It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot 16 times walked into Temple University Hospital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
a reply to: pravdaseeker

And like clockwork, a post involving the number 16, just like yesterday when 16 men were sentenced to death for burning that girl in Bangladesh.

Explain please...what's the connection?

I can understand why 16 people burning a girl in Bangladesh would be national or international news... But an American inner city man getting shot many times and surviving is somethin that I think happens often.

My thoughts as well. Sure wish the member would explain the supoosed significance of 16.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Gee , Thanks to All the " Leftist Liberals " who Control Philly Politics , the World does Need more Illegal Firearms Victims I guess .........

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

16 is twice 8, and the 8 of clubs is one of the three unchanging cards.

It means that there is one more 16 to witness before the unchange occurs. And no one will be prepared for that.

As an 8 of club, I know these things.

11:11

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

its actually rather hard to kill a human. brain is 99% death. heart is 95% death. a major artery (femoral, ascending/descending aorta, subclavian, single jugular) is 85% death, but can be fixed if time allows, about 3 minutes. everything else you have plenty of time for repair.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

its actually rather hard to kill a human. brain is 99% death. heart is 95% death. a major artery (femoral, ascending/descending aorta, subclavian, single jugular) is 85% death, but can be fixed if time allows, about 3 minutes. everything else you have plenty of time for repair.

Shoot till you see dark blood.. then you're counting ticks till that final tock.

What an insane direction this all led.. we're discussing the ways in which to kill someone rather than why it took 16 bullets to try.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Shot 4 times in the neck.

Either the guy is a superhero or someone shot him with a .22 and he still extremely lucky.

I would love to be wrong because it is just over the top.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

without knowing the precice wound paths - i is unsure :

is this a testement to the fortitude of the " victim " or the incompetance of his attacker ?

by design or fortune - many shootings resolve as one shot one kill - with the victim either dead on the spot - or unable to seek help or survive till external aid arrives

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Good question ape...

It is probably both is my guess..

Most cowards who use a gun, just "spray and pray"... and I am only guessing that the victim was a fairly robust individual. Maybe even a bit on the obese side of things?? Just guessing, is all.

9mm, is what I am thinking... a 22LR is actually a very deadly bullet.... as it hits then zips around at all angles and directions.

It is probably because of the reason you said 1 shot, 1 kill thing.... you're right.... Besides the high number of wounds...16; yep awesome luck with him.

I knew a man who was shot 5 times coming ashore at Tarawa in WW2.... The only reason he lived was he fell on other dead marines, which kept his face above water, so he didn't drown. They found him a few hours later.... and patched him up after several months in the hospital.

He went on to become a Colonel at the Marines Base at Camp Pendleton, CA. He was one tough old coot! He passed away several years ago now though.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If Chris had had his way, that guy would have been shot way less times, I always advocate against gun ownership in the general public (I think most Americans think I must be crazy), how about we meet half way and make bullets more expensive

There is no need for a box of bullets to cost as little as a visit to the cinema for you and your date

And can we define the word walk, as in the guy in the OP walked in, I can only imagine it was at least a limp

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A lot of old 1800's gun fights had victims "shot to doll rags" as they used to say then. and yet were able to survive and live to old age.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

There is no need for a box of bullets to cost as little as a visit to the cinema for you and your date

So you would have bullets cost so much that people couldn't afford to go to the range? What is your goal with that, to make everyone as accurate as a stormtrooper.

How will that stop people from making there own on the cheap? I load my own, but I am small time, but I do know groups with the equipment that can cap out enough to fill a gun store.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
A lot of old 1800's gun fights had victims "shot to doll rags" as they used to say then. and yet were able to survive and live to old age.

Yeah, but there is a big difference between ball and cap and now, there is also a big difference between a subsonic round and a supersonic one.

If my guess is correct about him being shot with a 22 there is a real possibility those were subsonic rounds.

edit on 26-10-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

They dont say in the article what caliber was used but im guessing 22. When your shot its not the wounds the bullet makes that kills you its the energy it imparts to the body.

Humans are mosly liquid and when shot it creates a wave at impact. This energy is absorbed by the body and does far more damage than the actual bullet path.

The other thing ive seen some strange gunshots being a medic. Had one guy shot 4 times in the chest he walked over to me started coughing and spit out a bullet. It had made into his esophagus. He could still talk so i called for a chopper. He calmly walked over to it and off he went. Found out later he was taken to germany and was expecting full recovery.

With gun shots rule one stop the bleeding and the body will do the rest. The human body does possess certain defense mechanisms in the event of rapid blood loss. The vascular system will “shunt” blood from the extremities into the core to maintain perfusion to vital organs.

The other strange thing is often you have a hard time locating an exit wound. Bullets rarely make a clean hole through someone. Ive seen people shot in the thigh and the bullet exits in their boot. Had 1 guy shot in his right hand and the bullet exited his left shoulder. Though i will admit i never treated someone shot 16 times that's probably a record.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

like I said

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
(I think most Americans think I must be crazy),

top topics

<< 1   >>

join