It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we matter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We don't matter, unless we think we do.

Then, if a choice is made in favor of mattering, there's the gradients.. . fractions of mattering.

Since these matters are always in flux, never fully crossing into a clear mattering or not, the choice to matter really doesn't matter.

Some think it does cross clear demarcations, somehow, and even involves an overseer, or prime matterer, as the arbiter of mattering or not. Some think there's a secondary overseer jockeying for the primary position and trying not to have anything matter, despite the best efforts of the original matter decider.

But even if this bureaucracy of mattering doesn't matter, really, there's the vague hope that in some presently unknowable state that it all most certainly WILL matter, a whole lot... just later when we are different and in a position to see the grand mattering of it all.

But right now... does it matter? Only if you want it to. Deciding if it matters is an awesome responsibility ...

or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
Anything that doesn't want to die I would say there are even plants that react to threats.

We are scared of death because we do not know that means we or they are conscious of dieing.

I'm not scarde of death, I will welcome it when it happens. Is the whole point of this thread is that you fear death fear the uncertainty of death and what if any thing happens at death.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Awesome reply !

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No the point is if we do not go on after death why do we matter we will be dead at some point anyway .

I shall stop feeding trolls now .

edit on 10/25/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No the point is if we do not go own after death why do we matter we will be dead at some point anyway .

I shall stop feeding trolls now .

Not trolling just asking where your coming from. If there is no soul and nothing after death then what difference does it make what we do in this life. Why should a person be moral if there is nothing after death pertaining to what one has done with that soul.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Does matter not matter?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We are scared of death
You may be, I'm not, I've thought I was gonna die a few times, shut my eyes before pain switched my conscious mind off one time, calm, didn't care because it was no longer in my hands, nothing I could do, actually chuckled like a crazy person.
Came round in a hospital a couple of days later, last thing I remember is chuckling that I was #ed, then nothing.

I don't fear being worm food, or if my consciousness as I perceive it to be continues in some ethereal sense, or not.

I care only about the one life I know and experience in my head right now. Afterlife? Don't know, and don't really care, but certainly do not fear death. It happens when it happens, and because I enjoy my experience of what being alive is, I try not to hasten that moment 😂

a reply to: Baddogma
Haha, yes, excellently put! 👍😁❤️
edit on 25-10-2019 by DaisyRainbow because: Added reply to brilliant post 👍

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Exactly the very point that we do not know means we can question it which means we have a subconscious fear of doing bad things that will effect us at some point . If we didnt have that subconscious knowledge or fear we would not have any reason to not rampage and run a muck doing what ever we wanted hurting whoever we wanted . Is that a part of our DNA or is that something we are just taught .

edit on 10/25/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

A beautiful response, live in the moment care about yourself and those who's life you touch for that reason only.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There IS a soul. You would not be alive if you did not have a soul, because that is all you are. Some people think they are just hamburger meat and once they die that is it. To bad people, you are not going to get off that easy. The Soul is not a Religious thing in make-up, nor is it a physical body part. It is, for lack of a better word, the foundation of your mind.

Your body is the car, your brain is the engine, but your Soul is the driver.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Lol, maybe add a caveat that your reply is just your personal belief. I don't make any claims, don't know, and not concerned if your belief turns out true....I'll worry about that when it happens 😁

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Exactly the very point that we do not know means we can question it which means we have a subconscious fear of doing bad things that will effect us at some point . If we didnt have that subconscious knowledge or fear we would not have any reason to not rampage and run a muck doing what ever we wanted hurting whoever we wanted . Is that a part of our DNA or is that something we are just taught .

Lets say we have have a soul then the question becomes is it a by product of our subconscious brain purely organic or is it a spirit that animates the mind and body?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

We matter to ourselves and to God, who created and perpetuates us. None of the other species on Earth, or beyond Earth, care.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow

It just is.
No need for any reason or purpose for me except to enjoy however much time I have as I perceive it in my thoughts.
I've passed my DNA on as a parent, no dependents to be responsible for anymore so I see no other purpose to my life now aside from enjoying my own and helping others enjoy theirs where I can ❤️

And.. be well to each other.. our bodies may be fleeting, but our thoughts are eternal.

Least they are at 7am on a Saturday Oo

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I bet in Nirvana the main question would be why does it?
Or is that an anceint greek philosophical problem?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

We exist to make the most out of our lives as we can.
To be kind to one another, help each other out, be the person you can be in hope your actions inspire others to to the same.
And your right, our existence is a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.
That’s why it’s so important to make each day matter.
Do a random act of kindness for a stranger.
It’s the little things that help make a big difference.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If theres not a soul why do we matter? Because we die we will eventually be extinct. Everything around us will be rubbel one day even the planet its self will be gone it may be in the distant future but when the day comes it will seem like the blink of the eye . So certain like it's already happened, That time already exists .
Thinking deep today I guess.

Every moment of our lives we exist to be part of the the mind of God. We are the Universe's way of experiencing itself. Our soul is a small drop of water in the ocean making up God's consciousness.

God's consciousness is both transcendence and immanence. God is whole, complete, perfect, having no desires or needs. Because God does not have any desires or needs, God is perfectly good. All evil comes from having desires or needs.

God created the Universe not out of any need or desire. God created the Universe out of an outpouring of excess energy. God still is God in spite of all the energy in the Universe. That is, God is still perfect, whole, complete, having no desires or needs.

The Universe however is NOT whole, perfect, or complete. Because the Universe is not whole, complete, or perfect we have imperfections in Nature and in human character. It is these imperfections in nature and human character that are the source of all that is evil in the World.

So why are we here. We are here to experience great beauty and great performance in nature, ourselves, and in other people. Counter to our imperfections as human beings, we can have near perfect experiences. It is in these moments of near perfect experiences we become closer to God and God's perfection as we experience slivers of God's greatness. As incomplete and imperfect beings we are drawn to the total complete perfection that is God.

These experiences bring us closer to God throughout our lives until we die. When we die we go into the light, look directly into the face of God, and experience God's infinite beauty and absolute perfection. We then experience a state of Heavenly bliss for all eternity. Experiencing God's infinite beauty is the greatest and most profound experience a consciousness can have. At this moment, we have no remaining desires or needs just like God.

Even though our final moments of life may only be a few seconds of real time, for our minds time slows down because of how deeply profound the going into the light experience is felt. So for all practical purposes it pretty much feels like all eternity as the last few volts of electricity fade from our neurons. We return to the nothingness that is the essence of God's transcendence. Essentially we return back to God perfect, whole, and complete without any needs or desires.

In the meantime before you die, this video contains the secret to the meaning of life in the sense of becoming something your never imagined you would be capable of becoming:

Killing a few dragons and demons along the way is a really good way to pass the time. Plus there's nothing like killing a demon or two to avoid being sucked down into the abyss of nihilism.

Nihilism is a contradiction of itself. So before you make the claim everything about who we are, what we do, and what we experience is meaningless on the cosmic timescale, just remember it is meaningless that it is meaningless. Therefore, whether it is meaningless or meaningful then becomes a choice. Try not to choose nihilism because nihilists rarely get invited to good parties!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
We don't matter, so enjoy this one chance you get on Earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

If theres not a soul why do we matter? Because we die we will eventually be extinct. Everything around us will be rubbel one day even the planet its self will be gone it may be in the distant future but when the day comes it will seem like the blink of the eye . So certain like it's already happened, That time already exists .

Thinking deep today I guess.

Where does all the electrical energy go that powers the heart, synaptic discharge, planetary movement?
It does not cease to exist just because the flesh or material world has.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We only matter if we make it so, if we believe we are just a body we really dont matter.a reply to: Gargoyle91

edit on 25-10-2019 by ancientthunder because: missing t

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join