It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota's New Mirai Could Run on a Single Cow's Poop for a Year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
I am curious about the response of this motor. Sure it is not intended for sports, but that is where many inventions come from. See Formula 1 and Ralley.

a reply to: Kromlech
"brand hate" is so juvenile.
The Japanese make amazing cars, sometimes.

If the hydrogen is burned to produce electricity for electric motors, performance should be great. Electric motors have tons of torque. Get-up-and-go will pin you to your seat.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So you would rather drive 400 miles, then have to stop and charge the car for several hours to go another 400 miles.....

Or 5 minutes to fill the tank and be back on the road....

400 miles is pretty good for electric cars right now, I just cant fathom having to take that large chunk of time to recharge.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
I am not a enemy of electric cars, I say use them where they are useful. I know about the positive things and like you say if it is produced renewable or used in city it is all good. Currently it just keeps emissions out of the city but being produced at other places like the power plants.

But on the more rural regions, the combustion engine still have the upper hand.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So you would rather drive 400 miles, then have to stop and charge the car for several hours to go another 400 miles.....

How about 45 minutes? You don't NEED several hours. The "range anxiety" issue has gone away for anyone paying attention. Besides which, how many people drive more than 400 miles a day? What do most people do? Drive to work and back 5 days a week. 400 miles is enough charge to do that and is no different than filling up a gas car at a filling station. Instead, you charge your ev at home at night when you sleep.

The EV doesn't have to solve everyone's problems all the time. It has to solve most people's problems most of the time.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I think the title is click bait but still it is an interesting story on Toyota's plans for their hydrogen powered vehicle.

Toyota has revealed its second-generation Mirai, a hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle coming in 2021, at the Tokyo auto show.

Toyota's chief technology officer says the Mirai's tech allows it to run on nothing but the the hydrogen sourced from one cow's poop for a year.

The company is currently building its first manure-powered fueling station in California. The Mirai's success depends on reliable fuel-cell infrastructure.

I hope this works as advertised as fuel cell technology seems to be the leader in alternate power supplies for ground transportation.

But the new space will allow for Toyota to increase the Mirai's already impressive fuel mileage. The new Mirai is targeted to be able to drive around 400 miles on a single full charge.

news.yahoo.com...

The key words are, 'The Mirai's success depends on reliable fuel-cell infrastructure.'

Many people think that Hydrogen is the way to go, while presently the problem is that the electric charging infrastructure has been rolling out pretty fast, whereas there are very few Hydrogen facilities, on top of that, even newer thinking is that Hydrogen should be used as a cheap, point power source, and to be able to charge electric cars off the grid!
Now, for all you rally drivers, driving an electric car is to have instant torque from a standstill, making acceleration a very dramatic experience...so perhaps that might just give electric cars the edge.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

BTW,
The Hyundai Tuscon is already available since 2014, it runs on Poop Hydrogen too.
www.fastcompany.com...
edit on 27-10-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join