It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollette may not quite be out of the woods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A federal judge ruled on Tuesday that the lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett will not be dismissed. The suit asks that Smollett reimburse the police department the $130,000 spent on investigating his alleged attack, which he asked to be dismissed because he couldn't have known how much time and money was spent on the investigation.

That's all nice and stuff, but what could really happen here?

With the appointment of the special prosecutor, there remains the possibility that Smollett -- who has maintained his innocence -- could be charged again with staging the attack.

Oh, I suppose there is that. I feel like a face tattoo stating that He lied and staged the entire thing, might be a suitable punishment. In all honesty, I think mostly, having him admit to what we all know he did would go a long way. But there might be an aspiring young artist who would put all Jussie's crying tirades about how horribly he was mistreated by those MAGA folks, along with his admission, and to have that in the public domain, might be the icing on the cake.

And for those who always stick up for Jussie, "Justice for Jussie!"

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The guy should be charged with a hate crime, plain and simple. And should get the max penalty for such a crime.

The double standards have to stop.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

which he asked to be dismissed because he couldn't have known how much time and money was spent on the investigation.

So not because He's innocent, even though He continues to maintain His innocence.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The only reason this turd is still free, is due to his close connection to the previous white house and the stains it left in politics across the country.

I hope he and every race baiter of every color gets fined to broke and a nice cell for a couple years.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
#justiceforjuicy

I sincerely hope that the lawsuit goes through for the full amount, and that the case is re-opened and investigated appropriately.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
The guy should be charged with a hate crime, plain and simple. And should get the max penalty for such a crime.

The double standards have to stop.

this can't be said enough.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for the postal inspectors to recommend federal charges for the fake bomb reportedly sent to him, by him or his buddies?
That shouldn't be too much to ask. If any of us did that, we would already be charged and awaiting trial.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TomDonahugh

TPTB are holding those charges for after the State gets done with him.

so that he has to stay in a Federal prison instead of a state prison.

would be funny if he went behind bars for 40 years total. longer than he has been alive at this point....

you cannot be tried twice for the same crime but you can be tried for crimes against the Fed and the state..

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can't believe we're even having to talk about this. He should have been charged with a hate crime and death threats from the get-go. It's a damn shame what democrats can get away with. They're a modern day mafia working behind the scenes on everything and getting involved in key parts of prosecutions, etc., and it won't be long before they're shut down like the mafia was.

new topics

top topics

join