It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiff, Nadler condemn elevating Durham's Russia probe into criminal investigation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
On page 13 of the actual transcript of Taylor's testimony, he says that "Ambassador Sondlan responded about 5 hours later that I was "incorrect about President Trump's intentions. The President had been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind"

assets.documentcloud.org...

Later on that page he confirms the hold was let up on September 11th. And that Zelensky still had not "gone to a microphone".

But also Taylor repeatedly mentions that he himself told Zelensky not to do anything to break up the "bipartisan support" for aid to Ukraine. (IE. not to offend the Democrats by helping Trump too much, so that Congress won't start to oppose sending them aid.)

Indeed Taylor himself says he advised Zelensky that he should not do a CNN interview and should not say he was going to investigate Burisma. On the basis of keeping that "bipartisan support".

edit on 27-10-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: " should not do a CNN interview and say he was going to investigate Burisma." changed to " should not do a CNN interview and SHOULD NOT say he was going to investigate Burisma. - For clarity

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

LOL SSCI...
Q: Who was on that committee during the period in question?
A: John #stain McCain!
Q: What is being investigated?
A: Fake evidence used to spy on a presidential campaign and president.
Q: Was mccain involved in that?
A: Yep, he delivered the "dossier" to the FBI
Q: If the intel community faked evidence and used an SSCI member to launder it, what are the odds mccain acted alone?
A: Very, Very low
Q: If McCain and others were in the know or involved, would they cover it up with their own "sham" investigation?
A: Duh.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

So what you're saying is:

Trump said "no quid pro quo" to his diplomats
"Ambassador" Taylor said "don't do a quid pro quo" to ukraine
Trump met with zelensky before any announcement
Trump released ukrainian aid before any public announcement
In fact to this day there has been no public announcement other than when the dems leaked it?

So basically they're "impeaching" trump for something that didn't happen?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There is a lot of information in Taylor's statement.

It is clear that Taylor had heard from second hand sources who said Trump wanted Zelensky to publicly announce an investigation into Burisma. Although the context makes it sound like his reason was because, once having publicly announced it, he would be on the hook to follow through.

On the other hand, Biden outright admitted to using a formal quid pro quo to get Generl Prosecutor Shokin fired, when he refused to investigate the previous president Yanukovich's administration, in particular a guy named Zlochevsky.

Can we impeach a vice president?

That information can be found here in Shokin's statement.

www.scribd.com...

Pressuring Ukrainian officials to investigate our pet causes seems like par for the course in USA diplomacy these days.

As for the leaked call transcript, Taylor said the Ukrainian officials were "livid". I guess nobody consulted them over whether they wanted the call to be public knowledge. (Which might help explain why these calls are usually kept classified?)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

As for the leaked call transcript, Taylor said the Ukrainian officials were "livid".

I thought they came out and said they had agreed to releasing the transcript?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I’ll tell you why crowdstrike original report was full of inaccuracies read the report if you don’t believe me I’ve know this from day 1 being it and all

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

Okay, but how is Zelensky and Ukraine supposed to expose or correct those inaccuracies? What does Ukraine have to do with Crowdstrike?

The thing is, Trump basically confessed to the "quid pro quo" on the White House in front of the press, on live TV. Mick Mulvaney also confessed at a presser, and Rudy Giuliani also confessed on TV to Jake Tapper.
edit on 28-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Treaty 106-16 😎

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why isn't the White House claiming the application of that treaty, instead of pleading there was "no quid pro quo, no pressure"?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Youll find that the left cant meme. Almost pathological.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

As for the leaked call transcript, Taylor said the Ukrainian officials were "livid".

It's on page 14 of Taylor's deposition. First paragraph.

He says "The United States gave the Ukrainians virtually no notice of the release and they were livid."

However he also mentions that Trump met with Zelensky face to face on Sept 25. So maybe he might have told him then?

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Okay, but how is Zelensky and Ukraine supposed to expose or correct those inaccuracies? What does Ukraine have to do with Crowdstrike?

The thing is, Trump basically confessed to the "quid pro quo" on the White House in front of the press, on live TV. Mick Mulvaney also confessed at a presser, and Rudy Giuliani also confessed on TV to Jake Tapper.

Is this what you are talking about?

www.vox.com...

I prefer my confessions shaken, not spun to the point where you could consider them to be stirred.

originally posted by: sprockets2000
I’ll tell you why crowdstrike original report was full of inaccuracies read the report if you don’t believe me I’ve know this from day 1 being it and all

Do you know where to find that report?

I'm curious now. All I can get on google is a wiki page.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

It's on page 14 of Taylor's deposition. First paragraph.

He says "The United States gave the Ukrainians virtually no notice of the release and they were livid."

However he also mentions that Trump met with Zelensky face to face on Sept 25. So maybe he might have told him then?

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Is this what you are talking about?

www.vox.com...

I prefer my confessions shaken, not spun to the point where you could consider them to be stirred.

originally posted by: sprockets2000

Do you know where to find that report?

I'm curious now. All I can get on google is a wiki page.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I know taylor said that, but I recall when the call was first being released that there were articles that said ukraine had been told about and agreed to the release.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join