It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do cop shows increase the power of the man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

There is a local conservative radio host in Memphis who ALWAYS takes the cops side in any Shady shootings Or whatever, right before saying that same 99% stat.

The funny part is the same host also tells this story about a cop running a red light and hitting some 16 year old girl, while he was at the opposite light.

The cop jumps out and tries to pretend it is the young girls fault, so he decides to step in.

By that time 2 more officers had arrived and when he approached them telling them it was really the officers fault, the 2 other officers then attempt to strong arm him to shut up and go away..

So if 99% of cops are good, how did 3 bad cops show up in order at the same BS traffic call???

That 99% is a fiction.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Totally different..

The cop shows only bust violent crime and bigwig criminals and is fictional..

Cops is ALL regular people and real..

There has probably never been a rape Or murder bust on cops..

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh there are plenty of legit stupid people, but regular folks they make look way worse mixed in as well..

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Totally different..

The cop shows only bust violent crime and bigwig criminals and is fictional..

Cops is ALL regular people and real..

There has probably never been a rape Or murder bust on cops..

OK. But there can be reasons other than entertainment why any of them are on TV. Cops can be used for propaganda purposes too.
edit on 24-10-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

They keep pumping them out because they found a formula that works and putting out anything new is a risk. It might fail. So until they take an actual risk with something new and it hits it big time, then you'll be seeing retreads of the same old stuff with a fresh coat of paint.

I can see that, it's like that in the music industry too. Maybe that's it, but cop TV shows since at least the 1950s? I have concerns about their real motivations yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Fair enough, but one has been monumentally Directly devastating to thousands of lives some totally innocent..

A big chunk of the time when they make an arrest after a street side drug test, testing some substance I mean, it is not accurate. Multiple officers have even been caught faking the drug test for the camera..

Now the defendant gets off, but after being on tv for drug possession, being arrested and having their car towed.. minimum..

Worse than that , it is not an accurate representation of the average cops day..

So it has desensitized us to police violence.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So what's the dark conspiracy behind the sit-com? That's been around just as long.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I like the ones where they sprinkle crack on the guy after they beat him senseless.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
Humans need law enforcement , because they can't behave it is as simple as that.

Problem being that law enforcers are also humans. Humans can't behave?

How about : Not all humans are good humans, and not all cops are good cops.

The perfect world would be where you don't need law enforcement , but thats not in our nature.

I don't need law enforcement ,i pay my taxes and my bills and work my job and keep out of sight.

Some people don't however.

If you got a idea on how to contain criminals without law enforcement be my guest.

edit on 25-10-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So what's the dark conspiracy behind the sit-com? That's been around just as long.

Yeah, there's that too. I have considered agenda on a number of sit-coms lately. That ties in but deserves a thread of it's own.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Most cops show I watch appears to push for the power of the government.

How many shows do you watch where the cops break a law to catch the ‘bad’ people? As you watch, you cheer the law breaking cops over the citizen.

Is it a plan, does it just make good TV, just a combination of both

You should watch lawyer shows.

They're all about breaking the law, and ignoring the law,making political speeches that have nothing to do with the actual court cases.

Yeah it's ALL according to a certain political agenda.

Because it boils down to political propaganda.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join