It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41% of the global population is under 24 answers much of the unrest around the world IMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Full title is: About 41% of the global population are under 24. And they’re angry

This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... by Assassin82 got me to thinking about the civil unrest/disobedience in many countries... Then I found this article which IMO explains much of what we are seeing around the world.

A spate of large-scale street protests around the world, from Chile and Hong Kong to Lebanon and Barcelona, is fueling a search for common denominators and collective causes. Are we entering a new age of global revolution? Or is it foolish to try to link anger in India over the price of onions to pro-democracy demonstrations in Russia?

Each country’s protests differ in detail. But recent upheavals do appear to share one key factor: youth. In most cases, younger people are at the forefront of calls for change. The uprising that unexpectedly swept away Sudan’s ancien regime this year was essentially generational in nature.

I had not realized the demographics which explains much of the vigor and willingness to get out and raise hell for perceived injustices or for change.

There are more young people than ever before. About 41% of the global population of 7.7 billion is aged 24 or under. In Africa, 41% is under 15. In Asia and Latin America (where 65% of the world’s people live), it’s 25%. In developed countries, imbalances tilt the other way. While 16% of Europeans are under 15, about 18%, double the world average, are over 65.

If you take youth who can see no future, no jobs or a way to make money then IMO it is a strong motivator for change.... and they are willing to fight for change..

This global phenomenon of unfulfilled youthful aspirations is producing political timebombs. Each month in India, one million people turn 18 and can register to vote. In the Middle East and North Africa, an estimated 27 million youngsters will enter the workforce in the next five years. Any government, elected or not, that fails to provide jobs, decent wages and housing faces big trouble.

Plus with the internet people can organize like never before or just read stuff about their situation that frankly pisses them off !!
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
100-41 last time I checked equals 59. I get their eyes are full of rain but rain seldom kills anyone. Let them cry their eyes out. Get it all out and get over it. Tears eventually dry and reality sets in.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes , little spoiled angry bird chickadees.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Kids are idiots. That’s why the do stupid things like protest and pierce their nipples. Eventually they grow up.

edit on 2019/10/27 by Metallicus because: Ap

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Kids are idealists...your cynicism is showing your age.

Say it with me;" Get of my damn lawn!!!"

Peace
edit on 27-10-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

You forgot to shake your fist...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Full title is: About 41% of the global population are under 24. And they’re angry

This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... by Assassin82 got me to thinking about the civil unrest/disobedience in many countries...

Surely that figure of 41% should actually be a lot lower? when it is taken

into consideration that many of those would be under 16yrs

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I can see why the youth of today are angry and want to revolt, and with the way the corrupt governments, corporations and banks behave I can't blame them. Hell I feel the same way. What the youth of today are not seeing, is a bigger picture where they are also being manipulated by those they want to revolt against, to make them riot, and who need the chaos and disruption to occur in order to roll out the strict authoritarian measures of a new world order, which has been the goal since before this youth demographic was born.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Most of the faces I see at these protests appear to be older and in some cases much older than 24....the under 24 year olds have their noses in their phones...just an observation

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

I can see why the youth of today are angry and want to revolt, and with the way the corrupt governments, corporations and banks behave I can't blame them. Hell I feel the same way. What the youth of today are not seeing, is a bigger picture where they are also being manipulated by those they want to revolt against, to make them riot, and who need the chaos and disruption to occur in order to roll out the strict authoritarian measures of a new world order, which has been the goal since before this youth demographic was born.

It certainly doesn't help when the whole " I've got my share of the pie and I earned it" crowd muddies the waters.

It does my head in when that crowd carries on as if they are being blamed for this mess. When the 1% are being called out generally it's not the average self made millionaire that is being lambasted it's the generational owners in the spotlight, the ones that use others to remain in the ruling class, the ones that never mix with the unwashed masses. I'm somewhat perplexed as to how that distinction is difficult to grasp.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Except the countries that protest every last little thing, and which take offense at absolutely everything, are mostly western countries with aging populations.

There are more campus riots in America than there has been any time since vietnam, but the population is older than ever before. he if you look at places like Europe a lot of the unrest is caused by thing like poverty and immigration, not population age. You don't see many millennial campaigning against immigration.
edit on 27-10-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
LOL I remember my father RIP any time my mother or his children would complain he would sing "I didn't promise you a rose garden" LOL.

Much of the protests are like Hong Kong are legit and against corrupt governments etc. but not gonna compare that to the angst of the youth of today in the US. The criteria for getting jobs have always been fluid and subject to change. Here is the south we used to have furniture factories, carpet mills, and other blue-collar jobs that have virtually all dried up, but if you are willing to go to a trade school or train for the health care field, for example, you can find good work. Is it ideal ? of course not we are looking at drastic changes in the industry I've worked for 30 years. So much so we are looking to diversify or find something completely different altogether. LOL and business has been good the last few years but it just doesn't feel sustainable. We are seein a substantial percentage of business gobbled up by the internet along with an influx of direct from the manufacturer sales, that's changing the whole dynamics. So in my mid 50's in the best economy, I've seen in years, we still need to reinvent ourselves or be swallowed up. In other words that security is always fleeting, not just for the young entering the job market. Hell look at retail, in general, it's completely changed in 10-15 years, Malls are closings, big long term brands are shutting down. That said doesn't mean there isn't new opportunities even for an old sales rep just got to be flexible.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
A bit sensational, how it is written. From a statistical standpoint, this was the case every year since we started measure-estimating the world population. If the population grows, there has to be more young people than old and the number has to be higher each year.

It is logic that for example if you accelerate you are always faster than before.

edit on 27-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: wee = we

new topics

top topics

join