It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: Nintendo/Apple merger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would love to see Nintendo/Apple merge. The two are beginning to resemble each other in many ways.

The way I see it is both are carving out niches for themselves within their own respective industries. Each also have very dedicated and loyal fan bases. Each also has their own figureheads who command their own Reality Distortion Fields: Miyamoto for Nintendo and Jobs for Apple (although, admittedly, Jobs' RDF is far worse than Miyamoto's.) Satoru, Nintendo's president, also has a Reality Distortion Field, but it's not nearly as big as Miyamoto's.

The only problem is that the hardware designs of both companies are quite different from each other. Nintendo's are far more oriented towards practicality and durability, but they still look nice. Apple's designs are far more aesthetically pleasing, though they're often still more reliable than their Wintel counterparts. I can't imagine it, but it'd be interesting to see what the melding of their designs would look like.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can't stand Apples, but I love Nintendo. Personally I'd be scared to see such a merger. Apple knows virtually nothing of gaming, which is were Nintendo belongs. Anyhow the main reason Nintendo is so great is that it's independant. Nintendo doesn't take orders from any other company, therefore it has it's own style. If they merged with Apple you could kiss that individuality goodby.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I can't stand Apples, but I love Nintendo. Personally I'd be scared to see such a merger. Apple knows virtually nothing of gaming, which is were Nintendo belongs. Anyhow the main reason Nintendo is so great is that it's independant. Nintendo doesn't take orders from any other company, therefore it has it's own style. If they merged with Apple you could kiss that individuality goodby.
All these things could also be said of Apple as well. Most of what Apple does in the computer industry is very innovative (like Nintendo), and that only comes from independence. I don't think either would lose their independence in anyway from such a merger, since it was that very independence that has made them who they are today. What I think would happen is that both companies would do what they can to learn from each other, and apply that experience to their particular niche.

That said, a merger between the two companies would be a sign of the end times. I've never heard of a merger between an American and a Japanese company before, and I doubt that they would be the first to do so.

Also, what do you have against Apple? They make good hardware and software. Mac OSX is technically superior to Windows in so many ways.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Let's put it this way, I've had some bad expiriences with Mac's, including OSX.

Anyhow a merger isn't my idea of retaining independance. Apple and Nintendo are two totally different companies. I wouldn't want to see Apple influence Nintendo or vice versa. And as a sidenote you'll find I'm against most large mergers as lot's of people tend to get laidoff.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yes, you take one paper weight an merge it with another paper weight, the Super Paper weight! Thats all Apples/Nintendo GCs are, fancy expensive paper weights. If you want a good computer go with Dell, Alien Ware, Condor 64, you know, computers better then Aplles/Macs, and for game systems go with Xbox, PS line, regular nintendo, Atari, you know, game systems with better games/graphics then the GC.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Yes, you take one paper weight an merge it with another paper weight, the Super Paper weight! Thats all Apples/Nintendo GCs are, fancy expensive paper weights. If you want a good computer go with Dell, Alien Ware, Condor 64, you know, computers better then Aplles/Macs, and for game systems go with Xbox, PS line, regular nintendo, Atari, you know, game systems with better games/graphics then the GC.
Are you the president of Trolls International or what? Do you feel your purpose in life is to berate Nintendo/Apple fans or something? Lay off it, will you?! I already understand that you don't like Nintendo or Apple, and I don't really care. I don't understand why you're going out of your way just to insult us. I don't like Microsoft or most of their products, including the XBox, but I don't go around insulting people who do.

Grow up, you spoiled little brat.

Originally posted by cyberdude78

As I've said, something like this is likely to never happen. Also, I was more thinking of the ideal merger where neither company loses anybody, and the point of the merger would be so that one company's strength will cancel out the other company's weakness. Of course, nothing like this happens, and realistically, I wouldn't want this to happen. I just wondered about what the combination of the two different companies would bring.

[edit on 3/8/2005 by supercheetah]

new topics

top topics

join