It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man looks to Florida's massive iguana population for exotic meat company, and business is booming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have had squid, eel, alligator, frog, rattle snake, and turtle. Like any protein, they can develop an unpleasant texture when overcooked. I imagine iguana to be no different. Squid and eel taste and texture were very similar to me. Frog, snake, and alligator also were similar but less fishy tasting than squid and eel - which were not overly fishy tasting to begin with. Turtle has a more unique taste, more gamey. I was ok with it, but I can understand why some may not like it.

Note: If snake or fish is moving when you cook it, it could be muscle fibres reacting to the heat but is more likely parasites. Exercise caution.

I don't know how much meat you can get off of an iguana, but it doesn't seem like it would be much. I can't imagine them being farmed for meat. I think hunting them as an invasive species is about the only way the venture would be profitable.

Now, if someone could find a way to remove the stigma from rat meat, I am sure many thriving businesses could develop overnight in target rich environments like most democrat strongholds. I doubt I would be a strong supporter of that product, but it beats their soylent green agenda all to hell...
edit on 27-10-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe tastes good?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
a reply to: putnam6

Wall of Voo Doo Mexican Radio is just awesome... In a way like Blinded Me With Science is awesome...

So different from everything, weird and funk-kay

I love that song... it was the BBQ Iggy line that did it..

LOL definitely grew up with MTV, and that funky electro synthesizer was everywhere. Those songs were played 24/7 and got drilled into my brain.
Can't remember the complete periodic table but damn those early 80's song lyrics stuck

Like any exotic meat, its got to be prepared and cooked right to taste good, reptile especially. I've had alligator that tasted fantastic fried into gator nuggets and I have had gator that was the stringiest swampy tasting meat every, overcooked and underprepared and flavored. Id imagine it would be lke squirrel in that you had better soak it in vinager first and cook it delicately. Like frog legs prepared right they are awesome
edit on 28-10-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Wow, your right on all points. Love it.

We soaked our Squirrel in water and salt, which worked well, just change the water... Squirrel is funky.

Made them taste like rabbit.

Neither are like chicken.

Man, I love Rabbit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join