It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mouse who went on shore leave.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
One morning after a family party my grandpa went to the bathroom, and he claimed he saw a white mouse strolling through the corridor.

Everybody laughed and said it was too much booze.

Why do people always say this? I've never seen "pink elephants", "flying pigs" or "white mice" when drunk. As it turned out, my pet mouse did actually get loose.

That morning before school I saw it running under my bed, and just as I coaxed it out, mom pounced, trying to catch it.
But then it really got spooked and ran off like lightning, and mom freaked out and jumped on the bed in her high-heels.

Luckily, I read in this book, just leave the open cage on the floor in a quiet place and the mouse will come back. And, when I checked that evening, the mouse was back, snugly sleeping in its little house. It just went on a bit of an outing.

Although I could swear, the none-domesticated mice (which one hardly ever sees, although one US researcher allegedly claimed in any room you're only five meters away from one), when I did spot one seemed to have whitish fur from that point.

Score mousey!
The mouse who went on "shore-leave".
edit on 26-10-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Cute story.

Reminds me of when I had a white mouse escape. I was a kid and my Mom was freaking out that 'the damned thing was loose again! A whole week went by and no mousy to be found anywhere. I was heartbroken. Then one day our neighbor from downstairs said he saw a mouse but it was grey, not white. It had fallen through a pipe I guess and ended up in the cellar.

I ran down and left his favorite food and some water and it didn't take long for it to appear. It was my white mouse, only he was grey and dusty with spider webs in his whisker. I was so happy and relieved and I'm sure he was too.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What initially inspired this story?

In 1976 Pink Floyd organized a photo-shoot of a massive, helium inflated pig for the cover of their bitterly satirical album "Animals". However the piggie got loose and floated up to 1500 meters into the sky, eventually disrupting airline traffic, and even had the air-force chasing after it. One pilot who claimed to have seen a massive flying pig was given a breathalyzer test, before news of the incident had spread.

Just because you see something out of place, like a white mouse in a corridor, or a massive flying pig, doesn't mean it's not there.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I don't know about pet mice, housemice, etc.

But I know roadmouse.

Stupid ol' roadmouse. He's got a dull, dusty, grey coat and a regular tail and he waits by the side of the road at night (except in Lazycat's Hollow) until I drive by in the car with the headlamps on. (It is night, remember.) He runs out into the flood of light, and at first I imagined his line of thinking for this action was that my headlamps were daylight.

Sometimes roadmouse is plenty fast to make it across the lane but lots of the time I crush him. Sometimes, I can *just barely* hear and feel the crunching of his stupid little bones. But: roadmouse has many bodies but one spirit. (Deus ex machina to the rescue!)

It is for this reason that I surmised that roadmouse is a karmic pickpocket of sorts. Through cunning, he makes drivers kill him - but it really only hurts the killer. Roadmouse may have learned that bit from Jesus, or vise versa. Then he comes back to earth in a new roadmouse body to do it all over again, night after night.

What came first, Jesus or roadmouse?
edit on 10/28/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Funny, I wrote a story about a mouse.

And now all my YouTube videos start with pet food adverts.

I know, there's worse things happening on the planet.

Just thought I'd mention it.

top topics

join