It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed: US special forces raid has captured or killed Al Baghdadi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That's why I want Barr/Durham/Huber/Horowitz to hurry up and start showing Democrats what happens to REAL criminals.

Their little Quid-Quo-Pro accusation is puny by comparison to what everyone is about to see from the Department of Justice.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Hasn't this happened like 6 times already? I swear this guy has been killed multiple times! I'm not trying to make this a "mandella effect" thing but damn.
edit on 26-10-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Brilliant strategy.

U.S. announces a full withdrawal.

Then U.S. forces double back after al-baghdadi is comfortable. 😃

You mean he came outside to take a deep breath and inhaled a grenade?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Brilliant strategy.

Exactly.

Good acting too President Trump.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We're not..just collect our cotton

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I hope he ends up being captured, and not dead. I bet he has some good dirt to spew.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Hasn't this happened like 6 times already? I swear this guy has been killed multiple times! I'm not trying to make this a "mandella effect" thing but damn.

Well, that was most certainly true with bin Laden.

There was dead, mostly dead, and officially dead,
and dead and dumped at sea.

Then there was dead and the proof was the faked
staged situation room with Hillary and Obama.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
More articles saying DEAD than CAPTURED so far.

He's Dead Jim: twitter.com...

Dead - then captured would be kind of a let down I'd think?

No?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I #ing cant stand Liberals.

Anything this #ing man does is bad.

In the past 3 years I literally never saw any good articles on Trump in CNN ABC CBS NBC news its insane

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hasn't this happened like 6 times already?

I think this is because no one knows who the SUPREME leader of ISIS is. There are lots of "leaders", spread over several countries. At least one "ISIS Leader" seems to be killed every 6 months or so.

Because they don't have easy to remember names, like Osama Bin-Laden, it's hard to know if its someone different each time there's breaking news of an ISIS leader being snuffed out or captured.

Who'd remember to Google "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi" the next time we hear of an ISIS leader being killed/captured, to see if its the same guy from October 2019?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

More articles saying DEAD than CAPTURED so far.

He's Dead Jim: twitter.com...

Dead - then captured would be kind of a let down I'd think?

No?

"Captured" would be intentional, to gain important information from the terrorist.

Don't believe for one moment that the U.S. is now using feathers to tickle these evil men until they talk.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Brilliant strategy.

So comparing the timeline, that seems to be true. The announcement of Syrian withdrawal and Trump's approval of the operation appear to have happened very close in time.

I'll say that during the course of the week, I thought it was strange seeing all of the images of equipment we abandoned during the withdrawal.

This really may have been a ruse.

Impressed, if true.

Oct. 13, 2019...Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper said Sunday that President Trump ordered a withdrawal of American forces from northern Syria...

Link.

And from the Newsweek article:

President Donald Trump approved the mission nearly a week before it took place.

edit on 26-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It's hard to capture or kill a man that doesn't exist beyond paper. We're chasing "convenient enemies"

I won't post them but...Who believes any of the old beheading vids we're real? Not me.

Who on earth sits calmly and awaits their beheading..No one, we'd all fight to the death because that's the endgame anyway.

Back to the OP's point...ISIS can't be defeated..because their not real.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Agreed, bin Laden was used as a bogeyman
for a long time. Hence his many deaths.

ISIS being a new bogeyman on Obama's
watch I have always been skeptical.

I will say though, there is much we do
not know about and Islamic extremists
are alive and well.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, his Wikipedia page is already giving his date of death as Oct. 26, 2019.

On 26 October 2019, Baghdadi was reportedly killed after a United States special operations raid in Syria's northwestern Idlib provience.[14] President Donald Trump approved the secret mission a week before it took place.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I remember news correspondent Daniel Pearl fighting hard, before and during the decapitation process. It shocked the world, but President Bush didn't bomb the bastards.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Someone will come along and change that Wiki entry to remove President Trump's name. That's the most annoying thing about Wikipedia.

It seems liberals have access to every page at the site, and spend their days scouring, and finding ways to minimize the significant progress President Trump is making on so many fronts.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yes. Their are "Extremists" that hate our country to the core.

However...they can't reach US soil.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The ME is completely defunct, we tried to "tame" them and failed. I suppose guarding "our" Oil fields was in our best interest at the time. It didn't work.. Get out, stay out and send our kids home.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Hasn't this happened like 6 times already?

I think this is because no one knows who the SUPREME leader of ISIS is. There are lots of "leaders", spread over several countries. At least one "ISIS Leader" seems to be killed every 6 months or so.

Because they don't have easy to remember names, like Osama Bin-Laden, it's hard to know if its someone different each time there's breaking news of an ISIS leader being snuffed out or captured.

Who'd remember to Google "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi" the next time we hear of an ISIS leader being killed/captured, to see if its the same guy from October 2019?

And then to top that off. There is always at least 2 ways to pronounce their name.

Then there is this:

Reports of death, bodily harm, and arrest

According to media reports, al-Baghdadi was wounded on 18 March 2015 during a coalition airstrike on the al-Baaj District, in the Nineveh Governorate, near the Syrian border. His wounds were apparently so serious that the top ISIL leaders had a meeting to discuss who would replace him if he died. According to reports, by 22 April al-Baghdadi had not yet recovered enough from his injuries to resume daily control of ISIL.[125] The U.S. Department of Defense said that al-Baghdadi had not been the target of the airstrikes, and "we have no reason to believe it was Baghdadi."[126] On 22 April 2015, Iraqi government sources reported that Abu Ala al-Afri, the self-proclaimed caliph's deputy and a former Iraqi physics teacher, had been installed as the stand-in leader while Baghdadi recuperated from his injuries.[127]

April 2015: The Guardian reported that al-Baghdadi was recovering from the severe injuries which he had received during the airstrike on 18 March 2015, in a part of Mosul. It was also reported that a spinal injury which had left him paralyzed meant that he might never be able to fully resume direct command of ISIL.[128] By 13 May, ISIL fighters had warned they would retaliate for al-Baghdadi's injury, which the Iraqi Defense Ministry believed would be carried out through attacks in Europe.

20 July 2015: The New York Times wrote that rumors that al-Baghdadi had been killed or injured earlier in the year had been "dispelled".[129]

11 October 2015: the Iraqi air force claimed to have bombed al-Baghdadi's convoy in the western Anbar province close to the Syrian border while he was heading to Al-Karābilah to attend an ISIL meeting, the location of which was also said to be bombed. His fate was not immediately confirmed.[130] There was some subsequent speculation that he may not have been present in the convoy at all.[131]

9 June 2016: Iraqi State TV claimed that al-Baghdadi had been wounded in a U.S. airstrike in Northern Iraq. Coalition spokesmen said they could not confirm the reports.[132]

14 June 2016: several Middle Eastern media outlets claimed that al-Baghdadi had been killed in a U.S. airstrike in Raqqa on 12 June. Coalition spokesmen said they could not confirm the reports.[133][134] The Independent however, later stated that these reports of Baghdadi's death were based on a digitally altered image claiming to be a media statement from ISIL.[135]

3 October 2016: Various media outlets claimed that al-Baghdadi and 3 senior ISIL leaders were poisoned by an assassin but still alive.[136]

18 April 2017: some media reported that al-Baghdadi was arrested in Syria. Citing the European Department for Security and Information (DESI), several media outlets reported that al-Baghdadi was apprehended by Syrian and Russian joint forces.[137][138][139] However, the Russian Foreign Ministry told Rudaw they did not have knowledge of the news and were not aware of his arrest.[140]

11 June 2017: Syrian state TV claimed al-Baghdadi had been killed in the artillery strike that was backed by the U.S.[141]

16 June 2017: Russian media reported that al-Baghdadi might have been killed in a Russian air strike near Raqqa, Syria on 28 May[142][143] along with 30 mid-level ISIL leaders and 300 other fighters. The Russian claims to have killed 330 ISIL fighters including Baghdadi did not match reports from Raqqa Is Being Slaughtered Silently and Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), which found 17 or 18 civilian deaths and possibly 10 ISIL fighter deaths from an airstrike against buses south of Raqqa on May 28.[144] The United States cast doubt on the claim, noting a lack of independent evidence.[145][146]

23 June 2017: Russian politician Viktor Ozerov stated that al-Baghdadi's death was almost "100% certain."[147] Iran later claimed to confirm Russia's claim that Al-Baghdadi was killed in an airstrike.[148]

29 June 2017: The Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), the Iranian government's official media, published an article quoting a representative for Iranian leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to the Quds Force, stating that al-Baghdadi was "definitely dead". IRNA removed this quotation in an updated version of this article.[149]

11 July 2017: Iraqi news agency Al Sumaria stated on its website that ISIL had circulated a brief statement in Tal Afar that Baghdadi was dead.[150] The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights claimed it had "confirmed information" of his death.[151] The U.S. Department of Defense stated it was trying to confirm the new reports of his death.[152] The Kurdish counter-terrorism official Lahur Talabany told Reuters he was "99 percent" sure Baghdadi was alive and hiding in Raqqa.[153] The search was reported to still be ongoing by The Guardian in January 2018.[154]

28 July 2017: Drone expert and former intelligence soldier Brett Velicovich, described multiple covert missions[155] in which his special operations team led the hunt for al-Baghdadi immediately after they killed his predecessor, Abu Umar al-Baghdadi in April 2011. One of those missions described an opportunity to capture al-Baghdadi when he was discovered via drone meeting ISIL associates in downtown Baghdad ⁠— ⁠a mission that was ultimately delayed due to State Department rules of engagement at the time.[156][157] Velicovich was further questioned by Fox News about the reports of al-Baghdadi's death after a Russian government claim of having killed him in Syria, during which Velicovich stated that he didn't believe the claims and if he was dead the U.S. Government would have announced it.[158]

23 August 2018: Al-Furqan, an ISIL media outlet, released an audio statement "Glad Tidings to the Steadfast" on the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice). The statement was made by Baghdadi, ending the speculation about his purported death.[159]

29 April 2019: A video emerged of Baghdadi on ISIS's media network Al Furqan praising the perpetrators of the 2019 Sri Lanka Easter bombings.[160]

27 October 2019: Baghdadi is targeted in a United States special forces operation in northern Syria, and presumed dead with high confidence.[2]

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

edit on 26-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: grammer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join