It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost all your decisions are made by your unconscious mind.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Very interesting theory, now i know what ill be doing to my dictionary.
But what about other languages.... Most of it stems from latin or greek according to the catholic church..
I guess thats where ill start

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't understand this all too well. How are these things unconscious processes? Are some people honestly not aware of the visualization that's constantly processing things in their minds? Are they not aware of where these feelings/memories come from after encountering similar experiences?

This stuff isn't in the slightest bit unconscious to me. I prefer to call some of this the subconscious mind, and am quite aware that I'm in contact with it 24/7.

It seems that a lack of high self-awareness is what's holding people back. Boy, if people could spend a minute in my mind they'd probably go nuts!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Better make sure you have proper copyrights before you go encoding and encrypting too much more of what you read!

Seriously, though, this is a fascinating thread!It wasn't until I was halfway through that I realized much of it was over five years old! I was trying to keep track of things I wanted to respond to or ask questions about. Considering the time that's past, maybe I should chunk it up into new threads, then come back and revisit the newer posts here...once this headache eases up *lol*

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
¡Ay Caramba! Double post.

Can I transfer the star?

[edit on 16/8/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyMick

So basically, and if im wrong dont hate, everything we choose is decided by the unconscious mind. If that is so, what does the conscious mind do then?

In the old days, when cowboy movies were popular, you'd watch the crowd coming out of the cinema after the show and all the guys would be walking like gunfighters.

That's what the conscious mind does. It watches the movie and thinks it's the hero.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

I think the term "unconscious mind" may be confused in some cases by limited, and largely discredited Freudian psychology buffs. Frankly it was based on the original attempt at looking at the neurological methods of how and why we think, to discover some pathway. No way was that possible when Freud was doing his thing so he settled on what was to me a rather bizarre construct of what the human mind does and why. Even today there are psychiatrists and psychologists who still cling to this "odd" (to be kind) interpretive dynamics of behavior.

So I do not use the term "unconscious" in defining how the brain works. We could get into some very interesting concepts that link the localized brain-in-a-skull with non-localized brain&thought as well as in remote influence of behavior. This is clearly IMO based on quantum non-locality and the almost proven fact that the brain operates in several amazing ways, such as processing information and even the "spooky" stuff, like the identified aspect that twins seem to have a remarkable bond, at least identical twins that seems to be what can only be called a telepathic link-to-emotional events between identical twins. Aside that we have solid proof that quantum activity; tunneling, bi-locality of various pairs of particle&wave behavior and much more has been identified in plant photosynthesis. When it involves the brain, this is a specific category, called neuroquantology. But thats to wordy a topic for this post.

Back on point, the "unconscious" brain is not so much unconscious as in not accessible, openly aware of&by the brain in normal day-to-day tasks, but categorized and prioritized so that much of the background "noise" were all exposed to, and not just sound but all stimulus is compartmented so we don't go nuts. Not to mention all the autonomic, or "house keeping functions" the brain does we don't have to be aware of, like keeping your heart going, or responding to sudden stress as in fight or flight actions. That interesting "slow motion effect" the kind that happens if your in a car accident is the brain dumping adrenaline, cortisol, etc into the body for rapid use. Time doesn't of course slow down in those situations YOU speed up, hence everything else seems to slow down. But we seem to have evidence in some respects that we take note of EVERYTHING, just that it's not something we need to.

A savant with the ability to link names, dates, and other abilities is an example of that particular filter being "turned off, or down "compared to the rest of us. And it's very rare that a savant can have these abilities with out it costing them in flexibility in social situations, or other cognitive functions, for example. In one respect a savant with this capacity has a unique form of OCB, obsessive compulsive behavior, IMO.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Responsibility is a conscious/unconscious emotion, in my opinion. Ever run into that person who defends a far out idea that is anything but logical? Well they felt the responsibility to defend what they like consciously. You see it all the time when someone likes a certain musician and someone completely abhors that artist, the person who likes the musician may defend them as if they were a close friend. Our mind is a super computer that is programmed by our everyday life whether we like it or not.

Now at the age of 25 I laugh when I look back at myself as a child and how I used to defend a musician or maybe a movie, as if it was my job to do so. Ridiculousness lol.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Very true. I had a BUD. Big ugly dish sattelite and noticed that the shows would be a certain volume while the comercials would be in a higher volume. That is just the audio, however, I think they also visualy manipulate you which would be considered subbliminal and I thought there was a law about that some where.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join