It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Moment A Motorcyclist Speeding At 170mph Crashes When A BMW Pulls In Front Of Him Without

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This is the terrifying moment a motorcyclist crashed into a car at almost 180 miles per hour.

The bike, which was covering a staggering three miles every minute, was filmed on a highway outside the Lithuanian capital Vilnius.

The rider had a camera attached to his helmet which showed the speedometer rising to 280km/h - which works out at 170 miles per hour.

Terrifying Moment A motorcyclist Speeding At 170mph Crashes When A BMW Pulls In Front Of Him Without Indicating.

Talk about luck of the devil???!!!

Not many people manage to hit things at 170Mph and live to tell the tale, never mind another vehicle.
edit on 26-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Damn, that guy's really lucky. Though, from what I could tell from the video, he swerved into the left lane behind the BMW. He was in the right lane at the start and it kinda looked like he was paying more attention it the speedometer than the road.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Pay as much attention as you like, but at that kind of speed, your reaction time and stopping distance are what will get you i imagine.

Anybody doing 170+mph on a public highway is dicing with death, theses, and other peoples.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Stupid people occasionally die as a result of their stupidity.

Next time he might die ...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow , he better run to the store and buy a lottery ticket too.

thats some luck.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
BMW pulls in front of him?

Headline should read:
Absolute # who was driving Reckless, crashes bike into the back of a sensible driver and lives.

What is "lucky" is this potato brain never crashed into pedestrians.

edit on 26-10-2019 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Oct 26 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

True dat, but if a crash like that doesn't teach you a lesson nor illustrate the point, not much will i suppose.

Next time a lot of people might die.

I would ban him for life, for his own sake and others.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Wow! 😱
The fastest I've ever ridden myself was years ago on CBR1100, early hours of the morning, no speed or ANPR cameras back then and the police had crap cars so it was possible to lose them lol...I clocked 165mph before the M4 motorway seemed like a bendy country lane and I bottled it.
I wouldn't dare do it now, I was young and invincible in my mind, but it was amazing fun, and if I could live it again by some time machine body swap thing, I would definitely do it again...pure rush!
Cool vid 👍

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Bikes were never my thing, preferred cars, can see the appeal all the same, but not at that speed on public roads.

Been on the back of my pal's Honda many, many, moons ago, doing about 80-100Mph on the backcountry roads and just about shat ma breeks. LoL

I mean one wrong turn or missed corner and you were apt to land in the farmer's hedge, and that's if you were lucky.

Amazing yes, stupid, undoubtedly so, but you're only invincible......until you are not.

It was a cool vid i suppose, glad it ended relatively well, but how did the bike fair is what i would like to know? LoL

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And this is why I switched back to KTM dirt bikes.
My last bike did 116mph in first gear. It's way too much fun doing 200.
Might as well unplug a couple spark plugs if you are going to go under 100, they don't even run right till you break 100mph.
It's like straddling a missle. Nothing like it, but keep the 100 plus stuff on the track, don't be an organ donor.
People's eyes are trained to scan for car sized, double headlights and they don't even register bikes. They will pull right into you while looking directly at you. Just expect they have their eyes closed to stay safe.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: dug88

Pay as much attention as you like, but at that kind of speed, your reaction time and stopping distance are what will get you i imagine.

Anybody doing 170+mph on a public highway is dicing with death, theses, and other peoples.

Play stupid games, get an award, these days.. Oo

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Aye, probably a right a good few points on his licence as well all the same, if not a ban which should be in the post.

Chances are he won't be sitting down right for a week anyhow. LoL

I hope that ground gave him a right good spanking.

Hopefully, he's learned that speed does not just equal distance over time, but also splat!

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This person is nothing but a danger to himself and everyone else on the road. Plus, nobody pulled out in front of him. The guy was traveling a mile every 20 seconds, which means the BMW probably never seen him in the first place.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It appears we have a new candidate for Darwin award of the year.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

compelled to note :

darwin awards require the death of the idiot

the darwin award website does however have an " honourable mentions " categpry - for idiots who would have been darwin awards if the in-fact died

darwin honourables

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well having rode motorcycles all my life I can clearly see what happened and if you all want to open your eyes you'll see it as well. For a start only a complete idiot wears a helmet cam, simply because it records what you are looking at and as the police have a legal right to view your footage, if like this guy looking at his speedo while breaking the speed limit he's just convicted himself.
Now look at the video. The guy is more interested in his speed than looking at the road in front of him. The BMW pulled in front of him??? Naah, there is no where for the BMW to pull out of as you can clearly see there is no junction. The video shows a completely straight road.
So I'll tell you what happened. The guy on the bike was more concerned with getting the max out of his bike and in doing so was concentrating more on his speedo than the road, he looks up just in time to see the BMW but too late to avoid it. If you look at the video if he had looked at the road, like what he should have, he could have missed the car by a mile. Idiot is as idiot does.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So who was at fault?

The car driver who probably did not appreciate the biker was going so fast, or the biker who was putting his life at risk?

He was lucky to survive at such speed.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

My monies on the dude going 170+ mph.

I mean even if the other person's vehicle is at fault i don't imagine you have the time to do much about it, or even to notice the danger.

Lucy to survive indeed.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

compelled to note :

darwin awards require the death of the idiot

the darwin award website does however have an " honourable mentions " categpry - for idiots who would have been darwin awards if the in-fact died

darwin honourables

Thanks I forgot you had to die in the act of stupidity so like you said maybe an honorable mention. He almost made it, not much bragging rights in that though.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Complete idiot that should have his license revoked for life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join