It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cancels All Admins' NYT, WaPo Subs: "Will Save 100s Of 1000s Of Taxpayer Dollars"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

You forgot the daily mail.

Also, i'm sure can just use outline to read them if they really want. Who subscribes to newspapers any more anyway?
edit on 25/10/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Forcing the government to supply a news source is. . . ummmm. . . . authoritarian.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yeah. Without Trump buying newspapers no one has the ability to shell out 2 bucks to buy it on their own.

I totes see the logic.

I guess they will all have time to go out and get their own everything when they come to work in the mornings. Time well spent. Information is vital to most government work.
The point is though they have not stopped buying news they stopped buying one not approved by one 4 year Government employ.

Pay for a subscription and it will be delivered to you. Same as before.
I bet if Obama did this you'd all be cheering how he was saving the trees.

(post by ambassado12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Our building cafeteria had a nearly $2 million overhaul and yes it is quite nice. Lots of big screen TV's and the people were watching Fox News. Someone had a hissy fit and turned to cnn then back to Fox then the remotes disappeared. So cnn. a few days later Fox was back. Someone found a way to lock the channels. Next darkness till everyone quit messing with the TV's. Then cnn again then Fox. Now dark screens.
Been of a couple of weeks today one had Fox another cnn. more people were in front of Fox by 3-1 at least.

Stay tuned!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 727Sky

That's what dictators do, only positive press is allowed and I'm betting a good contingent of his followers are quite fine with this as they don't support freedom of press let alone freedom for the public.

So when Obama surveilled a Fox News’ reporter, excluded Fox News from interviews, and said FOX's “point of view” was “ultimately destructive” to the U.S. That's ok. He prosecuted wistleblowers and denied FOIA request at the greatest rate of any previous presidency.

Trump cancels news subscriptions and only now you're clutching your pearls?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

My personal convenience is disrupted by the hours of waiting in the place... every thing else is secondary.. except the distance to the place... I have health problems that causes me to limit how far I drive and the dmv is out of that range... which is why after the deadline for getting the real id they can kiss my behind if they actually think I'm gonna get one just for the priviledge of entering one of their buildings.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

Live your life through assumptions and you will assume too much.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.
So, can you explain how not buying a newspaper is an attack on free speech?

If I were to trump you, I would ignore your reply, call it an attack then proceed to remove you from my reply list.

So, you are unable to clarify how not buying a newspaper is an attack on free speech?
That's what I thought. Because it isn't.

Sure let's set a precedent as we speak , remove all media that is critical to the current administration that way we are guaranteed only positive press.

Why should the tax payer be forced to subsidize the purchase of these papers for government employees? Why cant those people in government just buy them, you know, like the rest of us? I know, radical idea.

These offices have coffee to, I bet they provide paper and pencils unlike the schools. Maybe they don't need those.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Who said it was about saving money?

Just go back and reread the thread. Clearly many People keep saying just that. You know what I bet you already know that and just wanted something to say.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

who said it was ONLY about cost savings?? Please link to where it has been said this is ONLY about cost savings???

Please link where ( I ) said that!

(post by dawnstar removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yeah. Without Trump buying newspapers no one has the ability to shell out 2 bucks to buy it on their own.

I totes see the logic.

I guess they will all have time to go out and get their own everything when they come to work in the mornings. Time well spent. Information is vital to most government work.
The point is though they have not stopped buying news they stopped buying one not approved by one 4 year Government employ.

Pay for a subscription and it will be delivered to you. Same as before.
I bet if Obama did this you'd all be cheering how he was saving the trees.

That would be great, just make sure it is about all publications equally.
Cheering huh? I have lived a long time and through many Presidential employees time in office. I have never cheered any of them or berated their personage either. They are humans doing a job temporarily. The position is what should be respected not the individuals that come and go.

Any Person worship I find repulsive! It is what leads to the disasters that befall the earth but there are to few left that have seen these things most People are clueless.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: The2Billies

Today it is a total waste of government money to pay for any print subscription. Period.

So they pay for non print instead? if there are no paid news who pays the journalists?
This is why there is any news someone does a job someone gets paid.

can you define a Journalists job??

is it to inform the public, or sway the public opinion??

if it's to inform, they are not doing their Jobs, so, why should they be paid??

or do you get paid for not doiing the Job you were hired to do?
edit on 25-10-2019 by thedigirati because: typos

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

wow zoom went over your head.

You said it was about cost savings, I did not.

projection is quite strong with you huh??

I bet you think a lot of things that are not connect to reality, this is but ONE of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a dictator wouldn't have been paying for them in the first place. he would have just taken the fish wrapper rags if he wanted to read them.

You made snort

Shakka bra 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙

President Trump should just go all out now...........

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Only because so many are highlighting that point..
And, just what is or isnt fake news seems to be rather contested at the moment.
And quite frankly, people who not really that long ago were claiming hillary was dying, a pizza shop with no basement was holding kids in their basement as sex slaves, and the dead children of sandy hook weren't really dead just dont seem to have the qualifications to determine just what fake news is or who is a good journalist.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Reacting to the news, Jonathan Karl, president of the White House Correspondents' Association, said on Thursday, "I have no doubt the hardworking reporters of The New York Times and Washington Post will continue to do quality journalism,

“Quality journalism”

Yeah.

Ok.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Only because so many are highlighting that point..
And, just what is or isnt fake news seems to be rather contested at the moment.
And quite frankly, people who not really that long ago were claiming hillary was dying, a pizza shop with no basement was holding kids in their basement as sex slaves, and the dead children of sandy hook weren't really dead just dont seem to have the qualifications to determine just what fake news is or who is a good journalist.

You could be correct. I do not know, I was not in ANY of those threads.

but thanks for the info.

ETA: I don't go to the Q threads either, so there is that.
edit on 25-10-2019 by thedigirati because: Q is a character on Star Trek TNG.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

This is not the Political Mud Pit. Several posts have already been removed for Political Trolling. It takes a staff member much less time to remove the post than it does you to post it.

The snide political shots stop now.
Discuss the topic in a civil, ATS-worthy manner or start a new threat in the Political Mud Pit. This behavior is not tolerated outside of that forum.

Do not reply to this post.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator/Member

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join