It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another 39 dead illegal immigrants [ UK ]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
this is in rant - because both the story and its reportage trigger my urge to kill someone

the " back story "

on the morning of 23 OCTOBER 2019 - a refrigerated container was shipped from zebruge [ belgium ] to purfleet [ UK ] its origin was bulgaria - but it was shipped across the chanel " unattached " [ tractors at both ports load // unload such units - and they are collected from a holding yard at the destination port ]

the scania prime mover - which collected the unit from purfleet - was driven from dublin [ ferry to holyhead [ anglesy ] - by an irish national - with no load - it [ the scania - is registered in bulgaria - and owned by an irish company

30 minuites after derarting the port - the unit stopped at an industrial park in greys [ essex ] and the driver - and irishman [ and possibly others ] discovered at leat one dead body - in the unit that was - by then chilled to -25 celcius

police were allerted - and 39 corpses have been found in the cargo

the driver has been arrested - investigations continue

the dead have been idenified as " chinese "

thats the bare bones of the story

so far - a time of death has not been released by police - but its certain that the dead were loaded int the unit before it passed through zeebruges port - it COULD have been loaded with imigrats in any of several countries from bulgaria >> belgium

now this entire situation infuriates me on 2 fronts :

1 - they are chinese - and " somehow " made it to bulbaria unscathed - but had some impetus that the UK would be thier ultimate destination . they COULD have safley entred almost any other country in europe safley from bulgaria - but no - they ended up in a sealed freezer unit desination UK

2 - the reportage from the UK press - is an abomination - mistakes abound - beasic fact checking has gone out the window and the details that certain outlests deem " newsworthy " are so assanine - i would burn down thier printing depot - just to stop them

3 - the wankers - demanding that i react " accordingly " to this - yes - its a tragedy that 39 people are dead - but its ultimately possible they fled the " hell-hole of belgium "

rant over

oh better toss out at least one link .

source

google more reportage - at your peril

the telegraph is poor - but it gets worse - trust me - and i refuse to link some

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Suggestions of underworld human trafficking syndicate at work here.

But in your op i see -

1 : "urge to kill someone"

2 : "i would burn down their printing depot"

Maybe they heard this is the type of attitudes that await them and they suicided????

So whats the rant ????

1 : You don't want them in your country
Or
2 : your pissed their deceased.

I can't make out what your actual issue is here?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I hope the irony of this quote from your OP is not lost on anyone; you most of all:

2 - the reportage from the UK press - is an abomination - mistakes abound - beasic fact checking has gone out the window and the details that certain outlests deem " newsworthy " are so assanine - i would burn down thier printing depot - just to stop them

I'm still shaking my head.

Back on topic, I guess... Sad story. Unfortunately an everyday occurrence.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

1 - they are chinese - and " somehow " made it to bulbaria unscathed - but had some impetus that the UK would be thier ultimate destination . they COULD have safley entred almost any other country in europe safley from bulgaria - but no - they ended up in a sealed freezer unit desination UK

I was surprised the dead were Chinese , on reflection I think it could be they were Chinese Uyghur Muslims fleeing the crack down they face in China , Uyghur Muslims have historical links to Turkey which has a border with Bulgaria so that could explain why and how they journey started in Bulgaria.

I think although overly emotional the reporting reflects the seriousness of the discovery and how porous our border is when it comes to road freight , I work in the haulage industry and think it likely the driver picked up the trailer unaware of its contents , perhaps he heard noises which prompted him to check his load and make the grim discovery and then call the emergency services.

If nothing else this incident must force action for closer scrutiny of what is coming into this country at ferry ports.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If I was unlucky enough to be born in a neo commie police state where the system can legally put you in torture camps/forcibly sterilise/harvest organs for saying anything bad about the regime,or being born the "wrong"religion-and if I managed to hold on to my own mind after a life of brainwashing...

I think I would want to escape to somewhere where at least a thin veneer of freedom exists.

Wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I was surprised the dead were Chinese , on reflection I think it could be they were Chinese Uyghur Muslims fleeing the crack down they face in China , Uyghur Muslims have historical links to Turkey which has a border with Bulgaria so that could explain why and how they journey started in Bulgaria.

I think although overly emotional the reporting reflects the seriousness of the discovery and how porous our border is when it comes to road freight , I work in the haulage industry and think it likely the driver picked up the trailer unaware of its contents , perhaps he heard noises which prompted him to check his load and make the grim discovery and then call the emergency services.

If nothing else this incident must force action for closer scrutiny of what is coming into this country at ferry ports.

Its more likely that they are regular han chinese, or from one of the larger minority groups. Its relatively common for them to smuggle themselves int countries with high value currency and then to send money home.

My money is that they are fleeing poverty rather than persecution.

If you go out into the smaller villages you will often see one or two gleaming white tiled houses with walls around them. These are often aid for by a relative who went overseas to make their fortune.

Or at least have lived in dire poverty and sent every last cent that they made back home to give the impression that they have made their fortune. When you live in a village where the average person lives on $2-3 a day, having a relative overseas who sends back $100 a month makes you feel like a millionare.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
this is in rant - because both the story and its reportage trigger my urge to kill someone

the " back story "

on the morning of 23 OCTOBER 2019 - a refrigerated container was shipped from zebruge [ belgium ] to purfleet [ UK ] its origin was bulgaria - but it was shipped across the chanel " unattached " [ tractors at both ports load // unload such units - and they are collected from a holding yard at the destination port ]

the scania prime mover - which collected the unit from purfleet - was driven from dublin [ ferry to holyhead [ anglesy ] - by an irish national - with no load - it [ the scania - is registered in bulgaria - and owned by an irish company

30 minuites after derarting the port - the unit stopped at an industrial park in greys [ essex ] and the driver - and irishman [ and possibly others ] discovered at leat one dead body - in the unit that was - by then chilled to -25 celcius

police were allerted - and 39 corpses have been found in the cargo

the driver has been arrested - investigations continue

the dead have been idenified as " chinese "

thats the bare bones of the story

so far - a time of death has not been released by police - but its certain that the dead were loaded int the unit before it passed through zeebruges port - it COULD have been loaded with imigrats in any of several countries from bulgaria >> belgium

now this entire situation infuriates me on 2 fronts :

3 - the wankers - demanding that i react " accordingly " to this - yes - its a tragedy that 39 people are dead - but its ultimately possible they fled the " hell-hole of belgium "

rant over

oh better toss out at least one link .

source

google more reportage - at your peril

the telegraph is poor - but it gets worse - trust me - and i refuse to link some

And you our brothers and sisters across the pond...have been hollering about the U. S.'s issues with guns, trafficing, etc...and you see...it's not guns and immigrants, but knives and trucks, machetes and cars.

See? Neither of our countries are safe.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nah, the Chinese criminal syndicates will traffic Chinese for cheap labor all over the world. It happens like this in the US too.

People here act like Mexicans are our only illegals so they can scream anti-Hispanic racist at you, but they aren't. The Chinese come here through the ports, possibly even over the southern border since a lot of the cartel weapons are Chinese made, just like the drugs are sometimes Chinese made.

Who do you think works those "special massage" parlors, for example? We had one shut down in this area a few years ago. They are likely girls brought in in this manner.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I thought that too, why the Chinese want to attempt, 'brainwashing' is beyond me.
Anyway, and to be fair to the media, a BBC reporter also mentioned that his thoughts were that way too, though he did say it was speculation on his part.
What I do think is that the media et al, did not speculate on the drivers position in all this, while it was pretty clear from the news pictures, that the tractor was spanking clean, while the trailer was pretty dirty...that would have been worth a mention at least.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All of this does not make sense. Even though, by law, the lorry driver is responsible for his load If it came from Zeebrugge to Purfleet it had to come through customs before the Irish cab picked up the unit. Now if it had a load on it would have had a customs security tag on, if empty it might not have a tag on . Either way tagged or not customs should have checked the trailer (if only to check for illegal immigrants. So that in itself is a failing on their part.
Now when the Irish driver picked up the unit (if it had a tag on) it would be more than his jobs worth to break a security tag. But reading the story he opened the unit to discover the bodies which leads to the reason there was not a tag on.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
... trigger my urge to kill someone

Are you angry because your Shift key is broken and you cannot use capital letters, or even spell check?

IMHO the reporting has been quite good. Because this is a human tragedy the reporting is not sensationalist, but trying to base on the known facts - and at the moment not much is known. The last time a bunch of Chinese were found dead in a lorry container back in 2000, the police uncovered that they were trafficked from China by Chinese gangs.

Either way, there are plenty of reasons why people want to escape China, and the UK has always been a prime destination.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I got to be so bad in the UK there were internet Memes about 2 sharks of the Morcombe coast talking about having being sick of having a Chinese for tea

:en.wikipedia.org...(
edit on 24/10/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well it looks like Vietnamese now. The haulage firm owner and his wife have been arrested at their home in the early hours of today on manslaughter and people trafficking charges.
I have a feeling the Irish driver really had no idea what was in that freezer unit....time will tell

Sad Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
driver has been charged . the tail gets interesting

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Doesn't it just!

Rainbows
Jane

new topics