It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard dust-up shows Democrats need to Dump the Clintons for Good!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

People who's bread and butter is war is exactly who we need in charge if we want to forever be at war.

There is no war we are in that needs a dedicated war machine.

We need to bring our troops home and stop wasting resources on pointless wars supplied by pointless old #. We could instead fortify our defenses and put more towards research and development.

The only thing war generals know how to do is play war games. No general ever will get us out of war. War is their passion. Wargamers that said screw board games let's do the real thing.

These people not only went to war, after experiencing it they decided they wanted more. In fact they wanted to make a life out of it. Think about that for a second.

Unless actively trying to conquer a nation in active war, or another nation is actively trying to conquer us in full scale war we don't need these people in charge.
edit on 10/27/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I can't say I disagree, to a point.

It's a bit of a "catch 22". It's not a good idea to wait until you need an overwhelming force, to think about creating one.

It's up to the executive branch to keep a strong grip on a short leash.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It seems we disagree on what are qualities sought after in a secdef. I want a civilian counterweight to institutionalized thinking that a long military career would bring.

While I like Gen. Mattis, I don't want retired generals serving as secdef. That's why we have the Joint Chiefs, to advise the Secretary.
I'd be on board with Gabbard because she is/was? Not sure if currently a reserve officer. So as I said previously she'll have a solid grasp on how things work, but still young and civilianized enough to acknowledge the flaws in our current beaurocracy that is smothering our military and causes tons of waste.

But I agree, the swamp creatures Obama put in that position were terrible choices.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You only need generals in charge when actively fighting a war, otherwise they'll seek a war. When in peacetime we need people who understand the horror's of war and wish to avoid it, not those who actively seek it and embrace it.

I don't consider in a war, unless war has actually been declared, or we are directly under assault as a nation.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

You only need generals in charge when actively fighting a war, otherwise they'll seek a war. When in peacetime we need people who understand the horror's of war and wish to avoid it, not those who actively seek it and embrace it.

I don't consider in a war, unless war has actually been declared, or we are directly under assault as a nation.

----------------
Well said.
The rotational assignments of generals in these costly, meaningless conflicts has put 2nd and 3rd stars on generals who never fight to win but are only looking not to lose too much. In the mean time we as a nation are spending precious blood and treasure in ancient conflicts where we don't belong.
--------------
The only thing I agree with Tulsi Gabbard on is her stated position against constant wars in the Middle East. And that position can change just as quickly as she changes her socks.
------------
A decade ago she would be viewed as a hair-on-fire far left liberal, and on many things the Hawaii Congress person is still there. She is a definite gun grabber and fully supports abortion through the second trimester. She is loosey goosey on immigration, supports taxing anything that will stand still to fund huge government and let's not forget she raised her hand along with every other DemocRat on the stage when asked if she supports extending free medical coverage to illegals.
"Tulsi has been given a 100% for her voting record and endorsed by the Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT lobby organization in the country."
She doesn't score points with me by being a avid supporter of their "movement".
-------------------
She did a nice knock down on HeelsUp during the 2nd debate and got slapped (figuratively) after by Kamie who went from 15% in the polls the first week of July to her present 5%. That was nice.

But Tulsi is a pretty face on a far left liberal who should NOT BE TRUSTED. She is one of the crowd in my opinion and media is trying to portray her as some sort of moderate which she is not and is never to be trusted.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes he was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join