It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Task Force Intercepts Seven Pounds of Meth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: gallop

No the harm from heroin is the physical dependency...it makes you physically ill and doesn't take a whole lot to get you there. Meth on the other hand literally rots your body with very rapid aging effects basically...just saying. And I'm not even against drugs I just think some are way worse for you than others lol.

What is the harm of that addiction, if it is available, of a known purity and cost effective? With the option of health care to help with getting off it.

Certainly not as harmful as being illegal, of unknown quality, and priced to line the pockets of criminals who don't care if you're ruining your life. Where in order to feed that craving, some people are forced into crime, without help, no recourse.. Seemingly no way out.

I have known heroin addicts who have lived completely normal lives. Well educated, employed and functional. I'd rather see that, than the fragile wasted junkie begging for a fix or stealing in opportunity. Those that I've known who were the latter, well most are dead. But had never really lived.

They will exist in one way or another, regardless.. but those without the means to find their own path, will continue to be the burden that the rest of us see, I suppose. Statistics.

... and just for the record, I don't know how anyone gets addicted to heroin. Personally, it's a horrible experience.

Meth on the other hand... that demon has no reluctance to grab you in it's claws... But still, it is not with the use of the thing, but the ABuse of it.

the wasted, rotted things you describe, are from ABuse... in which again the majority of the blame lies with prohibition, creating a subversive environment in which people are forced to exist.

One thing is for certain.. there will never be a time when humans do not seek recreation with chemicals, natural or created.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You lost me at option for healthcare to get off it...if you meant that the junkie pays for sure...that taxes pay for...no! Aside from that the percentage of those that can function in a normal life and do heron that I've met is very very low. I would also bet if we could find some unbias peer reviewed stats you'd also find that percentage very very low. Again though...im all for making them legal I would rather not see tax dollars wasted on it at all...let it pay taxes too and ease my burden rather than I pay taxes to support others life choices.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

OMG, flash back of walking into the Sears restroom occupied by one of our local tweetie birds "lost" in the mirror. Absolute horror movie.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Meth on the other hand literally rots your body with very rapid aging effects basically...just saying.

I don't think meth within its self does that. I mean, it was legal up until 1970's and didn't have all the problems associated with it today. The problem is the stuff on the streets these days is just way to potent and causes unhealthy behavior. If a person constantly stays up for 4 days straight, eating barely anything, totally exerting themselves the entire time, then their health is eventually going to deteriorate... whether its meth induced or not.

It's just another flaw with the war on drugs, it causes a demand for the most potent product possible. The same thing happened with alcohol prohibition, when it was legal most people just drank wine or beer, then when they made it illegal their was a huge demand for basically straight ethanol.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Either legalize, or give life sentences to dealers. Period. I absolutely abhor meth, but if it was legal...perhaps less would do it. I have a very personal reason for my stance on it. Some people just don't come back.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

And there we disagree.. You'd prefer to spend your tax dollar on fighting health issues. Got it.. You're spending it on them regardless, be it police, the legal system or incarceration.

Nah, your money means more in your pocket, whittled away to combat things that could so easily be tempered.

Cheers.

eta -

You also neglect to understand that the functional ability of a person, is a direct result of a society and how they are treated. So continue to call for them to be ostracised, criminalised and hated... your tax dollars don't pay for that.. OH WAIT...

You cannot see a vision through the animosity of current events, so you consider all things, the same. nice.. the problem doesn't lay with most people, it lays with those who refuse to see.

edit on 26-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Meth is the worlds way of weeding out the lazy and stupid. Once they’re hooked, life is over anyway.
The damage done to their brain etc. means they’ll most likely be an unproductive member of society, even if they get clean.

OD’ing is the worlds way of me paying less tax, for someone I was feeding.
Now if we could just do something about child welfare...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What are you talking about?.. I hate lies.

Here's what you said

It is beyond out of control.

"I young girl ODed at a local "Middle School" today. She survived. This time."

Makes no sense at at all...Total BS

OD does not mean always die.
Taking 4 Tylenol is an over dose.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is the Opium wars v 2.0 but it is the western worlds turn to feel the pain and be wrung dry for a change , The chemicals for this come from Mexico via CHINA - remember the rods from G-d and the exploding docks a few years ago in China
en.wikipedia.org... .

Anybody who needs to stick a needle into themselves to get high is a idiot and a moran and should not be trusted , ditto with chasing the Dragon , But at the end of the day it is allowed because it keeps people in jobs picking the pieces up , it keeps police and the courts and social services busy and that is what they want , without this happening society would be very different in the western world , 50 +% reduction in law courts ,lawyers ,police .

As David Icke puts it , Problem ,Reaction ,Solution and if you dig further you will find it is most Mr Bigs are well respected members of society who nobody would think off in a million years making CRAZY amounts of money from dealing in death

Some people grow their own
and never bother society , But i know for a fact that there are people who you would never believe are hooked on hard drugs and they are the people you look up to , Lawyers etc

Read this and it will shock you
canadafreepress.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
Either legalize, or give life sentences to dealers. Period. I absolutely abhor meth, but if it was legal...perhaps less would do it. I have a very personal reason for my stance on it. Some people just don't come back.

This is the thing!

People expect that if it were legal, everyone and their dog would be lining up to get on.

But how many people do you know, look at an addict and go "Geeze, I wish I was like that, but.. the law, you know.."

Not many I suspect. vices should not be legal things. I can sit here and eat pork till my bones are good for soup. no law against it. but i'd be a hell of a burden.

Still meth is a story in between things... I know from a long personal history, hell I was there when it first hit my streets. long long ago. it was ... the beginning of a very bad time for me.

god even now, almost 20 years later, I'd still succumb.. that demon has a place of it's own.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You lost me at option for healthcare to get off it...if you meant that the junkie pays for sure...that taxes pay for...no!

It worked in Portugal.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

It worked for who? The people paying taxes to clean up someone else's bad choices? Somehow I doubt that... Look if people wanna use drugs I couldn't care less, hell I have enjoyed quite a bit of partying myself in the past and still occasionally do. I just don't think its right to make other people pay to clean addicts up when its their choice to over use drugs. Maybe if the tax came from sales of the drug sure. That way the users pay into it and the rest of us aren't paying for it I'd be just fine with that.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: ArMaP

It worked for who? The people paying taxes to clean up someone else's bad choices? Somehow I doubt that...

It worked for everybody.

We decriminalised drug use and possession of "personal use" quantities, it stopped being a crime and became a civil offence. People caught using drugs or with drugs on their possession are sent to the local "Commissions for the Dissuasion of Drug Addiction". Those commissions are made up of legal, health and social work professionals, and the idea is not to apply fines or community work (the penalties that can be applied) but to make the drug user to understand they have a health problem and to make them seek treatment.

The creation of those commissions was accompanied with the creation of, among other things, methadone centres, in which the drug addicts could get methadone to help them get off the hard drugs they were using.

There was one of those centres on the street I live, and I was used to see people with the typical look of drug addicts going there. A couple years latter they closed the centre for lack of users.

For the city it made a visible difference, with the disappearance of the drug addicts that used to "help" people find a parking spot. I don't have local statistics, but small crimes committed by drug users to feed their addiction had a big reduction, as most addicts won the fight against their addiction.

As drug use stopped being a crime, prison population related to drug crimes was reduced to slightly less than 50%.

The majority of old addicts that recovered from their addiction got jobs and started paying taxes, so they became part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.

Health problems related to drug use (more specifically, new cases of HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis B and C) were reduced in a big way, with new cases of HIV among drug users being reduce to 5% of what it was before the change, with also big changes for the other diseases.

So:
1 - There wasn't any change in the taxes we pay, we kept paying the same;
2 - The costs with courts and jails were reduce, as the number of crimes and the related judicial processes and jail population were reduced;
3 - Social Security costs had to be adjusted to shift part of the money to support the commissions, but as those commissions are small (only three persons) the difference was not that big;
4 - Most of the recovered drug addicts became tax paying citizens, becoming a source of income for the system instead of a source of expenses;
5 - General health situation got better.

I do think it worked for everybody.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It would be interesting to know the per capita OD deaths by age group today versus say 1965 or 1970.

I'll bet it's not that different. I think we're just hearing about it more. Now, meth other hand is a completely different story, but not that many people OD on meth, so you wouldn't be able to find a statistic on that.
Heroin wasn't as pure in the 60's and 70's as it is now. It's gotten even more pure the past 10 years. The cartels have learned to refine it the way the Afgani's do. Also now they're mixing fentanyl into the heroin supply which is a synthetic opioid 100x more powerful then heroin. The cartels are buying fentanyl from Chinese labs and mixing it in.

The cartels have lost a lot of money over marijuana legalization. In states where it's legal the domestic production is being sold all over the united states. The cartels have increased heroin production. They're flooding the country with it. It's taken over the suburbs where I'm at. My cousins high school is nicknamed heroin high. It's an all white middle class suburban high school. Heroin dealers use to stay in Detroit now it's all over the suburbs.

My cousin got hooked on the stuff. I've seen a lot of lives ruined from the drug. If it were up to me I'd be sending militarized hit squads into Mexico to deal with it. Anyone associated with the distribution or manufacturing of it would have a bulls eye on their back. We're locking our own citizen up filling prisons but we're not dealing with the root of the problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join