It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics 911 debunk workings of a Bush Cabal cover-up!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Popular Mechanics the supposed "excellent" article which covers all 9/11 myths/conspiracies has taken yet another debunking snag! Nepotism this time, and almost reminiscent of the 2000 Bush family dictated presidential elections.

Benjamin Chertoff "senior researcher" of Popular Mechanics 911 debunking article is none other than first cousin of Michael Chertoff, our new secretary of the department of Homeland Security!

www.prisonplanet.com...

Stand back folks, Laura Bush's cousin might have something to say!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Big deal. I have first cousins that I haven't spoken to in 20 years!

Rather that formulating an ad hominum argument, why don't you try to come up with a scientifically, and technically valid response to the PM article. I bet you can't.

That is why you are making the ad hominum argument.

As they say down south: "that dog won't hunt."

[edit on 7-3-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Rather that formulating an ad hominum argument, why don't you try to come up with a scientifically, and technically valid response to the PM article. I bet you can't.

Rather than you formulating ho-hum arguments defending an article that contains LESS in-depth investigation evidence to support its claims than our "conspiracy theories." Why don't you try to acknowledge the obvious nepotism family link here? Accepting Ignorance now are we?

I participated in the silly Popular Mechanics article and put forth your "technically responsive answer" which like always, came up unanswered or unexplainable by PM supporters.

Fire requires oxygen, correct? The hotter a fire becomes is proportional to available oxygen, correct? For a fuel fire to burn hot enough to melt steal a visible inferno would have to take place, fire will burn in the direction of it's most abundant oxygen supply. Watch WTC video footage and take notice of all that precious steal melting fuel burn up instantly in Earth's atmosphere resulting in no inferno! Oh yea, you'll claim that a vast amount of oxygen came from magical elevator shafts and not the broken window/outer wall leading into the ATMOSPHERE!

What I dont get is supporters claim inferno fires melted steal and WTC materials, when their's clearly no inferno fire burning on video! It's quite silly..

[edit on 7-3-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
blah, blah, blah, . . For a fuel fire to burn hot enough to melt steel. . .
Blah, blah, blah

This argument has been proven false too many times to count.

Why do you persist in making it?

You know that it was not necessary for the fire to heat the steel to the “melting” point for it to fail.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You know that it was not necessary for the fire to heat the steel to the “melting” point for it to fail.

1500-2500 degree INFERNO fires would in my imagination look exactly the same on video camera, so who cares about the exact temperature anyways. Visually, the world should have seen two giant sized matchsticks on blazing fire representing the WTC, only then would supporters have substance in claiming that fire melted steal causing the collapse..

This argument belongs in other Popular Mechanics topics. This thread is directed towards propagandist Benjamin Chertoff and his family related links to our secretary of DOH Michael Chertoff.

Oh and any information of Michael Chertoff & family links to the Israeli Mossad Operation Magic Carpet

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The uncovering of little known, hidden, pertinent facts relating to the machinery of government cover-ups can be one of the greatest benefits of the daily visit to ATS.

Thanks syntaxer and the prisonplanet publishers. Fact is, Popular Mechanics rely on people not caring about who Chertoff was or how he is connected. They are correct. Most people would be too apathetic to care for this issue at all.

Also, there will always be people who cling tenaciously to lies - official or otherwise - because the lies support some inner core belief/delusion that cannot be shaken off. I sincerely hope this does not affect the people concerned here, in their everday relations.

BTW Howard, if there is nothing preventing it, I hope you can get closer to your cousins for more family unity. That doesn't have to be corrupt and self-serving like the Chertoffs were.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
MA, If anyone knew where they are, maybe I would. The point is, It doesn't matter if the writer ofthe article is the lost Dauphin of France, the fact is, the Popular Mechanic's article acurately points out the major flaws in the conspiracy arguments.

Rather then trying to address these, you try to attack the magazine and the authors.

Whatever. . . .

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Rather then trying to address these, you try to attack the magazine and the authors.

Benjamin Chertoff is 25 years old, quite the powerful status of "senior researcher" at Popular Mechanics magazine. How many established reputable researchers of scientific magazines do you know at the tender young age of 25?

So nepotism should be a key factor here, nepotism which could have played a very decisive role in helping Benjamin land a career advancement with Popular Mechanics.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So, you claim that Benjamin Chertoff is a Senior researcher. How come on this page he is only listed as a “Researcher?”

You imply that he wrote this article all by himself.

Hmm, The by line for the PM article.

REPORTING: Benjamin Chertoff, Davin Coburn, Michael Connery, David Enders, Kevin Haynes, Kristin Roth, Tracy Saelinger, Erik Sofge and the editors of POPULAR MECHANICS.

Nope, there are others who wrote it also.

Why is his name first? Because they are in alphabetical order.

You are grasping at straws.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So, you claim that Benjamin Chertoff is a Senior researcher. How come on this page he is only listed as a “Researcher?”

Benjamin Chertoff is the only researcher listed, that would imply senior status.

You imply that he wrote this article all by himself.

He's a researcher, and thanks to your provided link you have proven he's PM senior researcher. Nobody implied he wrote the article himself, that would be you making that assumption. The PM article was obviously flawed and poorly researched, would that be considered the writers fault or the senior researcher? I believe that would place responsibility on the researcher and his team in failing to deliver the facts.

Let me guess, you probably supported John Ashcroft's appointment to head the non-investigating "911 Investigation" ?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Please read the PM article. It's a good example of the best they can muster (so far - the cover-ups will get more skillful as time passes)

Note especially how they play up the seismic evidence at the WTC but neglect to mention its curious absence at the Pentagon.

And the wings just f-l-o-w-e-d like a liquid, see. It just (took a hard 90 degree turn and then) just f-l-o-w-e-d like a liquid inside. Aluminum, fuel, all of it that didn't fit. Really, it did!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Art Bell is taking a lot of heat for this. Please see:

www.rense.com...

And:

Who exactly is Art Bell?

And:

Art Bell fooled me

My hero for so many years!
I'm very dissapointed in this.

I will stick to George Noory from now on!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ben Chertoff is a research editor for Popular Mechanics magazine . He has publically addressed the "claimed" relation to Michael Chertoff. Christopher Bollyn of American Free Press called Ben's mother and asked if their is any relation. She said he MIGHT be a distant cousin but she did not know for sure. Ben has never met or spoken to Michael Chertoff. Christopher Bollyn spun this info to read direct cousin. How many here have actually spoken to all of their cousins (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)? Anyway...the article has alot of valid points researched by independent companies. It's best to look at all sides to make an informed opinion.

Please get your facts correct. Steel only needs to weaken from heat to become unstable and fail. Logic and reason are not bad things.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by antipigopolist]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"Please get your facts correct. Steel only needs to weaken from heat to become unstable and fail."

You might want to read this,

Do you have the answer?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
www.americanfreepress.net...

I know this is by sub only.

Are there any links to the direct Chertoff account of events?

One good Chertoff deserves another.

Never mind, I'll do it myself...

Bell Hosts Popular Mechanics
Mag 911 Debunker
From Christopher Bollyn
American Free Press, Washington, D.C.
3-5-5

To: Mr. Art Bell Coast to Coast Radio Date: March 4, 2005

Re: Upcoming Radio Interview with 9/11 Propagandist Benjamin Chertoff, cousin of Michael Chertoff, on Saturday, March 5, 2005

Dear Mr. Bell,

I see that you will interview Benjamin Chertoff, the 25-year-old "senior researcher" of Popular Mechanics and his research and role in producing the current cover story "Debunking the Lies of 9/11," on your show tomorrow night, Saturday, March 5.

As your Coast to Coast network website says about the upcoming Art Bell show: "Research editor for Popular Mechanics magazine, Ben Chertoff, will discuss the 16 most prevalent claims made by conspiratorial theorists regarding 9/11 and how the staff of Popular Mechanics debunked each of them."

COUSIN OF MICHAEL CHERTOFF

Because Benjamin Chertoff is a cousin of Michael Chertoff, the new head of the Dept. of Homeland Security, a massive bureaucratic security agency created as a result of 9/11, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

Do you condone the flagrant and undemocratic nepotism of the Bush administration, for example this Chertoff connection, whereby a senior government official's cousin has written a propaganda piece supporting the government's seriously flawed and incomplete investigation of the events of 9/11?

This is the kind of thing that Saddam Hussein was known for. This is not very American and at all honest journalism.

Will you ask Ben Chertoff about the journalistic ethics practiced by Hearst Corp. and Popular Mechanics in which a cousin of the "homeland security" czar has produced a major propaganda piece in Popular Mechanics which clearly seeks to discredit the citizens' 9/11 investigation and calls serious researchers like myself, Eric Hufschmid, and Dave von Kleist - liars and extremists?

Will you ask Ben, Popular Mechanics "senior researcher" about how "secondary fires" i.e. burning office furniture, supplies and paper, "induced the collapse" of the twin towers, as the FEMA-Building Performance Study conducted by a team headed by Dr. Gene Corely during ONE WEEK, concluded - including the complete collapse of the towers' 47 central columns? (Source: Executive Summary by Gene Corley, FEMA-BPS 2002)

I would advise you to ask him why the Windsor Building in Madrid endured a 24-hour inferno with temperatures of 1,000 Celsius, without collapsing, on Feb. 12-13, 2005.

Will you, on coast-to-coast radio ask Ben about his relationship with his cousin Michael Chertoff. And will you also ask about Mike's dual-national status as an Israeli national by virtue of the fact that his mother was the first hostess with Israel's El Al airlines and a Mossad operative in 1949-1950 during Operation Magic Carpet?

Tip: Ben's mom told me that Ben is a "cousin" of Michael Chertoff, the Sec. of DHS. Ben's mom, Judy Dargan, can be reached in Pelham, New York, where Ben graduated from high school in 1998. Judy told me that Ben's dad is Larry Chertoff. I think he is a senior executive with the NY EPA and deals with water issues, but I have not confirmed that.

For more information about Benjamin Chertoff and his ties to Michael Chertoff - and Michael's ties to Israel - and Mossad - please read the following:

9/11 AND CHERTOFF: COUSIN WROTE 9/11 PROPAGANDA FOR PM

www.rumormillnews.com...

CONTROLLED PRESS HIDES CHERTOFF'S ISRAELI ROOTS by C. Bollyn (AFP)

www.rumormillnews.com...

WILL ART BELL ASK BEN CHERTOFF ABOUT HIS TIES TO DHS?

www.rumormillnews.com...

Mr. Bell, I will be listening. If you fail to openly address and discuss these essential and troublesome facts, I will be forced to accept the conclusion that you are also part of the 9/11 cover up.

Respectfully,

Christopher Bollyn
American Free Press
Washington, D.C.
www.americanfreepress.net

[edit on 7-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
When a/an conspiracy theory gets debunked or proven futile in the slightest degree, the first thing that gets claimed by those believing conspiracists is that those who did the debunking are part of the Government or part of a 'front' to deny the truth.

How about prove that factoid wrong, k?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think the premise is that it is unusual that a 25-year old will be in the position of senior researcher, that the Popular Mechanics article was selective crap for a tame audience, and that the familial tie is something that ought to be examined.

The "front" to "cover" and "obfuscate on" the "truth" is of course a reasonably broad one, with spinoffs much broader than "16 myths" lined up for debunking and with only a few in possession of key facts and answers from the perpetrators. Conjecture and speculation and argument and denial are all good for obscuring the truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Do you have the answer?

Let's keep in mind that the author of the article you linked is Lisa Giuliani, an associate editor of Babel Magazine and runs the popular online discussion group New World Order Corner and has no expertise in the feild of metallurgy. And also keep in mind that Ben Chertoff is no more an expert as well. They are journalists with their own slant and opinions relating to who they work for in most cases. Consider the sources. I'm still on the fence with regard to whether or not our goverment is capable of being this devious and/or smart enough to keep quiet the thousands who would have had to have been involved. But please...don't let me impede you!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm not saying its the truth, i'm simply putting up the story with the hopes someone has the answer!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join