It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US MSM Spreading another Fake Narritive? Facts on the 'Turks versus Kurds' discourse in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So are we being played again as the Vilage Idiot by the US MSM along with both certain Democrats and Republicans via the slant taken towards the Kurds in Northern Syria? I think we are. Yep Orange Man Bad. He left them hanging out to dry. Why don't we say it again. As in Baaaad. Just like a Sheep. Baaad. So read on.

Seems to me that everyone one out there was playing the theme that Trump is backing out on the Kurds in Syria. Right? Even Lindsey Graham lit up and there were "crimes against humanity" being mentioned about Trump. OK so here's an article from Turkey written by the Daily Sabah. I can use it since Turkey is a NATO country . Right? they are our Buds. Right? The writer goes on to describe the history of Kurds inside Turkey along with just whom are the Kurds in Syria. There is a difference. I found an article written by a US MSM newspaper from 2018 basically validating the Syria newspaper article. Its written by the NY Times from 2018. The link is near the bottom of this thread.

Daily Sabah

Of all "the incitement to discourse" since Operation Peace Spring began, the most blatant lie told publicly is that it is a war between Turks and Kurds. This argument is based either on sheer ignorance or it is a deliberate attempt at disinformation. Turkey has a population of around 15 million Kurds who have the same civil rights as all other citizens. Turkey has had presidents and many ministers of Kurdish descent. The ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) wins the votes of at least half of Turkey's Kurdish citizens. There are over 100 AK Party deputies serving in the Turkish Parliament who are Kurdish.

Heres the 2018 NY Times article:

NY Times

The Kurdish fighters who are battling the Islamic State jihadists in Syria are regarded by the United States as its most reliable partners there. But to Turkey, a NATO ally of the United States, these Kurds are terrorists. The Kurdish group, known as the People’s Protection Units, or Y.P.G., is now facing an escalating battle with Turkish forces in northwestern Syria, complicating American policy. The group has deep ties to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, also known as the P.K.K. Both Turkey and the United States consider the P.K.K. to be a terrorist organization for its violent separatist movement inside Turkey.

Summary:

So why the forever spin that these Kurds fighting in Northern Syria are the best of the best of the best Boy Scouts. Apparently they are a blend of mercenaries and yes some Kurds who also align themselves with another radical group whom have assassinated Turkish Generals. They also will change their allegiance on a dime. So why don't our US Generals tell us that? Especially the retired ones along with the fun bunch on CNN. Plus was up with any US politician speaking about atrocities against the Kurd's or Crimes against Humanity and connecting that to Trump? I say its just another ruse.

Baaaad.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Kurds are the largest minority in Turkey and they’ve been fighting since the early 1900s .

There’s been open rebellion in the Kurdish territories since the 1970’s . At least two police stations were car bombed in recent memory . Erdogan bombs the PKK in eastern turkey and there are engagements between the PPK and the Turkish army regularly .

Since the coup Erdogan has had his thumb on them pretty hard .

Throw the Islamic terrorist outraged at how moderate the country is.

That place is such a mess you couldn’t fix with the smell of 🦃 bacon .
edit on 25-10-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I predict no matter what our foreign policy is in the Middle East NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years. The Middle East is a complete waste of time and money.

Whether we pull out now or in 20 or 50 years the result will be the same.

America first and the Middle East second!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I 100% agree with that statement.

Enough is enough.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I predict no matter what our foreign policy is in the Middle East NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years. The Middle East is a complete waste of time and money.

aint that the truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agree

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

aint that the truth.

It probably my doesn't help that for the last 200 years western powers have been deliberately pitting them against each other for political purposes. First it was they europeans, and now it's america.

Washington and the UK helped to put dictators in power in iran, Iraq Syria, Saudi, Kuwait and a few other choice places and set them up to fight proxy wars in their behalf.

Iran used to be best buddies with Washington until they went socislist. Then Iraq was America's best friend. Washington has tamed the flames in that region over oil and in order to keep the Russians out for decades.

Maybe Washington should pull out 100℅ and let Iran take over?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

you only went back 200 years, why is that??

can you show when the ME was at peace in the 500 years??

the Ottoman Empire comes to mind, but even then there were wars and skirmishes.

you do remember those folks right???

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
So are we being played again as the Vilage Idiot by the US MSM along with both certain Democrats and Republicans via the slant taken towards the Kurds in Northern Syria? I think we are. Yep Orange Man Bad. He left them hanging out to dry. Why don't we say it again. As in Baaaad. Just like a Sheep. Baaad. So read on.

Seems to me that everyone one out there was playing the theme that Trump is backing out on the Kurds in Syria. Right? Even Lindsey Graham lit up and there were "crimes against humanity" being mentioned about Trump. OK so here's an article from Turkey written by the Daily Sabah. I can use it since Turkey is a NATO country . Right? they are our Buds. Right? The writer goes on to describe the history of Kurds inside Turkey along with just whom are the Kurds in Syria. There is a difference. I found an article written by a US MSM newspaper from 2018 basically validating the Syria newspaper article. Its written by the NY Times from 2018. The link is near the bottom of this thread.

Daily Sabah

Of all "the incitement to discourse" since Operation Peace Spring began, the most blatant lie told publicly is that it is a war between Turks and Kurds. This argument is based either on sheer ignorance or it is a deliberate attempt at disinformation. Turkey has a population of around 15 million Kurds who have the same civil rights as all other citizens. Turkey has had presidents and many ministers of Kurdish descent. The ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) wins the votes of at least half of Turkey's Kurdish citizens. There are over 100 AK Party deputies serving in the Turkish Parliament who are Kurdish.

Heres the 2018 NY Times article:

NY Times

The Kurdish fighters who are battling the Islamic State jihadists in Syria are regarded by the United States as its most reliable partners there. But to Turkey, a NATO ally of the United States, these Kurds are terrorists. The Kurdish group, known as the People’s Protection Units, or Y.P.G., is now facing an escalating battle with Turkish forces in northwestern Syria, complicating American policy. The group has deep ties to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, also known as the P.K.K. Both Turkey and the United States consider the P.K.K. to be a terrorist organization for its violent separatist movement inside Turkey.

Summary:

So why the forever spin that these Kurds fighting in Northern Syria are the best of the best of the best Boy Scouts. Apparently they are a blend of mercenaries and yes some Kurds who also align themselves with another radical group whom have assassinated Turkish Generals. They also will change their allegiance on a dime. So why don't our US Generals tell us that? Especially the retired ones along with the fun bunch on CNN. Plus was up with any US politician speaking about atrocities against the Kurd's or Crimes against Humanity and connecting that to Trump? I say its just another ruse.

Baaaad.

CNN has been at pains to let people know who's what re the Kurds.

Anderson Cooper, referencing Trump...you know, the one who is actually tarring the wrong people with the terrorist brush.

"This is a huge victory for Russia. Russian troops have now quickly occupied the bases, the forward bases that U.S. Special Forces have been in and now he's just basically kind of linking all the Kurds to do PKK, which is an organization which Turkey does have legitimate concerns about terror attacks."..."But that -- you know, the Kurds who are fighting and dying for the U.S. and for themselves in the battle against ISIS, those are our allies."

News AC360,

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:A3UZcGXNV2MJ:www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1910/16/acd.01.html+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

http:// webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:A3UZcGXNV2MJ:www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1910/16/acd.01.html+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Above, copy and paste in brower...close gap to read.
edit on 25-10-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

We don't agree on much, but we are lock-step on this.

Well said...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You don't seem to get it do you? You follow the MSM Sheeple Networks here that promote fake news. I do not. Nice bait and switch

top topics

join