It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge says House must get Mueller grand jury information - CNBC

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I honestly dont think it should matter weather or not there is an impeachment going on...

The mueller investigation touched on national security issues, as well as election integrity. And, we the people invested alot of money into that investigation.
Congess should get the unredacted report and the relevant docs behind to examine to determine if they can tweak the laws to improve our security for one..
And to keep from blowing through more money redoing what mueller has already done.
If nothing else.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Boom what?
Boom it's going on it's way to the next level in the path to the supreme cout..
Or BOOM!!! We all get to listen to more whines about unfairness when people realize just who is sitting on next level?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Gryphon66

Lol.. they are appealing this decision by the way. As if anyone had any doubts on that one. So onward to the jilted nominee I guess.
Still say that all this delay isnt doing anyone any good. It's just carrying further into the election cycle and I wouldn't count on the dems waiting till after the election.

Dawn, the Campaigns never end now, they're only interrupted from time to time by the Investigations.

This isnt' governance; it's bad dinner theatre.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I know, but my fear is that the Republicans are gonna end up in a position where trump will no longer be an option and theres no time to bring someone else into the race.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I know, but my fear is that the Republicans are gonna end up in a position where trump will no longer be an option and theres no time to bring someone else into the race.

Pence?

Guiliani?

Mitch?

Oh, please excuse me for a minute, I'm currently choking on my own laughter at my little joke.

I'm sure the Republicans can field someone, after all, Mittens is always ready to go.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Isnt there a deadline to get their names on the ballot though? Sure in some states you can write in, but I dont think you can in all states.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Isnt there a deadline to get their names on the ballot though? Sure in some states you can write in, but I dont think you can in all states.

Are you imagining a scenario where Trump wins all the Republican Primaries/Caucuses and then gets Impeached and Reomoved in like ... October?

You know, that's really a good question. My guess would be that whoever the VP Candidate was at the time would move up, although I guess it'd be up to the RNC.
edit on 28-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I have no idea, but kind of think that the deadline to get a name on the ballot would be a little earlier than october.
On a bright side though, it would be a perk for the third party candidates.
I just dont want there to be a feeling that the dems won the election by default.
edit on 28-10-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No, the claim when Democrats win is usually voter fraud.

They've got a really thin playbook.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sounds like they are gonna vote Thursday on the procedures going forward, thing like how the facts will be transferred to the judicial committees and how to handle the open portion of this. So, it sounds like the republicans will get a full house vote. Think they will get the unredacted version of the mueller report any faster now?
I dont.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How is the muller report related to these impeachment proceedings?
Different investigations no?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
How is the muller report related to these impeachment proceedings?
Different investigations no?

See the subject of the thread. The Democrats just won a case requesting that the redacted material as well as other information gathered during the Mueller investigation be released to the House. My statement is that Mueller structured Volume II of the report as the case to be made for obstruction.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Not really, if the report has information in it that shows evidence of impeachable offenses, they can be listed on the articles of impeachment.
But, I think they've been trying to get the information from the mueller report a tad bit before the ukraine bit came out.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Sounds like they are gonna vote Thursday on the procedures going forward, thing like how the facts will be transferred to the judicial committees and how to handle the open portion of this. So, it sounds like the republicans will get a full house vote. Think they will get the unredacted version of the mueller report any faster now?
I dont.

Pelosi has been saying that the formal impeachment procedings would start as soon as the preliminary investigative work had been done. Mr. Trump seems to have convinced many of his followers that he and the Republicans are not subject to the rule-of-law.

We shall see.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Pelosi just announced that the House will vote on impeachment Procedures October 31st.

This will, or should, effectively undercut the appeal filed by the WH to keep the Mueller findings sealed.

And, knowing “Nasty Nancy”, she would not have let this action advance if she wasn’t certain it would pass AND

She knew exactly what she needs to demand from the WH that would not be possible without the authority this move will grant her.

In other words, I think she thinks she knows where the real “smoking gun” is hidden, and she has just filed the “search warrant” to retrieve it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Several moves in the "right" direction if Impeachment is actually the goal here.

1. Following past protocol to the letter.
2. Formally gaining access to all Mueller information including redacted and grand jury evidence.

Honestly, what I'd like to see now is that if any Administration official does not comply with subpoenas, start impeachment for them as well. The balance of powers for our three co-equal branches of government needs to be sustained going into the future.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

One of my concerns... is when they get the information (and they will) they start leaking information in an effort to hurt trump in the election, with no repercussions felt for that illegal behavior.

I think they will leak select things because they have to hurt him badly before the election or they have no shot since their platform seems to be raise taxes on the middle class.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

One of my concerns... is when they get the information (and they will) they start leaking information in an effort to hurt trump in the election, with no repercussions felt for that illegal behavior.

I think they will leak select things because they have to hurt him badly before the election or they have no shot since their platform seems to be raise taxes on the middle class.

If the Democrats do that, they deserve to lose and lose BIG in 2020, White House, House, Senate. Period, end of story.

The partisan BS is going to have to return to managable levels; the crap we've seen for the last two-and-a-half decades will not take us into the future. Someone somewhere has got to start being the adult in the room.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

A federal judge on Friday rejected claims that the impeachment probe of President Donald Trump is illegitimate as she ordered the Justice Department to give a House committee secret grand jury material collected in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Oh look. Another judicial HACKtavist.

Someone needs to tell me how the DOJ/FBI has grand juries doing investigations.

'Judge says'.

What a GD joke.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo you didn't link your source but that snippet seems to be referring to Judge Howell the topic of this discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join