It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Minority Report" coming soon to a police district near you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wow...this is unreal. If you haven't either watched the movie or read the book "Minority Report" don't worry. It's coming soon to your local police district near you. It will be passed under the false narrative of "detecting potential mass shooters". AKA....expanding the illegal mass surveillance of US citizens.

Which proves my theory Edward Snowden is and has always been nothing more that a liar. He used the "mass surveillance drop" as nothing more than cover for his real crimes. Snowden is a complete fraud and is either a Russian agent, Chinese agent...or both.

My point being that if what Snowden dropped was of such great magnitude and importance then we wouldn't be reading about new legislation such as this where mass surveillance will be expanded into every facet of our lives. All the way down to "local groups" aka...your neighbors who report you for acting "off" one day will now be cause for the local PD to gain access to your electronic footprint as a means to "predict a potential future crime".

SOURCE: www.mintpressnews.com...

Last Wednesday, U.S. Attorney General William Barr issued a memorandum to all U.S. attorneys, law enforcement agencies and top ranking Justice Department officials announcing the imminent implementation of a new “national disruption and early engagement program” aimed at detecting potential mass shooters before they commit any crime.

This is disconcerting to read as well.

Barr has spearheaded numerous efforts to this end, including pushing for a government backdoor into consumer apps or devices that utilize encryption and for a dramatic increase of long-standing yet controversial warrantless electronic surveillance programs.

Link to Memo to US District Attorneys: www.documentcloud.org...

edit on 26-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

This has actually been in the works for years and trial tests in some major cities.

Police Twitter bots will trawl social media to predict where hate crimes will break out in UK
- The trial of artificial intelligence is due to be launched from October 31.
- It will recognise tweets deemed antagonistic over religion, ethnicity or race.
- Then it will map the location hate posts are sent from to allow early intervention.

From Sept 23, 2016

Cops could start using Twitter to prevent hate crimes

Beginning in January, researchers from the California-based RAND Corporation and Cardiff University in the United Kingdom will begin monitoring millions of tweets in an attempt to find indicators and patterns that a victim is about to be targeted due to their race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion. The project, funded by $600,000 from the U.S. Department of Justice, will then compare that data to reported hate crimes in Los Angeles County to see if there’s any relationship.

Socia l media algorithm could predict and prevent hate crime

Data from Cardiff University’s HateLab project showed that as the number of “hate tweets” made from one location increased, so did the number of racially and religiously aggravated crimes in the real world – including violence, harassment and criminal damage.

Director of HateLab professor Matthew Williams said: “This is the first UK study to demonstrate a consistent link between Twitter hate speech targeting race and religion and racially and religiously aggravated offences that happen offline.

Computer scientists developed artificial intelligence to find 294,361 “hateful” Twitter posts during an eight-month period between August 2013 and August 2014.

From 2016
Can racist tweets help predict hate crimes? L.A. is about to find out

The British researchers are building a completely new hate speech algorithm designed specifically for Los Angeles. They said that’s necessary because of the linguistic and cultural difference between L.A. and London.

There was a trial run of this AI software earlier this year and last year with LAPD and there was an article saying the software still needed tweaking due to excessive false positives. I know LAPD started working with Palantir back in 2011 on developing crime prediction algos.

So, assume new & improved tweaked algos and now going to test on UK citizens.

Minority Report, Phillip K Dick, Thought police and Red Flag Laws are coming... prep for Round-up.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Yes, you are correct and Barr references these systems (indirectly) in his memo. This is the final push for a mass deployment.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
NWO1984 a-go-go 😎

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
NP
edit on 26-10-2019 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ssri drugs are almost always a factor in mass shootings lately

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Looks like Barr has more to do with this than Snowden.

This is nothing new though. Social media platforms have been dug through for some time.

Local police agencies use stingray devices to intercept cell communication.

And we all know about the NSA.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

So, I shouldn't hand out my extras on Halloween.?

kidding.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The Bavarian Polizei uses a system like that for years now. It is called PRECOBS and has been news here and there over the years.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Another objective detailed look.

I've always said it was the Republicans who would bring the true gun control proposal to the table. There it is in black and white.

All this recent talk of Civil War ... the speakers may have confused the term with Revolution. The government certainly is NOT on the side of a hundred million gun owners. They know they're gonna have to go house-to-house. Well ... not in my neighborhood!!

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
People have been screaming for the govt to do "something", well there you go kiddos ask and ye shall receive.

Also the fed isn't going to go door to door, give it another generation of programing and people will turn in their guns voluntarily.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
People have been screaming for the govt to do "something", well there you go kiddos ask and ye shall receive.

Also the fed isn't going to go door to door, give it another generation of programing and people will turn in their guns voluntarily.

Look to the cartoons, if your theory is right thats where it starts.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

The Bavarian Polizei uses a system like that for years now. It is called PRECOBS and has been news here and there over the years.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thats very in your face-In Minority Report the three modified telepathic humans who detect the pre crime are called "PRECOGS"(pre cognition I assume).

Although that was the part of the film they got wrong-In real life it is AI which does the job of the movies precogs.
edit on 27/10/2019 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I would agree there is probably a corelation there that helps set them up to be more receptive as they hit the public school programing cycle.

ETA: me and the wife made the choice for our son to cut his teeth on a more old school cartoon system... which is still programming but it at least lends itself to a more independent minded thinking in my opinion.

(Bugs, Daffy, Tom and jerry etc)
edit on 27-10-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

What does this have to do with Snowden and why do you claim he is a “fraud”? Not understanding your theory

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It would be easy to communicate securely and throw a big monkey wrench into the works by using mundane conversations that have totally different meanings.

Examples:

A conversation about the weather could be about the activities of different political factions.

Talking about a sick relative could be about issues with law enforcement.

Etc.

It's like how street talk is used for illegal activities. Back in the day, when I'd be talking to a friend to acquire a certain quantity of contraband, I was buying firewood by the rik, half-cord and cord (That contraband is now legal in the state of Michigan).
edit on 27-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

edit on 27-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not a bad idea I reckon the old school cartoons are not as invasive to the mind.

I've taken the stance of no screen at all during school weeks and as a result my 9 year old is interested in reading and now reads everyday, the change in him since I cut the screen time down is incredible. Interestingly I did this for my own sanity as I got sick of him asking constantly to play his iPad or watch tv.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Soon as we are in a slightly better place financially me and the wife are going to start martial arts, bring the boy to every class we go to.

So hopefully when he is old enough to start, he will be interested in doing what mom and dad do, we are also planning to expose him to music as well since he seems to really get into it right now.

With any luck he will be more interested in doing things than playing on the computer or ipad all day.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That's the way to do it, I play the guitar and the boy is showing interest, also I keep him busy, every week there is soccer, tennis and swimming, so that takes care of 3 days a week.

All we can do is guide them in the right direction and hope they choose a good path.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join