It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Must BE Holy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Holiness. That term has been denigrated by many in society today. By their, speech, conduct, attitudes, the way they live their lives.

When you hear the term holy what comes to your mind? I am sure some think of cleanliness. Others, many think of hypocrites, who claim to be holy but are false.

What is holiness? It is a state of moral purity, sacredness. In the Hebrew the word can mean to be set apart for God, exclusive, set apart, sanctified to God.

When you think of who is holy what cames to mind?

The Bible tells us about Jehovah's holiness:

"Seraphs were standing above him; each had six wings. Each covered his face with two and covered his feet with two, and each of them would fly about with two.
 And one called to the other:
“Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies.
The whole earth is filled with his glory.”
-Isaiah 6:2, 3.

Yes, Jehovah God, the Most Holy is holy to the superlative degree. It is a quality innate to his very nature. Everything he does, he thinks, he speaks is purity and of the highest quality of holiness. As God is the source of all energy, and has an unlimited amount at his disposal when he uses it to accomplish his will, his active force is rightly called holy spirit.That is, it is the force, or energy doing God's will which is always holy.

Thus God's personal name is holy, to be sanctified. This name, Jehovah means: He causes to become.

And as a holy God he requires it of his creation.

When you look at these scenes what emotions are stirred in you:

When a person views a scene of beauty in nature they are drawn to it. Why? Because it is clean. Jehovah's creation was all created in perfection, clean, and he created humankind with the capacity to both be holy and to be attracted to holiness as he is.

And we are told that to be acceptable to him we must worship with holiness.

"As obedient children, stop being molded by the desires you formerly had in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, become holy yourselves in all your conduct,  for it is written: “You must be holy, because I am holy.”-1 Peter 1:14-16.

When one peers into God's word it can be rightly said that he is peering into the Holy Scriptures. His word is refined like silver in a furnace seven times, all of it of the highest quality of purity:

"The sayings of Jehovah are pure;
They are like silver refined in an earthen furnace, purified seven times.
 You will guard them, O Jehovah."
-Psalm 12:6, 7.

Ezekiel, while in exile in Babylon was given a vision of God's holy throne. Around Jehovah are Seraph's, extremely powerful spirit creatures that reflect Jehvaoh's holiness, and keep Jehovah's holy standards.

Other holy angels known as Cherubs reflect Jehovah's holiness in his wisdom, power, justice, and love (represented by four faces that of an eagle, bull, lion, and human.)

Jehovah is too pure to look on evil. And does not accept worship tainted by what is wicked and false.

In the vision given to Ezekiel Jehovah showed how his people in Jerusalem had defiled his temple, making it unholy. That had even set up alters and false gods to worship. What a disgusting thing in God's sight! Jehovah says about what is unclean:

"For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?  Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”  “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” -2 Corinthians 6:14-17.

Did you know that many of the practices, traditions, and teachings of the Churches of Christendom are not holy, but rather have pagan origins. Such as the worship of idols, the use of the cross in worship, the teaching of the Trinity, the teaching of Hellfire, the teaching of the immorality of the soul.

Jehovah says that one cannot mix the cup of demons with the cup of Jehovah. One must separate themselves from the wickedness of the world, and even the religions that profess to be Christian but are unholy. "Quit touching the unclean thing."

"Beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."-2 Corinthians 7:1.

Perfecting Holiness in the Fear of God

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdgeofParadise
Holiness. That term has been denigrated by many in society today. By their, speech, conduct, attitudes, the way they live their lives.

]

In light of the child sex abuse cloud over your organisation
You are not Holy at all

A Royal Commission

Now don’t go ranting I am ungodly, I am just letting everyone know your organisation protects child sex offenders and secular law has prosecuted you, so don’t lie and deny sexual abuse doesn’t and isn’t happening
edit on 24-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hear hear👍👍👍

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Boom!

Let's smash that cult that is based on domestic disturbance and yes, corrupting the true holy ones, kids!

At some point kids become teens. Then they become adults. Then they are messed up with all kinds of social programming and norms, and therefore, are not holy anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Unless there is a huge backlash against this group of people, when they knock on doors, stand on street corners
Unless they are confronted by their unholy organisation, their individual hypocrisy, unless the community hold them accountable we are at fault to a degree as well

Everybody should be offended by the JW cult and what it is allowing to happen in their organisation
They are just like the Catholics 10 years ago

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Unless there is a huge backlash against this group of people, when they knock on doors, stand on street corners
Unless they are confronted by their unholy organisation, their individual hypocrisy, unless the community hold them accountable we are at fault to a degree as well

Everybody should be offended by the JW cult and what it is allowing to happen in their organisation

Huge backlash? No, i refuse. Too mild.

I hereby declare an open war against them. JW.

I do not believe in violence but when they come, once again, i will speak in a manner that they will never return.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
And yes, i am emotional and i am biased.

My friend has a 5 year old daughter. And i am a godfather of a little over 20 year old young woman. And just the thought of predators like JW are hunting them, gives me no rest.

There is not much i can do, but i will do what i can. Most likely the cult will smash me before i smash them, but... not before i am done.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

The only holy thing here is the amount of holes in the JW's pureness????

What a load of ignorant hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart." - Jesus did not say that.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

Friend? Your lack of accepting others...will keep you locked away, ignorant, in your Watch Tower.

Love, compassion, acceptance of others is key...and yours or anyone's ability to grasp that is imperative.

Don't stop ministering...and don't reply to this. Preach your messages and move on. You aren't the only truth out there...and because of that...your message is as much as others...not the only one.

That's why J.W.'s are faulted. As all of us are. Except? Except what? Your's is not the only "truth" leading to whatever "Source" you, we, he, she, they believe in. Take this to the Kingdom Hall for analysis...because? It's the "real" truth...

I reluctantly applaud your ministerial efforts, but decry your inability to accept others.

Friend? This is not really the place you believe is rife with derision to convert...tell your Elders to exlain that to you, but they won't.

Hesitantly, I applaud your efforts, but this is probably not the best place to push your agenda. And your opening post shows that.

You won't win converts, but will come to question your own beliefs.

Peace......MS

edit on 24-10-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It appears the OP has already abandoned this thread — just like all the others he’s written.

Shows up, writes a long winded OP, then disappears when he gets any responses. This is called preaching. This site is for discussion. Apparently, the OP doesn’t get that. All one way conversations, just like every other JW.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Huge backlash? No, i refuse. Too mild.

I hereby declare an open war against them. JW.

I do not believe in violence but when they come, once again, i will speak in a manner that they will never return.

Martin Luther King proved the peaceful protest works
Don’t want to become worse than the evil they are and that happens easily

I think just bringing attention to the truth will cause the JW cult to actually do something as opposed to ignoring the issue
It worked on the Catholic Church, JWorg are the same, just allowed to get away with their evil, they need to have the truth shoved in their faces

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I personally think the key is to acknowledge their is evil in the organisation and hold the leaders accountable
That every member should say and do something, hell, these followers won’t even acknowledge this evil exists in their community
Worse is they won’t and can’t even read non cult related comments

Edge is welcome to his beliefs, just not pretend his organisation is Godly, it has evil in it, to the rotten core. A white washed tomb of death and stench

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You Must BE Holy

I know.

Us holy people are omniscient.

edit on 24-10-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdgeofParadise
When you look at these scenes what emotions are stirred in you:

I love apples.

edit on 24-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join