It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Is Not 100% Good, I Have Proof.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok, I just thought of this. So bare with me, my theories / ideas tend to develop more as time progresses.

We have Jesus, the Good, and to have good, there must be Evil, who is Satan. Everyone Agrees so far right?

Now if God Is good, where is the opposite evil entity with all the power of God himself? Therefore, by simple reasoning does that not make God Somewhat evil? You cannot only have 1 end of the spectrum without the other.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why does there have to be evil for there to be good?

Our pride created or evil because we want to be Gods or don't want to sere God.

if everybody listened to the good Gods comandments how could there be evil?

evil would cease to exist, but does exist because welisten to our own selfishness and not the commands of perfection.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
Why does there have to be evil for there to be good?

Because without one extreme, the other fails to exist as itself. It is the illusion of duality.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
that makes no sense.

if God created commands of perfection which he did, then at what point does evil exist in those commandments (if) followed?

at some point we have to learn what evil is and eliminate it in our own selfishness by finding out the words of God and his commandments.

Thats like God creating the commands for no reason. there will one day Jonna be a perfect kingdom on earth without evil, because there will be nothing but just souls of the lord living in eternal peace and hapiness, and the commands will be perfected in every soul in this kingdom.

jesus said.

Love thy neighbor as thy sell and God with all thy heart.

How can evil exist in these? really without trying to find loopholes for sake of arguments, where can it be?

Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
G-O-D
G-O-O-D

I agree.

God is only 75% Good.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
that makes no sense.

No, it makes perfect sense. How can you define what "good" is if "evil" doesn't exist to compare it to?

How do you know what a shadow looks like when there is no light to compare it to?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
God is Neutral!

the perception of what's good or evil is only due the filter of our conscious mind...society, in which you were born and live in...our imposed beliefs system on us the moment we are born...

Like water can which can take many form...liquid...solid...air...plasma...etc...So is God...

[edit on 7-3-2005 by mwen]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
G-O-D
G-O-O-D

I agree.

God is only 75% Good.

That is good reasoning!!

Of course the Christian God isnt all good, if youv read the Old Testament and saw how many people he smote cuz 1 person screwed up, youd know that. Hes really a very vengeful diety.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
G-O-D
G-O-O-D

I agree.

God is only 75% Good.

That is good reasoning!!

YES.

100% G-O-O-D .

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Good and Evil are titles given to human based interactions. In nature a volcano erupts, killing thousands, is the Volcano evil? People once thought so. Nature has neigher good nor evil, nature exists.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well, if you believe in the bible, then god is a murderer. Even though christians will deny it, he did kill hundreds of thousands..... by his own hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i think you have to ask yourself what is evil.
is it going against got?
is it just an individuals perception?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You cannot only have 1 end of the spectrum without the other.

Satans first lie was
"You will not die"
Before the fall they had life without death. Now we have death

Satans second lie was
"If you do it, you will be like God!"
Before this, mankind did no evil...but after this...man does only evil..

The truth was... "Let Us create man in our image"

MAN WAS ALREADY LIKE GOD....and man was good.
Even lucifer was good at one point. Angels have the knowledge of good and evil and 1/3 chose to rebel.... sorta like chosing to parachute out of a plane...there is no going back. The other 2/3 kept the commandment of the creator.

SO now we have this little lie that satan has planted that says
"You cannot have good without evil"
But that my friend...is only another lie....because in Genesis 1 and 2...and at the end of Revelation, Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel and others...we have just that. Good without evil

new topics

top topics

join