It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Virus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I hear all the names of these viruses and diseases; West Nile Virus, Asian Flu...even invasive species in US waterways from other countries.

Why is all this originating from poor or 3rd world regions. I mean you never hear about the American West Mississippi Virus (joke) or the American Trout or Bass as an invasive species. Is this for real. Is there something to diseases and invasive species manifesting strictly from other countries other than western governments. Even the bubonic plague is believed to have started in the Middle East, not Europe.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I hear all the names of these viruses and diseases; West Nile Virus, Asian Flu...even invasive species in US waterways from other countries.
Why is all this originating from poor or 3rd world regions. I mean you never hear about the American West Mississippi Virus (joke) or the American Trout or Bass as an invasive species. Is this for real. Is there something to diseases and invasive species manifesting strictly from other countries other than western governments. Even the bubonic plague is believed to have started in the Middle East, not Europe.

Probably for the same reason Texas never has any terrorists attack. Only New York.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Probably for the same reason Texas never has any terrorists attack. Only New York.

No way. I was in Brooke Army Hospital when that Muslim shot up Fort Hood. He totally came from another country. Nobody would tell me but I finally found out that POS was on the 6th floor of the same hospital I was in and heavily guarded.
edit on 25-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Probably because most third-world countries are lacking in hygiene, clean water, safe food, pest control, and the people are less than in perfect health anyway. That's sorta the definition of a "third-world country."

Your concern may soon be alleviated though. Some of the larger cities in America are starting to show some of these same problems; disease may not be far behind.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Rocky Mountain spotted fever.

Would you like us to send you some ticks ? Lol

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Probably because most third-world countries are lacking in hygiene, clean water, safe food, pest control, and the people are less than in perfect health anyway. That's sorta the definition of a "third-world country."

Your concern may soon be alleviated though. Some of the larger cities in America are starting to show some of these same problems; disease may not be far behind.

TheRedneck

This is true. When i was in Afghanistan I watched a young boy from my MRAP drop his pants on the side of the road and excrete a tape worm then go about his day. At that point my only goal was to get my Soldiers home. There is no fixing a place that messed up in my lifetime. They don't even have speed limit signs. Witnessed quite a few fatalities from that nonsense.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Wasn't Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan an American citizen?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Rocky Mountain spotted fever.

Would you like us to send you some ticks ? Lol

And my favorite, Lyme disease.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Wasn't Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan an American citizen?

I think he was but not born here so invasive species.

*** He was born here. His parents however were not so offspring of invasive species. ***
edit on 25-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Just wait for LA Fever, Portland Flu, Baltimore Virus.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
1956 Congressional testimony on the funding request for the AIDS virus biological weapon:

SYNTHETIC BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
There are two things about the biological agent field I would like to mention. One is the possibility of technological surprise. Molecular biology is a field that is advancing very rapidly and eminent biologists believe that within a period of 5 to 10 years it would be possible to produce a synthetic biological agent, an agent that does not naturally exist and for which no natural immunity could have been acquired.
MR. SIKES. Are we doing any work in that field?
DR. MACARTHUR. We are not.
MR. SIKES. Why not? Lack of money or lack of interest?
DR. MACARTHUR. Certainly not lack of interest.
MR. SIKES. Would you provide for our records information on what would be required, what the advantages of such a program would be. The time and the cost involved?
DR. MACARTHUR. We will be very happy to. The information follows:
The dramatic progress being made in the field of molecular biology led us to investigate the relevance of this field of science to biological warfare. A small group of experts considered this matter and provided the following observations:
1. All biological agents up the the present time are representitives of naturally occurring disease, and are thus known by scientists throughout the world. They are easily available to qualified scientists for research, either for offensive or defensive purposes.
2. Within the next 5 to 10 years, it would probably be possible to make a new infective microorganism which could differ in certain important aspects from any known disease-causing organisms. Most important of these is that it might be refractory to the immunological and therapeutic processes upon when we depend to maintain our relative freedom from infectious disease.
3. A research program to explore the feasibility of this could be completed in approximately 5 years at a total cost of $10 million.
4. It would be very difficult to establish such a program. Molecular biology is a relatively new science. There are not many highly competent scientisis in the field., almost all are in university laboratories, and they are generally adequately supported from sources other than DOD. However, it was considered possible to initiate an adequate program through the National Academy of sciences - National Research Council (NAS-NRC, and tentative plans were made to initiate the program. However decreasing funds in CB, growing criticism of the CB program., and our reluctance to involve the NAS NRC in such a controversial endeavor have led us to postpone it for the past 2 years.

Here's the weapon: Most important of these is that it might be refractory to the immunological and therapeutic processes upon when we depend to maintain our relative freedom from infectious disease.

The money was allocated and the AIDS virus was born!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24719547]Stupidsecrets[/post

The Spanish flu outbreak 100 years ago is the modern world's deadliest epidemic, its toll of more than 50 million surpassing that of World War I.

The first cases were recorded in March 1918 among soldiers in Kansas in the United States. It may have spread to Europe with the troops

medicalxpress.com...

edit on 25-10-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I thought of AIDS as well but that was to my knowledge Reese monkeys so invasive.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What about the Swine flu. I am sure that some people in the world think of Americans as pigs.

We can take credit for the swine flu.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Lyme disease.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

www.smartertravel.com... this link talks about a few diseases you can get visiting america

Zika

Lyme Disease seems to be one of the ones that seems to be mostly an America thing but some European countries also get them (see Croatia) but id gather that rocky mountian spotted fever would be more what your OP was asking about

Don’t let the name fool you; you should be wary of Rocky Mountain spotted fever throughout the U.S. Another bacterial infection transmitted by ticks, this disease affects your internal organs and can do serious damage to your kidneys and heart. Symptoms include headache, fever, and a rash that appears on the wrists and ankles, for which the disease is named. This disease can be deadly, so remember to constantly check for ticks while spending time in heavily wooded areas, not only on your body, but on your gear as well. Immediately seek help if you notice any of the symptoms listed above.
im waaaaay not medical smart so this was the best i could find for ya op

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Yup. A huge consequence of the unfettered illegal immigration from sh*thole countries is that they are bringing diseases with them that have practically been eradicated here in the states. Cases of polio, TB, etc have been showing up.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I think we tend to take for granted how well we have it in the USA. Our idea of poverty is considered fabulously wealthy in much of the world overall.

I fail to share your pessimism. Much of the problem lies with the leadership in these third-world countries. Corruption and authoritarianism depress any economy that may exist, and close any avenue to self improvement people may have. While I am vehemently against using military intervention to spread our narrow vision of democracy and freedom, I do support charity/aid to foreign countries where that assistance will help the people improve their lives. Not handouts, mind you, but hand-ups.

I saw a charity advertising not that long ago that they would send free goats to small villages in some of these countries. I have raised goats; that's milk, cheese, and meat once they begin breeding. I remember wishing I had been in a position to help. It's hard for a corrupt leadership to make much profit off of goats, but it gives the people food. Sometimes the best way to help people is by giving them only that which they can handle at the time, not try to immediately bring them all the way to our level overnight.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I disagree with your characterization, as accurate as it may be. The people in these countries are simply without a feasible avenue to improve themselves. I do agree that importing them to our country is not a viable answer, though... see my response to Stupidsecrets. That only would drag us down and destroy our economy, without providing any real help to the needy people other than making them feel like slaves to a different culture than the one they left at the sole benefit of having more 'stuff.' At least they are familiar with their own culture.

Now, if you want to talk about the leadership in these countries, I might can agree with your terminology.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
American Virus..

That's a great title for a horror movie!

*backs out slowly*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join