It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACKOUT ALERT: Humboldt County Says to Plan For Shutdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Buzzing, brain cancer lines should be buried.

I read a story once about a multi-million dollar insurance payout and subsequent investigation.
A bunch of race horses were killed.
It turns out the claim was legit, they were all hanging out under the high voltage llines and there was a dense fog that night. The electricty made an arc across the fog, hit the horses and traveled into the ground, killing them instantly. Scary stuff.

My point is they could probably light brush and trees up in a dense fog.

How much were the owners charged for their illegal theft of electricity, is the real question.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yes! D#mn straight

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Im in Cali, and I have 3 generators ,60 gallons of gas, a solar array and a battery bank. Bring it on!

Are you off the grid or is this a backup array?

My home is on grid. This is a back up for the house. Our property is way off grid behind 3 locked gates, at the end of a 4 wheel drive road. The cabin is off grid, with 2 generators, and we will be setting up solar there too shortly

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You mean like they used to do in the old days?

The powerline was our childhood highway. It was gravel strewn and we didn't have to hear from our parents about road safety. We didn't have sidewalks back then in the country.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I read a story once about a multi-million dollar insurance payout and subsequent investigation.
It turns out the claim was legit, they were all hanging out under the high voltage llines and there was a dense fog that night. The electricty made an arc across the fog, hit the horses and traveled into the ground, killing them instantly. Scary stuff.

I agree totally all high power transmission lines should be buried, but that cost to much so it will never happen where transmission line above ground have been a established.

You'd think that wouldn't be a problem for a state that boasts about its wealth..

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
That thought crossed my mind. Here's a map view of lines going through agricultural land (farming). So I'd imagine private land owners might get upset. Eminent Domain?

I'm not following, what are they upset about?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bigburgh
That thought crossed my mind. Here's a map view of lines going through agricultural land (farming). So I'd imagine private land owners might get upset. Eminent Domain?

I'm not following, what are they upset about?

None of that matters...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: rickymouse

You mean like they used to do in the old days?

The powerline was our childhood highway. It was gravel strewn and we didn't have to hear from our parents about road safety. We didn't have sidewalks back then in the country.

Yeah, we used to drive up the powerlines and pick berries when I was a kid. No poisons sprayed on them those days. I was just stating how it used to be at the powerlines, I really wasn't stating a new idea. But now they only have a road on one side of the lines most times, it used to go up both sides. When I was young it was a great place to go deer hunting, you could see for a mile or more. The towers were high, if you did hit a pole, the bullet would not hurt it.

Although, when I was about twelve, I was shooting at what I thought was a big bird on the power line. It was some kind of connector they had put up there. I knocked out the whole town for hours that day. " I am going to say I am making this up, It never happened...just in case there is a ninety five year old retired power company worker on the site from my old area that remembers it happening.."

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So - what could the 'tin foil hat' spin be on this?

It just sounds rather odd - all the way around.

Where 'there's smoke' kind'a thing...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Basically, they can't afford the liability if downed power lines spark a wildfire -

'A victim of their own failure': Why PG&E's massive power shutdown in California was inevitable

My daughter lives in Eureka and they're cutting the power again today. She's supposed to work today and tomorrow so she's losing a few hundred bucks income, not to mention the business losses, spoiled food and everything else. She's just one of many thousands (millions?) who are affected economically.

Something needs to be done but so far the powers that be are too busy pointing fingers at each other to offer up any solutions.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I agree totally all high power transmission lines should be buried, but that cost to much so it will never happen where transmission line above ground have been a established.

You'd think that wouldn't be a problem for a state that boasts about its wealth..

PG&E is a corporation, not a public utility.

The construction, maintenance, and safety of its facilities, which includes its network of transmission lines, is, and should be, the sole responsibility of the corporation itself.

As a powerful (no pun intended) corporation, PG&E has benefited, to the greatest extent possible, from every state tax and regulatory advantage it could exploit.

Why should one penny of the State’s wealth, no matter how abundant that wealth might be, have to be spent in payment for PG&E’s mismanagement of its fiscal and physical assets?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join