It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bern One Down

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
Perhaps I was not clear.
They have EVERY right to fire you for on the job use.
They have no right to what you do in your off hours legally.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah , Keep Everybody Stoned While the Commies Take Over America ..NEVER ! ...........NEXT .

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
nobody has to get stoned
it is still an individual choice
the pursuit of happiness is still a thing here, right?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You Are ASLEEP , Wake the F#uck Up .

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You Are ASLEEP , Wake the F#uck Up .

no
not asleep
you are, however, rude

freedom of choice is a good thing
whats next a link to reefer madness?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wake UP , the Perception of " Rude " is just a Particular State of Your Unconscious Mind . I am being in Reality , Honest .
edit on 25-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: MykeNukem

It worked for Trudeau here in Canada.

I thought he was a candidate with character?
It was a popular stance in Canada.
Packed with tegrity.

Lol...yea he's packed full of sumthin...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Even if it was Federally legal a company could fire someone if they fail a drug screening so yeah, you could do it but the government can't guarantee you won't get fired.

I disagree
They cant fire you for nicotine, alcohol, or other legal substances.
Should it be legal while they could fire you for on the job use, use away from work is none of their business.

Lawsuits would be filed.
It is not my fault they dont have a test for "right now".

What. You can totally get fired from almost every job being drunk on the job and even smoking in unauthorized places. It's legal but with restrictions. Can't just do whatever you want with substances that alter your mind and reflexes and impede on the health of others.

yes you can get fired for being drunk while working. but that is not what is being talked about. what is being talked about is getting fired for using it at all, not just when you are at work. and that would include a person who smokes up on Friday after work, and yet does not have to work until Monday. you certainly don't see someone get fired for drinking a case of beer on Friday after work, and don't have to work again until Monday. and that is the point of the original comment is that companies can fire you for just using no matter when it is you are using it. not just if you show up to, or get stoned at work. and that IS a huge issue. the fact is the rules should be the same for everything. be it pot, alcohol, or even mind altering prescription drugs (such as, and especially things like SSRI's), as well as prescription narcotics and pain killers. in fact i would even go so far as to say include illegal drugs in that. if you are stoned on pot, drunk on alcohol, taking prescription narcotics or even on mind altering prescription drugs while working, yes you should be fired. but if you are on these things while not at work, on your own time there should be no problems at all. what you do on your own time, is your own business, and no one else's, unless you are doing something against the law. in which case that is a criminal matter to be appropriately handled by the police and justice system.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

If a person is a shallow one issue voter, this might get that group up off the couch and to their voting station.

In that vein, candidate Andrew Yang's promise of $1,000 @ month for life, would buy a ton of votes.

In fact..it's starting to happen: www.businessinsider.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join