It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Changes Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Orbituary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wayback Link.

Changed the url shortener. That one should work. Otherwise, this is the full link:

"h t t p s://web.archive.org/web/20191027151235/h t t p s://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-islamic-states-terrorist-in-chief-dies-at-48/2019/10/27/0d004abc-663d-11e7-8eb5-cbccc 2e7bfbf_story.html"

edit on 27-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wayback Link.

Changed the url shortener. That one should work. Otherwise, this is the full link:

"h t t p s://web.archive.org/web/20191027151235/h t t p s://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-islamic-states-terrorist-in-chief-dies-at-48/2019/10/27/0d004abc-663d-11e7-8eb5-cbccc 2e7bfbf_story.html"

Thanks! This one works!

Wow, that's just seems ... dumb ... on the part of the Washington Post. Both the first headline and the change.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They're never gonna live that down. Between losing a huge chunk of their subscribers when Trump cancelled executive branch subscriptions and now this, they're in serious trouble.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Doubt any of the msm actually relies on ratings.
More like subsidized...lol

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LysergicThat's a fun quote ya got thare Lyse. Where'd ya get it from, the 1950s ?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

All the media is eating crow today (even FoxNews) for criticizing President Trump when U.S. soldiers were sent to Syria 2 days ago, after being removed from there last week.

The U.S. Mainstream Media is now starting to understand how their Anti-Trump/Anti-America stance makes them appear like traitors.... bigger enemies to our nation than all terrorists combined.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
*snip*

The U.S. Mainstream Media is now starting to understand how their Anti-Trump/Anti-America stance makes them appear like traitors.... bigger enemies to our nation than all terrorists combined.

That's an absurd statement, not to mention, anti-American itself.

Trump supporters don't own America nor patriotism nor loyalty to the country. Frankly, shame on you.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Those were my thoughts as well Ohanka. When I started studying Fascism and Hitler as an adult one of the first things I realized was just how misleading my earlier education about Hitler and his Reich had been. It had taught me that he was deranged and a monster man who was hopefully the last of ages long mad men who had ruled the world prior to the modern age.

There had been no contextual education on the economic stresses or the threat of Russian Communism or the early financing of his movement by major industrialists. No mention of the psychological and spiritual impulses of not only himself but many of his followers. None of that, just ''oh he was a bad buy and mad to boot'' stuff.

Knowing the similarities between leaders of this sort is important for us hopefully allowing us to know them when they arise again and again but wearing three pieces suits and pretty smiles and sounding pretty much the same except in different languages.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: LysergicThat's a fun quote ya got thare Lyse. Where'd ya get it from, the 1950s ?

I got it from Malcolm X

y u hate Malcolm X?

Don't like a black man telling you that your side is a POS?

Get triggered?

edit on 27-10-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

“Promising Avant-garde art scholar dies during brutal violent assault”

Nicely done Arro.. Funny

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

*snip*

That's an absurd statement, not to mention, anti-American itself.

Trump supporters don't own America nor patriotism nor loyalty to the country. Frankly, shame on you.

What's unAmerican is using their first amendment protections, pretending to be journalists, and constantly engaging in Democrat activism. THEY are the biggest danger to freedom of the press that exists, by abusing that freedom to push their preferred political agenda. You should be every bit as outraged at that as we are, for the damage they are doing to the blessed American institution of a free press, but you're not outraged because you like the outcome. That is unAmerican as well.

As usual, you guys accuse others of what you yourselves are guilty of.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The U.S. Mainstream Media is now starting to understand how their Anti-Trump/Anti-America stance makes them appear like traitors....

I sincerely doubt they are starting to understand that. They're so blinded in their pursuit of their political agenda they don't realize what damage they're doing.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

geese, What's with the triggered comments huh, ya get that from the 1950s or something?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

geese, What's with the triggered comments huh, ya get that from the 1950s or something?

Nah, I just like to see goobs like you try to pretend they aren't.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If ya'll want a chuckle, check out #WaPoDeathNotices, trending on Twitter.
Linky
Some examples:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What's a goob Mr. Namecaller. Just make that one up or ya got a link for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Google it, or did they not have that back in the 1950s?

You know how to use the internet right?

Don't goob on me now.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Fake Washington Post Wasn’t Fake News
It was parody.

I found this headline on a web search.
I clicked on it and found slate.com...

which states

On Wednesday morning, a fake Washington Post ran a fake front page with a fake news story titled “Unpresidented: Ending Crisis, Trump Hastily Departs White House.” The fake Washington Post was printed on real paper and has a real fake–Washington Post website, My-washingtonpost.com, with the same fake headline as the fake paper. The fake story was dated May 1, 2019, a date that hasn’t happened yet—also International Workers’ Day, a global day for labor demonstrations around the world.

It couldn’t have taken anyone more than a few minutes max to recognize that this newspaper and the website it referenced weren’t actually by the Washington Post. They were created by the left-leaning activist art troupe the Yes Men. It’s political parody—an imagining of what a different tomorrow in a different political reality would look like.

A brief search further found several other references to this parody headline as well as links to a number of other Phony Wapo headlines. Anyone interested in this angle to this thread?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's sad you even have to explain that. Then again, these are people who needed Snopes to fact check Babylon Bee

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Boy oh boy you are just full of insults this morning aren't you. Oh, could you be referring to Goober being a slang term for country folk as depicted on that Andy Griffin show? Are you defaming farmers here, or maybe simple Americans of back country mentality?

Would that make me goober scum or scummish goober...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join