It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day the War ended - Today in History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
On October 24, 1951, President Harry Truman finally proclaims that the nation’s war with Germany, begun in 1941, is officially over. Fighting had ended in the spring of 1945

www.history.com...

The United Nations is born
On October 24, 1945, the United Nations Charter, which was adopted and signed on June 26, 1945, is now effective and ready to be enforced. The United Nations was born of perceived necessity, as a means of better arbitrating international conflict and negotiating peace .

October 24
President Eisenhower pledges support to South Vietnam

The Concorde makes its final flight
The supersonic Concorde jet makes its last commercial passenger flight, traveling at twice the speed of sound from New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to London’s Heathrow Airport on October 24, 2003

October 24h Unkown Soldier is selected honored among the approximately 77,000 United States servicemen killed on the Western Front during World War I. Once back in the United States, the Unknown Soldier was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, near Washington, D.C.

More at www.history.com...

Least we forget

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I joined my first FMF unit on the 24th of October 2003 spent my first Usmc birthday on the 31st doing squad rushes on the molly pitcher LZ days later.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And just 101 years ago today the First world war ended 11/11/11

new topics

join