

Either way, that treaty has no application for this "Drug Deal" as Bolton called it.

edit on 30-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join